+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pitbull

pitbull

Hey just started making my own UI etc....took me long enough huh...lol anyway i want pitbull to show a Portrait on my target frame, I have Portraits enabled under Modules>Portrait>enable But i still cant get a portrait to show anywhere! cant seem to find any other options for it like positioning etc..Using the latest one from curse Pitbull 4.0 Open beta 5

P.S is there a way to make the target frame Right clickable To get the options like inspect duel etc?

Your target frame doesn't do that by default? I'll check into it later with WoW in front of me.

Anyways look for the portrait option under Layout Editor->Indicators->Portrait. Not sure which beta version I have but I doubt this has changed.

ahh cool got Portraits up now, Just wish you could Enable them on certain frames only..and yeh i cant right click on my Target frame...really annoying

Pitbull is actually somewhat complex for people new to UIs. I would suggest using X-perl at first (even though I can't stand it now). Personally I use Stuf Unit Frames.

But anyway, Pitbull is layout driven. So, first you have to figure which layout your target frame is using, then go into that layout's options, and then enable portrait. If you enable portrait on a layout that your target frame isn't using, then your not going to see any changes.

[EDIT]Just saw your updated post. If you want different settings for different frames, create different layouts and then apply specific layouts to whatever frames you want. When I was using Pitbull I had a separate layout for my player, target, and party.

Yeah ditto on what Helgi said. At first Pitbull is kind of intimidating and can be frustrating when trying to define new layouts for various things. My focus target, pet, party members like Helgi's are all different. Most of your things are probably using the one called "Normal."

Anyways about clicking on your bar look under the Units tab. There for your different options (Player etc, target being the one you're currently looking for) look for the option Click-through and make sure that box isn't checked. That should work.

Also make sure when you're editting your layouts, make sure it's applied to the unit so you can see the effect. For example if you make a new layout say xsilver for your player, make sure under unit for player, it has layout set to xsilver. Otherwise you won't see the changes as they're made.

Edit: And a neat feature is if the new layout you're making is only slightly different from another one you made, make sure that old layout is selected first before typing in the name for the new one. It will use all the settings of the old layout that was previously selected. Saves time from having to remove and add the same thigns over and over.

I recently posted my UI in the Show your UI thread. Check it out to see the different layouts for everything from target's target to player.
    Last edited by BruisedOoze; 11-23-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Ya it takes a bit of getting used to but the layouts are easier than the old version of pitbull where every possible frame had tons of settings. So just make different layouts for each unit frame you want to look different.

For example you might want your Player frame and Target frame to look the same so just make that "Layout 1" or "Default" or "abc123" the name doesnt matter as long as you know what it is. Then just make a new one for each different type of frame. I have one for my player/target, one for target of target, and one for focus. That covers my needs but each will be different depending on UI layout.

fixed

Ok awesome thanks for all the replies i now have all the layputs worked out, Each frame functioning different....pitbull is awesome, But i still cant add Right click functions to the target frame...Click through IS NOT enabled.

Does the frame highlight itself when the mouse hovers above it? That's odd that the click through option didn't work as I can't find any other option that is related to the right click menu within the Pitbull options.

Maybe another mod is conflicted with it? I would check the comment section for PitBull to see if it's a known bug or ask what may be up with that.

The option is not enabled by default and as you say you haven't changed it. Is there a part of the addon not enabled in the addon menu when you select your character. I'm sorry, I know these are silly questions but I can't really think of much why this isn't working at this point without being over your shoulder.

And it's only the target frame that does this? That's really odd. I have open beta 5 as well so I doubt it's a version issue.

yea

yea the fram is active on mouse over it highlights, on right click it unselects, Vanishes

Yeah if Click-through is enabled the frame doesn't even highlight itself. So it doesn't seem like it's forcing itself through another command.

Hrmm do you have clique or a mod like that? Maybe it's overriding the right click on a target for some reason? I saw through some old posts that this was a problem a couple years ago with older versions.

I would try disabling all mods but PitBull and see what happens.

I couldn't find anyone else with this error recently.

+ Reply to Thread