+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior Pulling Guide

general comment on the 3rd pull since it's the most common. when you charge a mixed melee/caster grp like that you want to charge to the casters first. Melee mobs will proximity aggro and run to you which makes them easier to build aggro on with tclap/damage shield.

Caster mobs will proximity aggro too but will healer aggro if the tank isn't paying attention; normally a problem with new tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Talking makes me jumpy.
    I guess. LOL

Aspect of the Pogo

Nice summary of pulling techniques. I also went with both of the charge glyphs. The application of sunder on other targets isn't as useful generally, I think. That's what thunderclap and shockwave are for. It's just like using the Boar's Speed enchant; you could have stamina or slightly better trash tanking ability (that's all the Sunder glyph is good for), but once you start to value mobility, you can't get enough of it. The combination of the two charge glyphs, plus the thunderclap glyph and proper timing of shockwave makes tanking the skeletons dropping from felmyst quite a joy. As you said, Warbringer has value as another cast interrupt and reducing the cooldown on it makes it worth more.

Spell reflect surely! I either Bloodrage and reflect before the pull or it's my first action after charging somewhere like MgT.

Quote Originally Posted by EfemaN View Post
    Once again, great addition.

Any chance you could post the mods, macros, and gear setup you use. I really like your UI (clean with functionality), I've been looking for more macros to use, and I'm very curious to know your gear combination(you always log off in your epeen gear it seems).
    Indeed, I trolled the forums and did not see yours..Very clean and fuctional

I'll see if I can get a UI post of my own going soon for those interested.

Nice video and nice UI.

Wanted to add, that I somtimes have placed a party member at the corner so I can Warbringer -> TC -> Shockwave -> Intervene to zip back to my party. Not necessary, but fun

Also, I skip all that trash on my runs for the Baron mount because of the Cadaver Worms Sure you know that though. GL on getting your mount, hope to have one soon myself.

Talking makes me jumpy.
    you need to install JumpCounter. it may be the greatest addon ive ever gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache View Post
    you need to install JumpCounter. it may be the greatest addon ive ever gotten.
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghladum View Post
    I consider myself a pretty awesome tank - but I didn't know you could TClap mid-charge... that's pretty awesome. I always thought that Charge/Intercept worked fundamentally like a teleport, and the speed-run to the target was graphical only. One of the main reasons I thought this was that in PvP or arenas where two warriors charge or intercept each other simultaneously, usually the screen lags for a second, and then you wind up at your destination (where the other warrior was a moment ago), stunned.

But - very cool, and it's always good to point out TClap before Shockwave. I've found myself so in love with Shockwave that I often forget to check to see if TClap is available before hitting SW. I just need to hear that powerful earth-rending sound and see the explosions... NOW, ya know?
    One of the things I learned early on in heroics is when a target is pulled off you by a ranged DPS, you can hit intervene to get to them and taunt on the way by as you pass the mob.

Cider, this is a great video, and really helps nail in the fundamentals I read in Fortifications back in the day. Plus I was in strat the other day
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

As the above poster asked, which mod(s) are you using to see when the cooldowns are up on things like shield slam, revenge, etc.

Someone mentioned you going for the baron mount. I just broke 80 solo clears of strath, and still no sign of the mount hehe.

Awesome vido

not sure if i should ask this here or make a new topic but ill try my luck
    I am looking into making wow movies myself a bit more aswell
    anyone got some resource sites to help out a bit
    using fraps atm and its fine it seems, jsut having a hard time with video editing program.

Especialy when it comes down to publishing them in nice quality and keeping the file at a somewhat normal size

any helpis preciated
    Never argue with an idiot....
    They will drag you down to there level and beat you with experiance!

Cider, what's the UI/bar mod you're using?

I'm still using the default one and i'm getting tired of it.

Holy tons of buttons batman!

Nice video Cider. First post here although been coming here awhile. 1 suggestion if I might. Incorporate intervene into the pull. For instance the pull where you charge, TC, and Shockwave I've been intervening back to a member of my party to get out quicker.

Another option if you have a group that if you charge you'll aggro a group near them is to bow pull them. Then you intervene back to a member in your party allowing the group to run towards you a bit. When they get to where you want them warbringer back in TC, and shockwave.

I'll see if I can get a UI post of my own going soon for those interested.
    Would be nice, especially for making the cooldowns pop up... I really need that for snb.
    I am the spearhead. I am relentless. I am the last line of defense. I am a Warrior.

Shockwave that early is a mistake. An AoE stun means you get no threat while DPS are unloading... Means you have to hold off AoE and give time to build aggro and thats stupid.

Shoot > Backup and charge > Shield Block > Tclap > Cleave cleave til SB is gone THEN Shockwave. You guys aren't even mentioning Shieldblocks AoE threat benefits... >_<

Quote Originally Posted by calr0x View Post
    Shockwave that early is a mistake. An AoE stun means you get no threat while DPS are unloading... Means you have to hold off AoE and give time to build aggro and thats stupid.

Shoot > Backup and charge > Shield Block > Tclap > Cleave cleave til SB is gone THEN Shockwave. You guys aren't even mentioning Shieldblocks AoE threat benefits... >_<
    The benefits of a damage shield with Shield block for 4 seconds are less than that of a Shockwave. Shockwave, wait until they're not stunned anymore, then hit SB. This will (usually) allow you to Shockwave again before the end of the pull and contribute more threat and damage overall.
    I. Am. Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwench View Post
    I disagree on the glyphs though.. i can't do without Glyph of Sunder Armor... Devastate now applies sunder to 2 mobs.
    Let's assume that you're not using Glyph of Sunder Armor for secondary target threat because you would be using Thunder Clap and Shockwave for that. The obvious question is, "How often is Devastate coming up in your rotation?"

With Revenge dealing out huge damage for next to no rage, giving you a free Heroic Strike, as well as possibly proccing Sword and Board, it's the next highest priority when Shield Slam is on cooldown. So your Devastate is really only going to reasonably fall in when Revenge and Shield Slam are both on cooldown. That alone is reason enough to look at something else, and that's why Wrath will bring Glyph of Devastate to the table to compensate for it.

Aside from that, it's a sketchy glyph that either only has a point-blank range, or just doesn't work properly. Heroic Strike seems to be there for a rage problem that doesn't really exist at the moment, at least for me. And that just leaves Cleaving or Rapid Charge for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by calr0x View Post

yea exactly what mero said, its not like shield block is active when you shockwave, you wait till the mobs arent stunned anymore. then go right into another TC as soon as its sup. if single target DPS isnt stupid aoe can start any time after the SW

btw cider awesome work, i to agree that i do not trust pug healers, ive ran with so many badly geared healers that im hitting wall and stand every pull simply because they do not have the spellpower on their gear to keep me alive. kinda puts a damper on my whole speedpulling experienece, but at least you sold me on glyph of charge, that and my lvl 100 inscriptor just learned minor glyph of charge O.o

+ Reply to Thread