+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 116 of 116

Thread: Warrior Pulling Guide

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12
    Wondering why the video is down. Would realy like to have a look at it and see if there are tricks that i am missing. Looking at things from a new set of eyes is helpful to anyone

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by wotaru View Post
    Hi there. I know the pull you're talking about and I had to ask a mentor tank for advice. The trick is to wait at the bottom, use Heroic Throw and Taunt on each for the group of 2 and charge the group of 3. Hopefully your group knows not to pull aggro off the 2 coming at you. When they're close, Thunder Clap and Demo Shout and start AoE tanking.

    Hope that helps!
    My tactic is to stand down. Charge + TC on one of the group, and immediately target swap and intervene the party member who gained aggro/closest to the other group. Than shield slam + revenge and they are on me easily.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Neopite View Post
    My tactic is to stand down. Charge + TC on one of the group, and immediately target swap and intervene the party member who gained aggro/closest to the other group. Than shield slam + revenge and they are on me easily.
    Wow! That sounds even more uber. I gotta try that next time. Nothing says 'WARRIOR TANK!' than zooming around! I'm still working on getting comfortable with fully taking advantage of intervene.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    13
    I have seen a few posts above this about this video being unavailable. I have also been getting the same message today. Like the others, I would also like to view the video.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1
    Have seen alot of your movies and I love how you explain everything in detail. I would also really like to see this movie. It hasn't been working for me since I visited Tankspot for the first time.

    Can you please fix the link?

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawtorp View Post
    Wondering why the video is down. Would realy like to have a look at it and see if there are tricks that i am missing. Looking at things from a new set of eyes is helpful to anyone
    The Video has been down for quite a few days now. I too an looking forward to seeing it. It does not appear to be on Youtube either. Any ETA to it being reposted?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,442
    The video is currently down and the higher ups will look into it shortly, thank you for your patience.

    Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

    "Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24


  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5
    /bump for link fixage.

    I'm a 75 prot warrior on my second character (first is an 80 shadow priest), leveled at prot all the way, and loving it.

    As I approach 80 with a set of parapets in the bank, a cloak, a shotgun, and more enchanting mats and gems than I can shake a stick at, I find my aoe threat to still be an issue.

    I've been doing a lot of instances with my 80 mage buddy, and I'm hoping that a lot of the problem lies in the fact that he and his assorted 25 Uld/Maly/Naxx gear are simply too much for me and my quest reward blues and Riot Shield. I'm almost always able to hold agro on a single target in Gundrak and OK, but AoE pulls are tough.

    That was a long-winded way to say: please fix this link so I can pwn faces. Thanks!

    -Pyow

  9. #109
    Any news on the video being recovered, still missing?

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    Bump for info! All the videos I have seen have been very helpful and this would help me out a TON!

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766
    Couple things:

    1. Link broke a while back. I'm not sure if it had to do with Filefront's service or maybe I missed an auto-delete warning.

    2. The movie is too long for YouTube, and re-rendering it to two separate movies may drop it's quality substantially. I'll try it.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Renton, WA
    Posts
    35
    I'm not sure but I think there is something wrong with FileFront to begin with, I was trying to watch one of Caulle's guides on FileFront the other day and the download link was broken. So I tried downloading in High Resolution, everything looked fine FileFront showed that the movie was 2xx MB as said in his thread. I download it to find out it's 43 MB movie, so I'm like 'the hell?' I play it after it's done it turns out to be a demo in a FPS of someone hacking.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Couple things:

    1. Link broke a while back. I'm not sure if it had to do with Filefront's service or maybe I missed an auto-delete warning.

    2. The movie is too long for YouTube, and re-rendering it to two separate movies may drop it's quality substantially. I'll try it.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4

    AoE tanking with warrior

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyow View Post
    /bump for link fixage.

    I'm a 75 prot warrior on my second character (first is an 80 shadow priest), leveled at prot all the way, and loving it.

    As I approach 80 with a set of parapets in the bank, a cloak, a shotgun, and more enchanting mats and gems than I can shake a stick at, I find my aoe threat to still be an issue.

    I've been doing a lot of instances with my 80 mage buddy, and I'm hoping that a lot of the problem lies in the fact that he and his assorted 25 Uld/Maly/Naxx gear are simply too much for me and my quest reward blues and Riot Shield. I'm almost always able to hold agro on a single target in Gundrak and OK, but AoE pulls are tough.

    That was a long-winded way to say: please fix this link so I can pwn faces. Thanks!

    -Pyow
    For AoE tanking I suggest you,
    charge, cleave, shield block, thunder clap, demo shout, cleave-cleave-cleave.
    Though if dps can't wait, you might want to start with TC. The side effect, is that the attack speed will decrease of affected targets so they hit less while your shield block is up. Which simply does not capitalize on your Damage Shield talent.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    I had to blow the dust off my warrior, it took me forever to level him and when he did hit 70 I think I ran Kara twice.

    I'm currently 75 and so far I'm doing decent at tanking, more than 4 mobs require a bit of attention. Adds or pats I'm fairly adept at picking up, it's pulling that I could use some work at. That's why I was really looking for this.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5
    Good deal - appreciate the tips. I have been having a progressively easier time as I gear up and simply play more. What's frustrating is that aside from Tclap, Demo shout, and Shockwave, I'm hitting 2 targets at a time, max. I realize that's not taking damage shield into account, but blizzard or volley > damage shield. What I'm generally doing then is either tab targetting or attempting to click on names individually (using V to display health bars), taking a peek at Omen, and trying to identify who is getting drilled the most, focus on him a bit, then reevaluate and focus the next highest. Vigilance helps, but typically not enough. I'm actually considering switching Cleave for HS on my mouse wheel for aoe pulls.

    Quick question: is it preferable to devote all my rage to cleave the world or should I slam/revenge individual targets while throwing cleaves in as rage permits? I guess the question is which is the bigger priority?

    For Cider: have you checked into Vimeo? You can post up to 500mb per week, which I imagine is enough for this vid (unless it's a lot longer or higher quality than I assumed.)

    Thanks again team,
    Pyow

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts