+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Setting up MSBT to show SnB procs.

Setting up MSBT to show SnB procs.

Hey there.

This was actually planned to be a video tutorial, but then I found myself not being confident enough in my English speaking skills and I didn't want to edit text to a video with music. This "technique" obviously works with other buffs you gain, just replace 'Sword and Board'.

This tutorial does not teach you how to install addons, I therefore assume that you already have Mik's Scrolling Battle Text installed.

This is very simple so I will not make this too fancy and explain everything needed.

1. Open up the MSBT configuration by typing in /msbt

2. Go directly to Triggers and hit the "Add New Trigger" button. Choose an Output message, it's the text that will be shown when your SnB proccs. This is editable later if you get bored of yours.

3. The little white square decides about the color of your text warning. Use what ever you're comfortable with, maybe some signal color like red.

4. Click the , I think that is called a cog. Make sure it's set like in the picture.

Most of the stuff should be like that by default. Simply click the screwdrivers to the left of the 2nd condition and change 'Unknown' to 'Sword and Board'. I do believe that that is case sensitive so watch out for that.

5. Save that. The is optional, it's to set the size and the font of your text. MSBT accesses SharedMedia so if you want more fonts you should look into that.

6. , the 3rd button. Again some interesting options.

Output Scroll Area sets on which scroll area your notification shows up. You can look them up under 'Scroll Areas' and if needed add your own.

Output Message, again very obvious change it to what you like.

Sound, you can use the standard one but you can also add your own, there's a sound folder inside the MSBT addon folder.

'Always Sticky' modifies the way the text shows up a little, it makes it a little more visual and it stays longer that way. Personal choice, you got to test.

'Icon Skill'. Here you can enter the ID of a spell and it's logo will show up to the left of your notification. To find out about Spell IDs, go to wowhead.com, look up the spell and copy the numbers from the end of the URL.

7. Done. This should be it.

I hope this covers everything, as you can see it's really not hard. If any questions come up, fire at will.

awesome man, I have been answering this question to a lot of people and this is very very very organized and helpful, hell I learned the skill ID icon for SnB. thanks!

This deserves at least a temporary sticky.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Great tutorial, but I should probably mention that the latest version of MSBT comes with this trigger by default now >.<

Fortunately, as you mention, your tutorial is useful for setting up any trigger in MSBT!

This work great, thanks alot

Making custom triggers in MSBT can be daunting for someone that doesn't know the terminology. You explained it in plain English so that anyone can understand it. Well done.

Just what I was looking for!

Yeah, I love MSBT for the range of customisation although my remaining gripe is I cannot set the font size for crit and notification to fill up half my screen like SCT does!

Anyway, I went further and set a distinctive sound to SnB, so I would never miss it proccing. Opted for the "Fel Rage" sound which I dubbed "the nuclear explosion". That particular BOOM! used to drive me crazy because it was the default Omen threat warning before I finally learned to disable Omen sound notifications. Talk about poetic justice.

Thanks for the tutorial. I bet i was messing up capitalization.

This is an awesome explanation, I'm a newbie to msbt and have been battling to find a balance between the spam that it can give and useful things, I eventually disabled the "static" thingy and managed to get my own "revenge ready", ideally I'll take off "notifications" as well as just have the few things I'm really interested in, as I found when I first installed it it told me when other people were doing things as well, which got a little overwhelming
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

I broke down and installed MSBT last night since I have had nothing but issues with Parrot, SCT, and the default WoW combat text since the launch of 3.02. In addition to your instructions, I enlarged the text for the SnB proc text and added the murloc sound bite - it worked even better than I had hoped. I don't think I don't think I missed a SnB proc all night. I tend to keep my in-game sound pretty low so it does not drown out vent, so every time I heard a faint murloc noise, I knew it was time to go for another Shield Slam, even if I happened to miss the giant text notification.

I cant see any of the pics to set up the COG...i am using firefox..

it uses imageshack, so unless you have to blocked it should work.

An alternative is just downloading the latest version of MSBT which has this built in now I believe as a trigger.

Is it possible that the latest version of MSBT already has a trigger for Sword and Board?

Like Porcini pointed out before, this is now in the latest MSBT versions, but it still can be used to set up MSBT to show other proccs, buffs and gains.

Damn good job explaining this.

Quote Originally Posted by Domichi View Post
    ...... SnB proc text and added the murloc sound bite -.

Wow.
    how does that not drive you nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Like Porcini pointed out before, this is now in the latest MSBT versions, but it still can be used to set up MSBT to show other proccs, buffs and gains.
    Soz for thatone... But still it was a very good toturial!
    Getting those wardrums when sudden death procs is just to funny

Very nice guide. If I wasn't using the "TellMeWhen" addon that I recently heard about, I'd definitely make sure to implement this. But TellMeWhen is my love right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeater View Post

Wow.
    how does that not drive you nuts?
    it's crazy at first, but soon it just becomes like any other sound effect, except this one says, PRESS SHIELD SLAM NAO!

Can someone help me out and either give me a URL or tell me where i can find this addon? i seem to find it hard to notice when my glyph of revenge procs and when sword and board procs, and does this addon do thing such as yell at you when a CD is up for say TC or Shield Bash?

+ Reply to Thread