+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chestguard of the Warlord vs Chestplace of Stoicis

Chestguard of the Warlord vs Chestplace of Stoicis

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

Socketed with 10 hit, 10 strength, 15 stam, that also nets the socket bonus of 6 stam, bringing the new totals to:

36 hit

vs

Socketed with 10 str for 3 stam socket bonus:

97 armor
    39 block value
    7 str
    7 defense
    8 dodge

So basically how important is it to be hit capped? Reason I'm asking is because of Diminishing Returns, if you have alot of Dodge already (around 28% for me) the Stoicism chest isn't providing as much avoidance as it would pre-DR's, so maybe it's better to use your chest slot to maximize threat output.

Anybody think those tradeoffs mentioned above are worth it?

After looking at the actual tradeoff, that's giving up alot for 36 hit, but 36 hit is a ton of hit!
    Last edited by clavarnway; 10-24-2008 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    So basically how important is it to be hit capped? Reason I'm asking is because of Diminishing Returns, if you have alot of Dodge already (around 28% for me) the Stoicism chest isn't providing as much avoidance as it would pre-DR's, so maybe it's better to use your chest slot to maximize threat output.

Anybody think those tradeoffs mentioned above are worth it?

After looking at the actual tradeoff, that's giving up alot for 36 hit, but 36 hit is a ton of hit!
    I have both and I never use the ZA chest except for gimmicky "LOL I HAS 18K UNBUFFED" set.

As a matter of opinion, the Stoicism is the all-around better piece. It loses only a small amount of stam (like 13) when you take into account the extra gem slots, and gains 1000 armor, superb defensive stats, and Block Value. Although 36 hit is certainly a lot, black value is doubling as a real-time mitigation stat as well as punch-packing threat.

As always, it's only my opinion, but almost never will I use a lower ilvl piece, simply because a higher item level is more stats. If they're all tanking stats, it's probably a better tanking piece.
    I. Am. Warrior.

that's twice now you've said black value mero.. lol

I've always used my warlords... because i'm too cheap to buy the stoicism

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread