+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improved Def Stance - 10% buff to everything?

Improved Def Stance - 10% buff to everything?

Improved Defensive Stance Rank 2
    Requires Defensive Stance
    While in Defensive Stance all spell damage is reduced by 6% and when you Block, Parry or Dodge an attack you have a 100% chance to become Enraged, increasing melee damage caused by 10% for 12 sec.

Does that bolded part mean that only melee, ie: hand to hand attacks are buffed? That would be things like Shield Slam, Devastate, etc..or things like Shockwave/Thunder Clap too?

Sure the wording suggests the former but we all play WoW, we all know things don't always work the way we intuit.

I've noticed that my Shield Slams and Devastates do more when it's activate. I can't confirm yes or no on Shockwave/Thunderclap though.

it's a 10% physical damage buff when active, don't think it matters if it's ranged or melee physical attacks. it does not cause 10% more damage with magical effects or procs (enchants, TF, etc)

here's the buff you gain: Enrage - Spell - World of Warcraft
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Whenever I'm again on my Warrior I will need to test this to verify, but that does seem right Xav, thanks.

That would be nice if it turned out that way I don't have Deathfrost or a Thunderfury so that would mean most of us would get full benefit out of this

I carefully tested thunderclap + enrage for my spreadsheet.

On live it currently DOES affect Thunderclap. I presume that that means it affects everything, including shockwave, etc.

Another thing I discovered is Thunderclap does 150% damage on a crit, like a spell. It doesn't do double damage like a melee attack. I've not yet tested it with Impale or Relentless Earthstorm Diamond. Shockwave does double damage on a crit.

the 150% is known, it is intended as far as we know =T

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread