+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitbull - Video Tutorial

IF you messed around with the frame colours, I'd maybe reset your profile and see if that helps. Not sure on that one. However, the problem could be something else entirely. I've had this chat problem since 3.0 where all my chat tabs disappear. Sometimes even a /reload doesn't fix the problem. I looked it up and no one could offer any solutions at all. All I found was a blue post with directions on how to reset your UI. The problem usually fixes itself overtime, it's just an inconvenience for the time being. Not a whole lot was changed with the LUA going into 3.0 compared to 2.0, but I think there are enough small things that some bugs are popping up here and there.

Good vid. I've used Pitbull for ages, but I still picked up a useful tip or two. In particular, the idea of having the Blank space at the top and using that for the name really helped with an old bugbear of mine - mobs with long prefixes getting clipped and becoming indistinguishable (e.g. Shadowsword Fury Mage/Berzerker).

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    Good vid. I've used Pitbull for ages, but I still picked up a useful tip or two. In particular, the idea of having the Blank space at the top and using that for the name really helped with an old bugbear of mine - mobs with long prefixes getting clipped and becoming indistinguishable (e.g. Shadowsword Fury Mage/Berzerker).
    Yup, that's exactly why I do that. I hate it when the names clip.

A few issues

I love the video and I absolutely love pitbull. I dont know if you can help me with this but for the past 3 weeks ive been using it and its seems to mess up a lot when im in groups. Wont show all the group members and sometimes none at all which causes a few problems for me. I loved how customizable it was and easy to use unlike xperl. I dotn know if ive messed with some settings and did something to mess it up or not but for some reason it messes up on me a lot.

Have you heard of this happening for any reason? Just thought i would ask :P

@xdemonitax: Usually a /reloadui will solve any problems like that. I've had that too where you're sitting there going "Where's the 5th guy?" but he's already in the group. It just didn't update. I'm not sure what causes it though, just reload and you're good.

thanks caulle

Thanks a lot ill try the next time Didnt even think about that lol

sorry if this has already been asked, i basically just scanned through this post. has anyone had a problem with the focus target? since it's new since 3.0 i don't know if maybe Pitbull's creators have integrated the new Focus frames into Pitbull. being a tank i would like to have the target frame working for those phases like lady Vashj where i need to keep an eye on Vashj while adds need to be tanked aswell. would very much appreciate any advise as to how i can get my Pitbull Focus frames to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearfreid View Post
    sorry if this has already been asked, i basically just scanned through this post. has anyone had a problem with the focus target? since it's new since 3.0 i don't know if maybe Pitbull's creators have integrated the new Focus frames into Pitbull. being a tank i would like to have the target frame working for those phases like lady Vashj where i need to keep an eye on Vashj while adds need to be tanked aswell. would very much appreciate any advise as to how i can get my Pitbull Focus frames to work.
    Focus frames have been a part of Pitbull since it came out. They are turned on by default. You can see my focus frame right next to my player frame in my unlocked UI: http://www.methart.com/chaos/gaets/i...81101sraid.jpg If you're unsure if they're turned on, type /pitbull to bring up the menu. Then look through all the individual frames that are enabled on the right side. If you don't see "Focus" then you need to go to "Extra Units" and turn it on.

i guess i phrased my question wrong, soory. i meant that it isn't working. when i right click on the target and choose to "set focus" it gives me this.http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/q...108_131335.jpg if u have any idea how i can fix this so that my focus will work with pitbull, please let me know.

Just type /focus instead. I've never right clicked on a target before and used "Set Focus" to be honest. Try updating your pitbull, elseif submit a ticket for the author to look into the problem. Browse Project - WowAce.com

that worked, thank u so much for your help and your fast response.

I have a quick question.

How would one get the frames of the characters like Cider's?

So its just a picture of the upper half of the face, couldn't seem too figure it out

Otherwise, great tutorial!

Quote Originally Posted by Bragoon View Post
    I have a quick question.

How would one get the frames of the characters like Cider's?

So its just a picture of the upper half of the face, couldn't seem too figure it out

Otherwise, great tutorial!
    Pitbull > Player > Other > Portrait > Side > Center

One more question =D

When I am in a party, it only shows their damage taken, I would like it too show their entire health

Pitbull > Party > Texts > Health > Style
    And then choose an option from the drop down.

how can i show the numbers of my health... actually my health bar dont show the numbers, only my name.
    and can i increase my buff icons??
    ty

Quote Originally Posted by rameds View Post
    how can i show the numbers of my health... actually my health bar dont show the numbers, only my name.
    and can i increase my buff icons??
    ty
    The default Pitbull frames show your health number as a deficit instead of an actual number. So no, you won't see anything until you take damage. To change that...
    Pitbull > Player > Texts > Health > Style and then choose whichever you prefer from the drop down.

To increase buff icons...
    Pitbull > Player > Other > Auras > Buff Size
    Play with the slider until you get your buffs at the size you need. You can adjust the debuff size here as well. You will have to repeat this for each individual unit frame that you want the buff/debuff size increase.

I'm sorry to be rude and ask for an answer this way, despite you having a great video on the mainpage of the topic. But, do you know how to disable/move the buff/debuff's text from the middle of the buff/debuff on my target?

Here's a picture;
    ImageShack - Image Hosting :: wowscrnshot120908131850mv5.jpg

I'm sorry I had to ask this way, but I'm approaching the 'cap' for my net, which is never a good thing QQ.

Buff/Debuff options are under Target Frame -> Auras. I can't double-check right now because servers are down, but I believe positioning options are under either Position or Layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuma View Post
    I'm sorry to be rude and ask for an answer this way, despite you having a great video on the mainpage of the topic. But, do you know how to disable/move the buff/debuff's text from the middle of the buff/debuff on my target?
    There's something I just learned myself about Pitbull the other day in regards to the text on a buff. I can't give you exact directions right now as the servers are down.

Pitbull can display buff/debuff text via 2 methods. The cooldown spiral, and cooldown text. If both are turned on, you'll see both numbers semi over lapping, and it's rather annoying. With the Spiral the text will be in the middle of the buff/debuff, and with the cooldown text enabled it'll be at the top center.

Unfortunately you can't move the text at all to any other location. If you want to turn it off, just uncheck Toggle Spiral Cooldown under the main Auras options at the top.

+ Reply to Thread