+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Polar's Easy Pre-Naxx Tank Gear List

for the gun crafted by Engineers : Armor Plated Combat Shotgun : Armor Plated Combat Shotgun - Item - World of Warcraft

I Love you guides polar. I thought you might want to add the quest rewards from Wanted: Ragemane's Flipper (sorry not sure how to link) The mace is what I am using and it looks comparable to the items you have listed.

Updated with most of your suggestions. Thanks all!

What about the Blood Infused Pendant for neck as an option? It's a quest reward for "A Hero's Burden" in Basin?

EDIT - I'd make it a link but wowhead is down.

/readycheck
    /cast Charge

Quote Originally Posted by Jivatma View Post
    Hi all,

This is a great gun and I highly recommend it but it does not make the list since it is a crafted "epic" piece. However, if you have the cash then definitely put it on your shopping list.
    Last edited by Polar; 11-25-2008 at 05:12 PM.

This is a very nice list indeed, thanks for compiling it

I just wanted to add that, for the shoulder enchant, tanks can opt for the 'old' Aldor enchant, which gives exactly the same stats as the lesser pinnacle enchant.

Greater Inscription of Warding - Item - World of Warcraft

This is a pretty obvious question but wanted to ask it just in case I am thinking too much with my warrior and not enough with my DK. Do the same tanking principles apply to the DK as the other tank classes. Meaning do I need to be stacking Def, Sta, and Expertice as I had always done with my warrior. Since a DK can not use a shield, I plan to stick to the 2h weapons so as to reduce the ammount of parry chances boss mobs have against me.

Basically, do I still look for the same old tanking gear for my DK that we have always looked for as tanks or do stats affect us differently?

Just want to say, for the belt you can add Eternal Belt Buckle. They are currently going for around 85g on my server.

Thanks Mr. Polar

I have those a bit better. Yes Guys there is a Gun out there the mats are easy enough to get if your guild loves you they are 10 titanium bars 15 eternal airs 15 eternal waters and a frost orb can not remember the name of it but an engineer can make it found one on my sever just tring to get the airs now. look on wowhead or ask an engineer, and it looks like a f@#$ing tank.

[item]Torta's Oversized Choker[/item] is a BOE neck a guildy sent me. Definitely comparable to the ones on the list.

There is a 22 stam enchant for boots, I don't see it listed on your boots section. Enchant Boots - Greater Fortitude - Spell - World of Warcraft

Polar,

This list is great, and frankly, the list everyone turns to. Excellent work!

A couple of little things:

For legs, you say:
    Recommended Enchant: Frosthide Leg Armor (+55 stamina, +22 agility)

These are Epic leg enchants and are likely to be prohibitively expensive for blue gear you will replace ASAP. The equivalent Blue item would be Jormungar Leg Armor (45 Stam, 15 Agi). The mats for this look reasonable.

Also, you do not mention the Daunting Handguards. These use the same family of attainable mats as the Daunting Legplates, are an equivalent iLevel to the Gauntlets of Vigilance, and yet have tonnes more defence - which is quite important as some of us need some high-defence options to juggle gear to hit the magic 540.

Needless to say, as a Blacksmith I am all about promoting the crafted stuff, so the Eternal Belt Buckle should at least be mentioned, even if it might be slightly pricey for what it does.

Slightly offtopic... Blizzard finally gives us a set of recipes from the trainer that are usable, class focussed, and have reasonable mats (no farming primals for hours to make a useless resist item solely for the skillups)... Yes, feeling the Blacksmith love after many years in the wilderness...

Az

PS: Any Trinket updates? I am just about out of quests everywhere and haven't found a single one. Never really got into BC Endgame so am still rolling with the Regal Protectorate - Remember that?!

List updated, taking suggestions into account.

amazing job!

this has helped me and will help me so much, thank you so much!

Amazing guide, helped me much to get some items.

But 1 note, why haven't you add the BS crafter's pieces like
    Titansteel Shield Wall - Item - World of Warcraft for example as a shield, those are one of the best you can get pre-naxx IF you have the money for it.

Superb work

First,

Superb work

First I want to say thank you for the good work you have done with assembly of the list and comments...

I have added your thread to favourites and will be using it to gear up for naxx..

Deadly

Tank weapon - Eternally Folded Blade
    Eternally Folded Blade - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Awsome nice list thank you! I got a helm from Grand Magus Telstra called Arcane-Shielded Helm I find awsome as well. But how do you guys make those cool links to the items to show the stats?
    Last edited by Chronic; 01-06-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Grammar

+ Reply to Thread