+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tps trinkets ??

Tps trinkets ??

With all the new changes to block value and the increased value of ap for prot warriors, i have been wondering about tps/dps trinkets. Yes i know tps is pretty much a none issure but still ...

Anyways here is my question have anyone done the math on the Block value trinkets (auto blocker and coren's coin) vs shard of contempt and berserkers call? I do ofc relalise that the fight in question is of huge importens in this question.

Shard of Contempt is an automatic shoe-in. It used to be amazing because of the expertise and bit of AP proc. Now it has the same expertise, and AP that causes all of our threat to scale a lot more for the duration. It's even better now.

As for other trinket, eh. I'd use a block one just to give you some mitigation and offensive boost in one. Keep the Berserker's Call for when you're dps'ing/farming. (My new favorite thing to do on my warrior is to farm/aoe farm in full BT/Sunwell dps gear with my shield on and just annihilate things)
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

tps trinkets

I use both autoblocker trinkets. Not only is single target threat boosted, but also AoE threat via damage shield. You might consider also putting them into a macro so it attempts to use both of them each time you hit shield block. They won't trigger at the same time but they don't share cooldowns either so your first 2 shield blocks will trigger a trinket, 3rd won't if you are hitting them every 40 seconds.

yeah i know yarock also been doing that and popping shield block at the same time = imba shield slams

Since a lot of the trash I encounter is usually melee, I tend to pull large packs and have both coren's and autoblocker on. Higher damage shield damage.

For bosses, autoblocker and shard of contempt for threat. If survivability matters I'm rocking two stamina trinkets.

Still...I'm not sure if the shard would outrank a block value trinket on trash if you were on the ball with the AP proc and shockwave....that's too much work for me though haha. Time to continue relying on damage shield for aoe pulls and roll my face on the keyboard....man I need to work on aoe tanking.

well the thing about the shard is, afaik anything above 23 expetise skill on trash is pretty much wasted, hence my doubts as i have 23 expertise skill without shard ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ranx View Post
    well the thing about the shard is, afaik anything above 23 expetise skill on trash is pretty much wasted, hence my doubts as i have 23 expertise skill without shard ..
    If its trash your thinking about i would stick with block trinkets. They increase your mitigation slightly along with having higher shield slams and higher damage shield which is great for trash.

Since most trash packs you will be AOE tanking the damage shield part of it would see a great increase.
    Also with trash having such low health high shield slams are the way to go for high threat.

Pull
    Tclap
    Shockwave
    Wait till they get unstunned.
    Block trinkets + Shield block = win for threat.
    Last edited by Nuke; 10-29-2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Typos.

If you are not hit capped Icon of Unyielding Courage or Romulo's Poison Vial, or even a crit trinket will be better than a BV one.

The +hit trinket might even be better than Shard of Contempt on some fights, for example, casters.

Remember that the Shard gives a massive AP on proc, has a high proc rate, long duration, short internal cooldown, which means high uptime. So even in AOE farming it gives the AP boost to help Shockwave and Thunder Clap.

+ Reply to Thread