+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Critical Block Buggy?

Critical Block Buggy?

Hi,

one question, does critical block work for you? It doesnt procct once with my warrior.

critical block works for me - It has been quite satisfying to hear the "that attack was fully blocked" Bonk sound on a boss. Lawl

i had a 5200-ish block on Supremus the other day. He hit me for something like 276, and I laughed. I should have screenshotted it.

I'm honestly not sure why it was so high - unbuffed I have around 800-ish block (in the set i was in at the time), 2 trinkets up would be 1320-ish (+200*1.3, +200*1.3). Shield block up would be another 1000-ish, since Shield Block's +100% modifier is before Mastery's +30% modifier, it would be roughly 600 of the original 800, plus 200 for each trinket active, so that's 2300-ish, critically doubled for 4600-ish ("double the normal amount" seems to imply its a late-calculation double).

I guess the remaining 600-ish came from strength buffs active at the time? Kings + Totem adjustment + (30% talent) + (100% shield block modifier) * 2 (critical block modifier) = the remaining 600. 600 / 2 = 300 / 2.3 ~= 130 * 2 = 260 strength that i need to account for. That seems reasonable. Plus i'm working from an admittedly faulty memory, so all of these numbers are subject to adjustment.

I guess I'll have to take a look at things next time and try to screenshot some stats. Maybe Fraps a boss fight with the combat log and character screen up and look for the good ones. But it definitely works.

Trinket(s) up, SB, and Critical Block can definitely make for some sexy numbers. Managing to get full coverage (uncrushable) from Block Rating will really pay off, especially when tanking large numbers of mobs. It's something I'll have a set to do for certain encounters in WoTLK.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Is there a synergy between critical block and damage shield? If I get a critical block off of a mob's melee attack, does that mean it then gets hit for 20% of double my current block value? Has anyone had experience with this occurring?

if you care to re-read the tooltip you'll see it says you have a 30% chance on a succesfull block to double the amount blocked. not double your BV. so it should not affect your damage shield in any way.

but that's also how Shield mastery used to be worded (increases the amount your shield blocks by 30%) so it does infact increase your damage shield and shield slam output while it is active.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

You should be able to notice these things in game as well.

+ Reply to Thread