+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitbull - Video Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Papaganu View Post
    Thank you very much for this video, it was extremely informative. I am new -- n00b-- to ui modification and your instructional video's are helping me get through the modification process.

With regards to raid frames, when I config them, it fives me 8 groups to confing. Can I limit this to 5?

At the risk of sounding like the village idiot, I am currently stuck modifying Bartender4...
    Yes you can limit the number of groups that appear.
    Raid > Other > Grouping > Group Filter
    There's a drop down box where you can check off groups you don't want showing up.

As for Bartender 4? I had planned to make a new video featuring a couple of different addons this week, and that was going to be one of them. I have to work today so can't start the tutorial until this stuff is done. I could probably quickly reply to any problems you're having with it though. What do you need help setting up?

Thanks for the tips! I'll look into that when I get home from work tonight.

Regarding Bartender, and this may not be an issue with bartender at all...

When I exit a vehicle, or die as a zombie in this case, it has me in no stance so i have a bar with only the attack action bound to 1. Is there anyway to get back into whatever stance I was in automatically, or is this a WoW issue? Thanks!

not sure what causes that problem either siona, i just change stance right as i rez and it fixes it.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by *Siona* View Post
    Thanks for the tips! I'll look into that when I get home from work tonight.

Regarding Bartender, and this may not be an issue with bartender at all...

When I exit a vehicle, or die as a zombie in this case, it has me in no stance so i have a bar with only the attack action bound to 1. Is there anyway to get back into whatever stance I was in automatically, or is this a WoW issue? Thanks!
    the ammount of things that could push you into a nul stance were very few, one of them would be dieing during a warrior call on nef if i recall, another was having so many buffs that your stance was actually pushed off

apparently in wrath there are new mechanics that all cause this, the zombies are one example.

Quote Originally Posted by darksend View Post
    another was having so many buffs that your stance was actually pushed off
    I remember that. Annoying!

Ah yeah, I was playing a druid back in classic WoW raiding days, but now that you mention it, I remember our old main tank complaining about both of those situations.

Yeah, Kaz, that works for me too. Now I just need to remember to actually press the stance button...

Awesome, thanks for much for the tut Caulle!

I used your UI pack for a long time but with the patch it got all borked and I haven't been able to find anything to satify.

Might someone please point me to where I could download Pitbull and SharedMedia/Lib. I have found Pitbull but am not sure if it's the correct version.

Thanks in advance
    No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

I'm going to have an updated UI package soon. Just hammering out the last few details. And links to the addons...
    PitBull - Addons - Curse
    SharedMedia - Addons - Curse
    SharedMediaLib - Addons - Curse

Thanks for the video Caulle. I'm trying out PitBull now. Can you post a couple of hi-rez screenshots of your completed layout, including Party/Raid? Squinting at the video hurts these old eyes.

I do like being able to customize, but this is my first venture into Unit Frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    ...if you want a "I need something pretty good fast" solution.
    Which one would you recommend for that solution?

Much appreciated Caulle

I'm looking forward to the UI pack since the last one was really great. For the moment I'm happy to go through the tutorials you put up since it means I get to learn how things work and obviously I get more satisfaction.

I'm with SamlDog...any chance you migth be able to post some screenies?

Cheers,
    SG
    No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Hey there, great video, was quite helpful to someone with little knowledge of UI management like myself.

I was just wondering, how do you get your portrait to appear beside your health bar? I've been looking through the options but don't seem to see an option for it, thanks.

Go to the modules tab and make sure portrait is turned on. From there, you should be able to add it to any frame you want.

Ah thank ye, I feel a bit silly for not checking there now.

I love pitbull and this tuto is great (again)

But i get this error with pitbull every time am in combat, when i mouse over the enemy bar... (i forgot to write it down) (am using a french game, maybe il not fully supported yet, but never had that before 3.0)

I am guessing it has something to do with the auras. I have that error too and I wasn't able to do anything about it.

I just went to options and shut off the "Display LUA Errors" thingie so it wouldn't bother me any more.

Yeah, there have been a few LUA problems for people recently with Pitbull, myself included. I got one last night even, but it was only one time and didn't happen again. Addons can be temperamental sometimes. -_-!

ok i got a question, been using pitbull for some time and i like it, i know how to set up and all, but i must have missed something... heres the prob:

say i get 100 rage in a fight, then i spamm like hell and make my rage go down.
    now when doing this it still seems as if i got 100 rage (seems like its not disapeering) its just red and the actuall rage i got is like a little brighter.
    (same with HP btw)

now this has never been a issue, can it have something to do with colour? or fading away? or the fact that i (like you showed in video) changed rage colour to a more brighter red instead of that pinkish red?.
    Never Fear When Baronen Is Near

I've experienced that too where sometimes my pitbull color frames won't fill back up or down depending on my hp/rage and sometimes I'll be at 25% and my bar will be entirely red so it looks like i have 100% hp or vice versa. Confusing!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Couple of things could cause this. For starters, do you have Banzai turned on in the modules? Banzai is a threat mod for Pitbull. If you have aggro, your health bar will turn red and remain that way until you lose aggro. You can turn this off in the player frame by going to Pitbull > Player > Other > Enable Aggro Indicatior.

This could also be caused by the frame colours if you set the background colour to red, or in any individual frame component if you went to, say, Player > Bars > Health > Custom Background (Or custom colour).

Other than that, I'm not sure what the problem could be because I've never run into that before. Updating the addon usually works to solve most problems. Could be UI lag in combat if you have too much stuff running. I'm stumped on this one. I've been using Pitbull for well over a year and I havn't had any problems with the bars not updating properly.

hmm, well it stay same even after combat, wich measn it cant be banzai (and i have used pitbull jsut like you for like 6months and never had problems like this) just when i messed around with colours it got fucked =) so tought you might ahve had that.
    it could be the backround colour but wouln't that mean it should be red all the time? cause its not, for example if i relogg or smt its fine, but asoon as i get rage and use up some the previous ammount (say i charged got 25rage and used a shieldslamm for 17 rage) it would show a dark red colour at 25rage mark and only slightly brighter red at the remaining rage ( in this case 8).

and dont disapeer for awhile, kinda wierd and odd =). gonna try play around and fix it
    Never Fear When Baronen Is Near

+ Reply to Thread