+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior Pulling Guide

Unfortunately with the stun on opener you aren't generating as much rage. There's no way shockwave on open is better than sb and cleaving til sb is over.. You just won't have as much rage...

Quote Originally Posted by calr0x View Post
    There's no way shockwave on open is better than sb and cleaving til sb is over..
    Unless your dps pulls aggro from AOEing everything as a result. Then it clearly would have been the better choice. Bloodrage and Charge, then pop Berserker Rage when they come out of the stun.

Unfortunately with the stun on opener you aren't generating as much rage. There's no way shockwave on open is better than sb and cleaving til sb is over.. You just won't have as much rage...
    I'm sorry but this simply isn't true. Bloodrage + Charge is something like 25 rage by itself, and you get a great deal of rage from your first white hit or 2, given the increase in AP we've seen. The mobs are going to hit you at least a couple of times as you charge in and position them for a shockwave. I've been pulling this way and I never run out of rage.
    I. Am. Warrior.

Is it me or does every1 sound a bit whiney?????

but you are not stunning as an opener, you charge with bloodrage, thats a ton of rage right there, you get your white hits, you TC, so thats already a global of being hit before you shockwave, it takes a second or to to make sure everything is lined up right and will be hit with shockwave, you are looking at about 3 seconds into the pull before you shockwave, and when shockwave ends TC will be back up, TC as soon as the cooldown is over and shield block as soon as the stun is over, i dont even use zerker rage and i am never rage starved.

Also the Heroic throw , what is that all about, is it something we get when we hit 80, is it what we'll be using to start pulls,,,would like some1 who has used it to detail it?

Quote Originally Posted by etakerns View Post
    Also the Heroic throw , what is that all about, is it something we get when we hit 80, is it what we'll be using to start pulls,,,would like some1 who has used it to detail it?
    look at gag order also

yes it is a new ability we get in wrath for pulling, it hits for about 500 or so in tanking gear, this TG warrior crit a rat for 4K with it was kinda amusing in this naxx stream.

its basically so you do not have to carry ammo around anymore if you are not using a throwing weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Rude View Post
    One thing I don't really get about Heroic Throw is why it needs a 1 minute CD. Obviously it should have some form of CD so we don't start seeing warriors as ranged dps (although that would be both hilarious and awesome), but something like 20 seconds would make it available every pull without question, and I don't really see the downside. Perhaps it's a pvp concern? Any thoughts welcome...
    I. Am. Warrior.

Thanks Cider for the pulling vid! I have been a long time Pally tank and am just now trying out warrior tanking. I found this video extremely helpful in learning the different pulling options a warrior tank has at their disposal.

Looked pretty good, but you were starting to ramble a bit.... and the jumping drove me crazy.
    On a different note, @ people looking for a mod to let them know when something procs: I use power aura. I used to use it mostly for PVP, but w/ warbringer and SnB, it helps me manage my CD's a lil bit more effectively.
    If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If the healer dies, it's the tank's fault. If the dps dies, it's their own damn fault!

Quote Originally Posted by mero12513 View Post
    One thing I don't really get about Heroic Throw is why it needs a 1 minute CD.
    Because you'll start using it in the middle of fights as a caster interrupt with Gag Order - Spell - World of Warcraft .

Quote Originally Posted by Rude View Post
    Because you'll start using it in the middle of fights as a caster interrupt with Gag Order - Spell - World of Warcraft .
    Seems reasonable. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a glyph that lowers the CD by a little bit at least.
    I. Am. Warrior.

I would also like to know what your UI/Addons are, that text thing for your cooldowns looks cool as hell

I really can't see glyphing for charge when the synergy between Glyph of Revenge, Glyph of Heroic Strike, and the Incite talent is so OP right now.

I just wanted to drop in and say Cider, every time you pull like this, I hate you a little bit more.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius
    Holy tons of buttons batman!
    Cider has maybe half the buttons I do...

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Here's a version of Ciderhelm's video with stuff added. Not sure if I got the rotation right?
    Overlay.TV - http://service.twistage.com/videos/620955e1227f8/assets/307582/file.flv

Yikes. I was able to remove more buttons than I had to add in 3.0.

I'd hate to see your pre 3.0 interface >.<

I have 24 buttons with 1 of them as my mount macro lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Yikes. I was able to remove more buttons than I had to add in 3.0.

I'd hate to see your pre 3.0 interface >.<

I have 24 buttons with 1 of them as my mount macro lol.
    Ask and yee shall receive!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread