+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitbull - Video Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Caulle View Post
    Pitbull can display buff/debuff text via 2 methods. The cooldown spiral, and cooldown text.
    Unfortunately, it wasn't the overlapping text.
    It seems they don't have an option for me to display it how I wanted it.
    I was trying to move the spiral text to the bottom of the buffs.

Thanks for the speedy responses though, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuma View Post
    I was trying to move the spiral text to the bottom of the buffs.
    Not possible to move the text unfortunately. It's either smack in the center, or at the inside top.

Hi there, I'm new at this forum, have to congratulate you on this video tutorial, made me change my UI alot , Pitbull makes wonderful things.
    Just wandering what's the add-on that you use to make the bags that way...

Dear Caulle.

I will join the others posting here, to really applaud for a great video Really informative, and demystifying PitBull a lot - It can be quite a big mouthfull sometimes

I have now sat up a wonderfull UI- just the way I want it. I have one thing that bugs me tho, and I don't know if it is a bug, or a noob-mistake made by me

My problem is the RangeFinder (Or RangeTracker, or what it is called)

My old unitframes was Xperl, and it's RangeFinder worked by defining one of your spells/abilities as argument to it. Everything that was out of range of that particular spell, faded out. It worked wonders - I just put a 40 yards range spell in as argument, and everything >40 yards away would fade out.
    Now, the rangeFinder in Pitbull doesn't seem to work that way (At least I haven't found it). But it has a rangeFinder functionality, which I have enabled. The only problem with it is, that it only works half of the times.

I was running arround in Dalaran, testing it with my target-frame. On players, it seems to be quite random if it works or not. On some NPC's it is faded, even if I stand on top of him/her. On other NPC's it works as intended.

I think I have sat everything up as it should - but it is weird that it doesn't always work :S

I hope someone is able to help.

Many hugs

/Tavia

For some reason, I don't see the name of the spells on my targets casting bar?
    How can i fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Linkinn View Post
    Just wandering what's the add-on that you use to make the bags that way...
    Skinner with the gradients turned off. This requires a force reload for the changes to take effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    My problem is the RangeFinder (Or RangeTracker, or what it is called)

My old unitframes was Xperl, and it's RangeFinder worked by defining one of your spells/abilities as argument to it. Everything that was out of range of that particular spell, faded out. It worked wonders - I just put a 40 yards range spell in as argument, and everything >40 yards away would fade out.
    Now, the rangeFinder in Pitbull doesn't seem to work that way (At least I haven't found it). But it has a rangeFinder functionality, which I have enabled. The only problem with it is, that it only works half of the times.

I was running arround in Dalaran, testing it with my target-frame. On players, it seems to be quite random if it works or not. On some NPC's it is faded, even if I stand on top of him/her. On other NPC's it works as intended.
    I believe the range in Pitbull is hardcoded. You can't actually set the range, it's automatically set up for you. I'm not sure why you'd be receiving a problem with it at all as it's never been problematic for me.

My best guess is this... The last time I checked (couple of years ago) the blizzard code was set up with only a few sets of static range checks. It was something like 10, 30, and 100 yards. It was impossible to set range checking to 40 with any sort of unit frames, so sometimes you'd have people in range even though the frames would say they are out of range.

They've either since fixed this, or the XPerl authors have found a work around. Either rate, I'm sorry I don't know why the range checking isn't working for you. Though I've never had any problems using Pitbull on my paladin for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bragoon View Post
    For some reason, I don't see the name of the spells on my targets casting bar?
    How can i fix it
    Pitbull > Target > Text > Cast
    Pitbull > Target > Text > CastTime
    Two separate checks you need to make. Make sure you have a target before you look in your pitbull options or you'll only see "Combat" as an option.

Thanks for the useful info...

Skinner with the gradients turned off. This requires a force reload for the changes to take effect.

I believe the range in Pitbull is hardcoded. You can't actually set the range, it's automatically set up for you. I'm not sure why you'd be receiving a problem with it at all as it's never been problematic for me.

My best guess is this... The last time I checked (couple of years ago) the blizzard code was set up with only a few sets of static range checks. It was something like 10, 30, and 100 yards. It was impossible to set range checking to 40 with any sort of unit frames, so sometimes you'd have people in range even though the frames would say they are out of range.

They've either since fixed this, or the XPerl authors have found a work around. Either rate, I'm sorry I don't know why the range checking isn't working for you. Though I've never had any problems using Pitbull on my paladin for healing.

Pitbull > Target > Text > Cast
    Pitbull > Target > Text > CastTime
    Two separate checks you need to make. Make sure you have a target before you look in your pitbull options or you'll only see "Combat" as an option.
    Thanks a lot, Caulle

Many hugs

/Tavia

Hi Caulle.

I am copy & pasting the code from your .lua on the first page of this thread into my in-game Pitbull layout importer thing, the game just hangs and eventually it just crashes out.

Am I doing it correctly?

I also tried saving your .lua into my addons/savedvariables folder(s), but Pitbull would just plain fail to load then :S

Is it something to do with the latest version of Pitbull? Or am I just being a fool?

Could you perhaps post your latest version (3.2.9?) .lua?

Thanks

Any idea how I can make Party frames disapear while in a raid?

Pitbull options > Party > Other > Hide Party Frames in Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Prunetracy View Post
    Pitbull options > Party > Other > Hide Party Frames in Raid

Sorry, didn't explain my self very well.. I have it checked, yet it doesnt seem to want to work.

Thanks for the quick answer anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Cysne View Post
    Sorry, didn't explain my self very well.. I have it checked, yet it doesnt seem to want to work.

Thanks for the quick answer anyway
    There's another option in the same spot that says something like "Show 5-player raids as a party". If you're testing your ui with just one other person, it won't hide your party frames at all, you need at least 6 people in a group for the raid frames to show up.

If you're seeing both raid and party frames at the same time during a raid, I'm not sure what to tell you, because it works fine for me. Do you perhaps have another addon that is taking over your party or raid frames for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Prunetracy View Post
    There's another option in the same spot that says something like "Show 5-player raids as a party". If you're testing your ui with just one other person, it won't hide your party frames at all, you need at least 6 people in a group for the raid frames to show up.

If you're seeing both raid and party frames at the same time during a raid, I'm not sure what to tell you, because it works fine for me. Do you perhaps have another addon that is taking over your party or raid frames for you?
    Technically I think you can have a raid with just two people, and so long as you have a party member in G2-8 the frames will switch over from Party to Raid.

I'm probably just overlooking something but never hurts to ask.

In my raid frames health insists on draining top down rather than left to right. It works properly in all other frames. Any thoughts on where I might be able to change this behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by WBill View Post
    I'm probably just overlooking something but never hurts to ask.

In my raid frames health insists on draining top down rather than left to right. It works properly in all other frames. Any thoughts on where I might be able to change this behavior?
    Top to down? That's really quite weird. I just checked and there's nothing that I can see that would cause the bars to do this. The only thing I can imagine was if you had some Grid module installed for Pitbull that I'm not aware of that could change the behaviour like that.

Top to down? That's really quite weird. I just checked and there's nothing that I can see that would cause the bars to do this. The only thing I can imagine was if you had some Grid module installed for Pitbull that I'm not aware of that could change the behaviour like that.
    Guess I'll have to play around with the settings some more or, worste case scenario, try clearing out the files and re-downloading it.

A fresh install on my laptop (where I run no add-ons other than Auctioneer) displayed normal behavior so there's got to be an option somewhere ... maybe it's just not part of the option interface and got tripped behind the scenes somewhere?

Anyway - thanks for checking. Glad to know I didn't just miss it.

Yeah, I checked everywhere in the bar settings and couldn't find anything to make the bars move vertically. I'd like to know how it's done frankly.

OK - figured it out.

Turns out the top down behavior is set based on how you have your health and power bars set to appear relative to each other. There is no specific toggle to change the bar's display method - you have to change the bars positioning instead.

If you open up any unit frame's setting and browse to "Bars > Health" and under "Side" change the value to "Left" or "Right" that bar will move to a different spot and begin ticking top down rather than right to left.

The bar appears to only tick right to left if it's set to appear in the center.

I don't do raid lead so in the 25+ interface I've got it set to only display the health bar - hence my not realizing it's position relative to the power bar. I must have mis-clicked somewhere while trial-by-fireing the PitBull setup.

Rock on, thanks for the tip. I've got an idea for new raid frames now.

+ Reply to Thread