+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Warrior Pulling Guide

I like to wait until I see folks dps or heal before I pop my shockwave so I can get as much out of Damage Shield as I can before I stun them. Also, for the last technique where you charge through a pack of mobs, if there are casters in the pack, I love popping spell reflect either before or after the TC. It usually reflects against all of the casters simultaneously which gives me a great head start on threat with the casters who may have been out of range of my TC.

Force dps

This is great clip cept for the jumping around. I've been tanking for nearly over a year and I discovered the charge + tc by accident last week sometime but i really couldn't see and effective way to use. After seeing that vid i feel like a massive idiot. Its just plain awesome.

Anyway I'm not gonna sit here and debate what glyphs people are using because really its each to his own. You mentioned in your movie that when u pug u have low confidence in ur healer; its actually, for zero confidence in the dps.

I love to aoe tank because personally i like to move fast thru instancesI prefer dps to use aoe because move of them are incapable of following a kill order. My first question really is my tanking alright or is every goddamn dps that play this game retarded? I'm leaning towards the later but just incase its me heres how my usual pull rotation works.

bloodrage
    battle shout
    Charge
    TC
    move mobs into position for shockwave maximum affect
    SW
    praying to jesus that yet another hunter isn't dropping aoe
    demo shout
    cleave
    TC
    sunder (using glyph of sunder)

Now my second question is there a way (besides using SB) to maximize my threat output or do i have to pull the heads in of my dps? or is there a way that i can force dps to drop their damage until i'm ready

Your right Dps now is incapable of common cognitive thought so you really have to make sure you round up everything. I use Charge, TC, back up then Shockwave too gather all the mob and not let the Dps pull one off, then spam devastate and with my glyph of sunder it pulls the mob in nicely. Just overall though unless you know the Dps expect nothing and pray lol

Like the video Ciderhelm Never considered charging the rear mob before to make the DPS play catch up. My fave part about the shockwave LoS is that will be fantastic in PuGs but I could see some 'Leet' people not liking that approach in favour of reckless speed.

Anyway a thought just occured to me for added mobility. I love my Glyph of Sunder Armor so I don't think I'll replace it for rapid charge ( surely the glyph helps a lot with group tanking no matter how good the TC+shockwave effect is). However, on me holy palla I use 'clique' a lot for heals which uses both clicking on the character and the portraits mainly for healing. BUT I could use this for intervene when somebody aggros my mobs. It always seemed complicated to use/remember you had it but this would make it trivial. Anyone tried that out?

Quote Originally Posted by Krashtork View Post
    Good guide. I'm sure it will benefit newer tanks, or tanks who are just beginning to explore 3.0 abilities, a great deal.

I hope to see more of these type of videos!
    What is even cooler than a mid charge T-clap is a Mid charge taunt.
    It's hella cool to hear your healer that decided to pre-load a HoT on you moan over vent then see the target that was going to eat him snap turn and come to chew on your face cause you taunted him whilst zooming past into the meat of a group of unfriendlies.

Cool video but that last pull, had some issues. You charged the rear mob, that's fine if they are all melee - there were two casters though and your healer would have pulled heal aggro and one of those two (surely you would have spell reflected one for a bit of threat in a heroic) would have been lighting your healer up. Sure, you have a taunt for the second mob, but until you can apply more threat, that's a solution of limited effectiveness if you can't continue to build aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Cool video but that last pull, had some issues. You charged the rear mob, that's fine if they are all melee - there were two casters though and your healer would have pulled heal aggro and one of those two (surely you would have spell reflected one for a bit of threat in a heroic) would have been lighting your healer up. Sure, you have a taunt for the second mob, but until you can apply more threat, that's a solution of limited effectiveness if you can't continue to build aggro.
    Heroic Throw, Taunt/Spell Reflect covers two mobs, not one. Also, moving mobs to a caster is not difficult.

Separate of that, I was not dividing the group up between casters and melee mobs. Sure, it would have been better to charge the caster, but then, it was level 60 Stratholme and I clicked Record before meticulously planning exactly which mobs perform what roles.

This is very awesome guide. I Play Hunter atm, but making a Warrior for future tanking. I had a druid before in TBC but now when Wrath comed up, i decided to make a warrior as Tanking instead of the Druid, plus i hate going healing or DPS if the guild require that.

Thanks Again!

Great site!

Had never used the keep group LOS, charge in, Tc, Shockwave, then while stunned run back. Great move

hi, great video and great help, what add-on do you have?

Shame on all who didn't know about TC mid charge! I found that using Glyph of Cleave and spamming that right off builds a nice amount of threat but leaves me rage starved (from my dps build), so i'm always starting with a charge for the extra rage.

I also use the glyph of Devistate and glyph of sunder so i can tab through and just put 2-4 sunders up on multiple mobs asap after a SW. I'm well geared however and I try to do all heroics in under 40 min. All the above helps so the group can AoE as much as possible.
    We're the kind of guild...where if we moved in next door, your lawn would die.

I really liked this video. It definitely helped me out a lot.
    Last edited by Razorex; 03-17-2009 at 07:22 AM.

Im new in tanking!! For my past char is both DPS (Mage/Shaman). Good thing I saw this site and this thread and the video. Thanks Tankspot. I just had one question. Is it good the both learn Protection talent and Fury Talent tree? I mean about 80% talent points for Prot and the rest to fury. Is it good in raid?

Umm... I can't view the video any thoughts?

tanking mod

what tanking mod are you using that tels you when your shockwave, revenge etc., is up? this will definitely help in keeping track of the cds

Pulls

Mixing LOS pulls and Charge pulls are easy to get down once you have learned the mechanics. Yet there is one pull in Heroic VH that I am going nuts over i want it clean. Everytank knows that pull. (three mobs run left 2 run right) I can almost get it as a clean pull. But with out a Hunter with misdrect i find myself still chasing after one group or the other. I'd like to see a vid showing a split pull to help me as it seems these are becoming a trend in WoW.

GLORY BE TO THE NAME OF PROT!

move not available

I kinda liked your videos on TS.com, though this video is unavailable.
    Any chance to get it from somewhere?

Thanks!

where's the vid

Yeah would love to see this but where can I find the vid?

Quote Originally Posted by OrlynSWK View Post

Mixing LOS pulls and Charge pulls are easy to get down once you have learned the mechanics. Yet there is one pull in Heroic VH that I am going nuts over i want it clean. Everytank knows that pull. (three mobs run left 2 run right) I can almost get it as a clean pull. But with out a Hunter with misdrect i find myself still chasing after one group or the other. I'd like to see a vid showing a split pull to help me as it seems these are becoming a trend in WoW.

Hi there. I know the pull you're talking about and I had to ask a mentor tank for advice. The trick is to wait at the bottom, use Heroic Throw and Taunt on each for the group of 2 and charge the group of 3. Hopefully your group knows not to pull aggro off the 2 coming at you. When they're close, Thunder Clap and Demo Shout and start AoE tanking.

Hope that helps!

video down?

+ Reply to Thread