+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bloodyonoma's 3.0.2 Warrior PvP Guide

I know this is not exactly on topic per say but have any other night elf warriors been having huge problems with melée range? For some reason (not sure if llane is just a garbage server n terms of latency) my range indicator will show up as in range but when I'm trying to slow someone down, mostly through hamstring, I get the out of range error. It's a huge hassle to try to stick on people and spam hamstring just to get a single application when I could be dpsing. This, combined with a lack of piercing howl is making it nearly impossible to stick on targets, although being able to shadowmeld charge is great for when all you other ccs are on cooldown.

Also, I'm admittedly not well versed in the complexities of the pvp/ arena warrior, but I am making my warrior my main character as I see great potential in the class come level 80. Are there any specific pvp videos or video commentaries that I should study? I'm having trouble finding an useful video source at this time.

Thanks,
    Iazy

I'm a NE and I haven't had any trouble with range issues.

3.0 has only been out a few weeks. I haven't been watching warcraft movies so there might be some videos out but if you can't find any I'd suggest trying to find some videos from the "ESL Montreal 3.0 Live Stream" that happened soon after 3.0 was released. You can see how some top teams used the new changes in arenas.

okay, thanks for the quick response. I guess Llane is just laggy.
    Where would i find those movies, at? im guess Warcraftmovies.com

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

You should able to find some in their I'm sure.

hey what happened this sunday BW, i got on and you weren't on vent =( QQ

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I got on earlier. Ended up watching family guy and stuff on TV.

Sorry I missed it

i'll take this as a victory for me, Kz:1 Bw:-10 ;D

awwwwwwwwwwwww

quick question kaz, do you happen to know if reflecting HoJ affects our stuns' DR?

I have no clue, I'd have to test it.

Anything for fury?

How about fury? Anything with Titan's grip?

whatever testing I was able to do with pvp as fury ended up being rather dismal, it definitely isn't working very well in 1 on 1 situations whatsoever, in a healer/fury combo it might be viable, but again, it feels like of the 3 specs, it has the least mobility, and least survivability. It has the highest potential for burst however, but the MS on hit effect it has is a ppm, so it'll drop off more than you can control. I might try something tonight if I feel like respec'ing before the launch, but other than that, I'll have to get back to this at 80 =(

On the contrary kazey, I think Arms has the most potential burst with sudden death. My fury testing also had the same results. The only fun thing is hitting mages with a two hander and being able to spell reflect at the same time

lol bw, and that's true, sudden death + bladestorm can spell a lot of damage. in otherwords, fury just doesn't seem all that viable.

lowest survivability
    lowest mobility
    mid-high burst
    unreliable MS

just doesn't look like it's gonna do much for pvp =T

Not that I pvp much, but for all those taurens out there warstomp/bladestorm has won me many a duel

Thanks for the info Kazeyonoma,

cant wait to see more updates to this as soon as 3.1 comes out

Well a quick update to this is that fury has gotten to be quite the beast in pvp, being the primary spec that players use for pvp now. I'll write up a guide on it when I can, but BW can probably give a more concise one since I'm not taking PvP as seriously right now due to some imbalances I feel in the system.

I haven't been taking it seriously, the past month I've gotton one of every class to 60 and now I'm leveling my DK

I try to keep my guide updated though.

quick question, I watched a vid in youtube wherein a fury warrior uses charge and quickly switches to berserker stance. Given the nerf to fury warriors now, is that technique still viable? If not, can any1 give an advice on how to engage in any pvp fight? and what stance would be used during the fight? thanks!

which stance you use is largely dependent on your spec, and your playstyle, with the recent reduction in how much damage zerker stance penalty is, for fury you definitely want to stay in zerker stance, you get an STR buff for being in it, you have access to whirlwind and intercept, and pummel. You always want to get the charge off, it isn't on the stun DR anymore, it stuns for 1.5 seconds now, AND it gives youa nice buffer of rage to start with. ALWAYS try to get the stun off.

if you're arms, I find myself rarely changing out of battle stance, and if i do it's to def stance. If i change to fury it's just to intercept, then go back. having no pummel sucks, but the UA OP reduction of spell is quite good if not better than a quick interrupt.

+ Reply to Thread