+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.0 tanking legs which one is best

3.0 tanking legs which one is best

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

because of the changes it is a really hard decision.

edit:

looking for a list not just which is best

i would list them as

t6
    unwavering
    sunguard
    aldor
    Last edited by Darksend; 10-23-2008 at 12:45 PM.

Your list looks good. Only thing I think you didn't mention is what the stats look like on the tank before going after this gear.

If you low on expertise (and avoidance) the sunguard pants probably outdo the unwaivering ones. Otherwise, I like the way you ranked them.

Course then again, a lot of people don't care about threat anymore. Still, expertise is a good way to increase dmg as well.

I dont have T6 yet but have unwavering and sunguard, using unwavering in anything but avoidance fight right now. Really just Archimonde.

I'm looking over the T6 and not that impressed for the parry value you give up alot of Shield Block rating and we don't automatically block every attack anymore. With the new mechanics I'm trying to mitigate as much as possible, my SB% is up to 37% with dodge/parry at 36% add in mischance and only about 15% attacks are unmitigated.

I'd love some opinions on if I'm way of base.

Parry is starting to become a very enticing stat now that diminish returns are in effect. I know in my case that I've got so much dodge that 1 to 1 gains to parry vs gains to dodge actually result in more avoidance make parry far superior for me at the moment.

I'm really tempted to go with T6 legs over the rest. I'll benefit from that much parry the most I think and I've got adequate levels of expertise through other pieces.

never thought about the diminishing returns.. are you using the artifact > the pocketwatch because of that? or did they not implement diminishing returns yet on avoidance?

Quote Originally Posted by hbombs View Post
    never thought about the diminishing returns.. are you using the artifact > the pocketwatch because of that? or did they not implement diminishing returns yet on avoidance?
    Yup, I'm using Artifact for that reason. I get roughly 1.5% avoidance from it (should be 1.9%) whereas Pocketwatch gives me 0.9% avoidance (should be 2%). Not to mention, the usage of Pocketwatch is just murdered by diminishing returns now so I prefer the 2500 usage. That being said... things are so easy atm that I could just not use trinkets at all anyway lol.

My other gear is flooded with Defense gems b/c that's the only way I can maintain 490 defense and have 365 FR for phase 2 Illidan. The loss of our 20 Defense Skill talent definitely greatly affected gearing for resistance fights.

onslaught and sunguard are still superior depending on the stats you want (expertise, sbv)

between sunguard and unwavering which one is better ?

I like the unwavering personally because i'm a SBV junkie, and having Block rating for me has become more useful now that SBV is such a huge component of our mitigation.

But the Sunguard are higher I level, higher stam, higher armor, and better avoidance, so for survivability, and expertise, it's better hands down.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Unwavering for trash.... Sunguard for bosses?

That's how I roll!

Guys, I am trying to get a good TPS tank with avoidance/parry

Please have a look at my character on WoW amoury and tell me what you guys think please...
    Toon name: Unblood

unblood, create a new thread in the Armory Suggestions and Ratings subforum and post a link to your armory.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Sunguard are the best in today's environment. They are good for all situations in that they have the best EH, best avoidance and also expertise for threat. I would get T6 only if it meant getting the 4pc.

akama dropped his legs last night, really didnt want them but i was the only plate tank in the raid so the ml forced em on me.

probably not gona use them as the lack of defense is crippling.

i still really like the unwavering and t6 over sunguard, i know expertise is nice but either t6 or unwavering will continue to be really nice for leveling.

if i dont get t6 on moday probably gona get the unwavering and an autoblocker

I had never used the comparison tool from wowhead. Thank you for pointing that out.
    I used the Sunguard because it allowed me flexibility to add expertise for threat but since I got the T6 I have been using them for the 4pc. bonus and can squeeze in expertise off other items. I guess DR is going to be an issue to keep in mind going forward as well.

unwavering imo..

1 def gem, 2* 15 stam. and Def enchant on legs. TY. Gn.. where is my T6 token ?
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

I am using the T6 Legs and the Artifact for the parry, as well. Prior to them, though, it was Unwavering for Trash and Sunguard for Bosses.
    Loyalty above all, except Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    Sunguard are the best in today's environment. They are good for all situations in that they have the best EH, best avoidance and also expertise for threat. I would get T6 only if it meant getting the 4pc.

i agree, i just hit 70 last week and have just finished saving up the 100 badges confident i spent them very well.

also, gtfo my name, Hamburgler.

+ Reply to Thread