+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grom'tor's Charge vs. Inuuro

Grom'tor's Charge vs. Inuuro

I just finished the Cipher of Damnation questline, happily rewarded with my long sought after Grom'tor's Charge. Just about the same time, though, I dinged revered with the Shattered Sun. This has presented me with a dilema: I know have access to two excellent tanking weapons. I already have the Grom'tor's Charge, but now I can adventure with Inuuro's Blade as well. This would be an easy choice, except that I'm an orc and the axe has an extra 8.5 expertise rating. So the axe gives me stamina and expertise, while the sword has hit, dps, and an amazing 1.4 speed. The speed alone is inclining me to take the sword, but am not sure on this. Any thoughts on which I should use?

I like to sword. I gave it +20agi enchant and it gave me some nice threat for tanking.. plus its great for PvE and ownin large mobs. I'm human warrior so i know zilch about horde.. other than having them for dinner.

IMHO, use the axe. Expertise in king for threat up to the soft cap. The swords higher damage, hit and speed dont make up for expertise.

Expertise soft cap to remove dodge from the table is 102 rating which equals 26 expertise.

Expertise also adds more hit to the combat table than +hit does when your below the soft cap. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tyg

go with the groms, i think with your racial it makes it better then the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by TYYGY2 View Post
    IMHO, use the axe. Expertise in king for threat up to the soft cap. The swords higher damage, hit and speed dont make up for expertise.

Expertise soft cap to remove dodge from the table is 102 rating which equals 26 expertise.

Expertise also adds more hit to the combat table than +hit does when your below the soft cap. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tyg
    I worked out that the 5 expertise skill added more hit than the combined hit and expertise from the sword; not sure about the hits per rating on each, but in this case, I'll hit more often with the axe (2.5% of the time) than I will with the sword (1.905% between the expertise and +hit), and have more stamina to boot.

I agree, the axe since your an orc over the sword.

Here's an interesting question I saw on the official forums that got a couple nonanswers:

Grom'tor's Charge, or the HH blade for tanking?

Grom'tor gives me the orc racial, is faster, has defense (i can get 490 from other places) and more stam. HH blade is over 17 dps higher.

Quote Originally Posted by whirlo View Post
    I agree, the axe since your an orc over the sword.

Here's an interesting question I saw on the official forums that got a couple nonanswers:

Grom'tor's Charge, or the HH blade for tanking?

Grom'tor gives me the orc racial, is faster, has defense (i can get 490 from other places) and more stam. HH blade is over 17 dps higher.
    Does HH mean anything other than Honor's Hold? Only thing I can think of for HH, but it doesn't make sense if they're an orc, unless the OP meant Thrallmar.

Yeah - I think he meant the Honor Hold sword/Thrallmar axe (Warbringer's the axe, and I think Honor's Call is the sword).

Quote Originally Posted by Theomach View Post
    Yeah - I think he meant the Honor Hold sword/Thrallmar axe (Warbringer's the axe, and I think Honor's Call is the sword).
    Yeah, but if it's the thrallmar axe, he still gets the racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemek View Post
    Does HH mean anything other than Honor's Hold? Only thing I can think of for HH, but it doesn't make sense if they're an orc, unless the OP meant Thrallmar.
    Headless horseman possibly

Since someone said it was 17 more DPS, I bet they mean the Headless Horseman blade.

I meant the Headless Horseman blade, sorry about that.

Doesn't matter anyway, got my Sun Eater and slapped mongoose on it last night

Quote Originally Posted by whirlo View Post
    I meant the Headless Horseman blade, sorry about that.

Doesn't matter anyway, got my Sun Eater and slapped mongoose on it last night
    Grats! Out of curiosity, are heroic requirements equivilant to Kara?

Quote Originally Posted by Elemek View Post
    Grats! Out of curiosity, are heroic requirements equivilant to Kara?
    Don't know answer to that. But I do know I started out tanking heroics with Grom'tor axe and similar quest gear so you should probably be fine doing whichever. I strictly followed Polar's guide to Pre-Kara gear, but didn't have the time to go into Kara so I went heroics. Struggled a bit in the beginning but as I got better gear (and got to know instances better which is probably more important) things worked out easier.

*$

+ Reply to Thread