+ Reply to Thread

Thread: why is this 232?

why is this 232?

This dropped in POS HC the other night and as i was the only plate dps i picked it up.

Frost Wrym Ribcage

Im currently wearing

Breastplate of the Imperial Joust

Lacking Gem slots Frost Wrym Ribcage barely seems an upgrade at all even with the extra strength
    An haste being pretty useless to most dps Plate wearers
    just seems a bit naff or am i missing the point?

Platehelm of the Great Wyrm - Item - World of Warcraft <- Wyrm loot just tends to suck, I guess.

The item is a 232 because it has an appropriate amount of itemization points spent on it. They might not be what you (or anyone else) value, but they are there, none the less.

haste is good when you hit the crit cap!

At times I truly believe blizzard likes to throw trick questions at you. As in hey this is a ilvl245 trinket it must be better than this ilvl200 trinket right?

Not always the case....

Item level is not a upgrade indicator for the same reason gear score is not a skill indicator.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

GC has stated multiple times that he doesn't want everything to be an obvious upgrade. Making gear choices based on class knowledge is part of what makes the game fun for people.

Budget diminishing returns: The bigger a stat in the item, the more expensive it gets to add more. That's why a piece of gear with most stats on it is more likely to be better. Sort of picking "one +100 good stat" and "one +70 good stat and one +70 medium stat"

ah well in that case im kinda glad i was sensible enough to see that as an arms warr this was not really much good to me.

i feel almost intelligent
    but what about my gearscore!! (joke):P

Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    gearscore
    All fucking people who take gearscore seriously must fucking burn, to paraphrase full metal jacket.

I like me some haste on my paladin...I want to stack up corruption asap.

And at least it's not freakin arp. God I hate how every piece of plate that's not tier (EXCEPT T9.* CHEST...WHY DOES THE RET T9 CHEST HAVE ARP?!) has arp on it. I HATE arp. I have an enhancement shaman and a ret paladin...thanks marks hunters and dps warriors/blood DKs. Thanks a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    GC has stated multiple times that he doesn't want everything to be an obvious upgrade. Making gear choices based on class knowledge is part of what makes the game fun for people.
    Specifically, GC said higher ilvl != better gear.

That and they considered ilvl 300 shirts.

Simple, it drops in 5-man instances. Very little loot in the new 5 man instances have sockets, bar a few pieces like 2 handed weapons and helms and a couple of others. I think they didn't want the items that dropped in the new instances being better than 232 loot you'd get in TotC 10 or from emblems.

+ Reply to Thread