+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitbull - Video Tutorial

Pitbull - Video Tutorial

Next tutorial done. It's about 17 minutes long and 233mb in size. Please post questions on anything I didn't cover here.

Use this link for direct download in the meantime until I can get a YouTube version up.
    http://www.methart.com/chaos/videos/pitbull.avi
    Last edited by Caulle; 07-16-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Caulle.

You. Are. Awesome.
    I. Am. Warrior.

Freshly uploaded videos don't become stream-capable until a while after, I don't know the time, but it does take some.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

i'm stuck at work and filefront is blocked so i can't see it but i'll look tonight. I'll admit I use pitbull but aside from begging Fame to help me set it up, I'm pretty lost, hopefully this helps.

Thanks Caulle!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Never mind - finally got my lazy self around to installing the codec pack Kazeyonoma recommended and it works.
    Last edited by Theomach; 10-22-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Hi Caulle;

I had register to these forums to let you know what an informative and professional video you have created ...thankyou!

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Tangogulf; 10-24-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Excellent, I asked you about your Pitbull frames in a previous thread and thats an even better reply than i was expecting. Thanks!

As a complete nub of UI enhancement I approve of this message

the blank space tip is awesome!

PitBull can eat up a massive amount of config time when I decide to tweak things, but the power is overwhelming. Highly recommended if you want a "give me exactly what I want and damn the cost" unit frame solution. Not so much if you want a "I need something pretty good fast" solution.
    Learn to science and stop theorycrapping in its tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    PitBull can eat up a massive amount of config time when I decide to tweak things, but the power is overwhelming. Highly recommended if you want a "give me exactly what I want and damn the cost" unit frame solution. Not so much if you want a "I need something pretty good fast" solution.
    This. I've had a long history of unit frames from a very short lived experience with Perl, to a major frustration with Discord, to a long standing love with Nurfed. I swore by Nurfed for years but after a while it became a huge hassle. Before the in game GUI was implemented, all the frames had to be hand coded in the lua files (I know nothing of coding, it was all trial and error for me). And even once Tiv put the in game editor in, well, it was like using Discord. Really frustrating. I saw Pitbull in someone's UI screenshot around the time of TBC and gave it a whirl. It was never frustrating, just time consuming. And I've sworn by Pitbull since and will continue to unless something I like more comes out.

@Darksend: Actually, the blank space thing is something I had just figured out while making the tutorial. These are my old old old Nurfed Frames from before TBC and I've been trying to duplicate them since (albeit not very hard). And actually, now that I go back over that screenshot I'm going to modify mine a bit more. I've also got my raid frames almost identical to SRaid as well.

well however you found it, its amazing. i finally got mine exactly how i want it, i had been using xperl simply because i did not have to time to fiddle with settings, still dont, but since 3.0 came out and this video, and xav for uploading his settings, i finally have a ui im happy with since the 1st time before naxx. so thanks

Caulle;

I havent yet had a chance to try it in group. From the video I saw you disable the raid/group options.
    Will I be in for an unconfigured mess when I get into a group or are these permanently diabled until I activate them?

For those who may have had problems with the Pitbull.lua provided by Caulle. I found that the Frames were blacked out until I chose something other then CILO. As she mentions in the video, if you dont have the shared media files you may not have all her options. Apparently Cilo may not be one of them.

@Caulle: I'd like to thank you very much for taking the time to put together your Video Tutorials. This type of help is MUCH more useful to me than a LUA file as I actually learn how to set up the features. I generally search for screenshots I like and try to duplicate them, then I take what I've learned and modify it to match what I want.

These forums here on TankSpot have been by far the most productive source for learning how to setup my UI.

Thanks again for taking the time to put it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangogulf View Post
    Caulle;

I havent yet had a chance to try it in group. From the video I saw you disable the raid/group options.
    Will I be in for an unconfigured mess when I get into a group or are these permanently diabled until I activate them?

For those who may have had problems with the Pitbull.lua provided by Caulle. I found that the Frames were blacked out until I chose something other then CILO. As she mentions in the video, if you dont have the shared media files you may not have all her options. Apparently Cilo may not be one of them.
    When you enter a raid group, the raid frames will not appear until you enable them. And until you configure and set up your raid frames the way you like them, then yes they will be an unconfigured mess. I'm going to upload a new LUA with my raid frame set up. The frames are similar to sRaid.

And yes, unless you have SharedMedia installed, the texture won't work if you are using my LUA. Usually it defaults to the Blizzard texture

Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    @Caulle: I'd like to thank you very much for taking the time to put together your Video Tutorials. This type of help is MUCH more useful to me than a LUA file as I actually learn how to set up the features.
    It's sort of like that give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for life thing.

Hey Caulle,

Great video! I've been using Pitbull for a few months now and I love it. One thing that's always bothered me though, and I haven't been able to figure out is this: for health text on the target frame, I'd like it list health as a percent enemy npcs (preferably not enemy players, but I don't mind that as much), but I'd also like it to list the actual numerical value for friendly player characters. I have it set to display health numbers right now so that I can see how much health people in my raid actually have, but it's annoying when you're trying to determine what percent a boss is at when your target frame is showing it as 3.31m/5.23m. Any idea how to make this work?

Quote Originally Posted by *Siona* View Post
    Hey Caulle,

Great video! I've been using Pitbull for a few months now and I love it. One thing that's always bothered me though, and I haven't been able to figure out is this: for health text on the target frame, I'd like it list health as a percent enemy npcs (preferably not enemy players, but I don't mind that as much), but I'd also like it to list the actual numerical value for friendly player characters. I have it set to display health numbers right now so that I can see how much health people in my raid actually have, but it's annoying when you're trying to determine what percent a boss is at when your target frame is showing it as 3.31m/5.23m. Any idea how to make this work?
    That is a dogtag issue. If you go to the target frame, under texts, select health. In the right pane you'll see a bunch of options. Under Style, you can select from a number of different display options. If you want to be more complex (like choosing how the health display would be different for NPCs versus players) you need to use a custom set. Style-Custom, is where you can do that, but you'll need to understand the dogtag system. The dogtag system itself is too complex to explain here. It's basically a logical system that can display things based on variables. If you really want to customize the text, you'll want to look into all the various tags and how they work.

Quote Originally Posted by *Siona* View Post
    What Prunetracy said. You need to know how to use the Dogtag system to set that up. Unfortunately I don't. I know what you're talking about though as that's what I used to have set up. The easiest option which doesn't involve learning DogTag is to set your health value to "Absolute and Percent" so you'll get 3.31m-5.23m/63% as your display.

thank you for posting the video, I've been using pitbull for a while but it's good to see many of the options I didn't know about.

Thank you very much for this video, it was extremely informative. I am new -- n00b-- to ui modification and your instructional video's are helping me get through the modification process.

With regards to raid frames, when I config them, it fives me 8 groups to confing. Can I limit this to 5?

At the risk of sounding like the village idiot, I am currently stuck modifying Bartender4...
    Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer

+ Reply to Thread