+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior Pulling Guide

Warrior Pulling Guide

[ame="http://files.filefront.com/TS+Pullingwmv/;12110202;/fileinfo.html"]TS_Pulling.wmv - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static2.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=817064@@AMEPARAM@@static2.filefront .com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=817064[/ame]

Correction: On the first pull, I say "my party's right back here" when I'm nearing Charge range. In practice, my party would normally be right at the LOS break, and I'm running behind them, then charging once the mobs are nearly in range of the party.

Good guide. I'm sure it will benefit newer tanks, or tanks who are just beginning to explore 3.0 abilities, a great deal.

I hope to see more of these type of videos!
    Tanks: We like it rough.

I consider myself a pretty awesome tank - but I didn't know you could TClap mid-charge... that's pretty awesome. I always thought that Charge/Intercept worked fundamentally like a teleport, and the speed-run to the target was graphical only. One of the main reasons I thought this was that in PvP or arenas where two warriors charge or intercept each other simultaneously, usually the screen lags for a second, and then you wind up at your destination (where the other warrior was a moment ago), stunned.

But - very cool, and it's always good to point out TClap before Shockwave. I've found myself so in love with Shockwave that I often forget to check to see if TClap is available before hitting SW. I just need to hear that powerful earth-rending sound and see the explosions... NOW, ya know?

Already doing this and I gotta say it absolutely awesome. Popping shield block right after the TC helps hastening the aoe threat building. I am just training my dps to wait for the 2nd TC before going all out on AoE.

Thanks for the video! Laying out these basics via video is so much clearer than written descriptions, particularly when trying to explain to party members how pulls are going to happen.
    Stay strong. Stay smart. All heart.

Thanks cider, especially about the charging the back mob and a 180 after. So logical I forgot. I will use that a lot.

very nice

I disagree on the glyphs though.. i can't do without Glyph of Sunder Armor... Devastate now applies sunder to 2 mobs. Revenge is a no brainer, but I couldn't see myseld trading our Sunder for Charge. Minor Glyph sure.

Great movie though

Holy crab. You jump around more than I do and I thought I jump a lot.

Good video.

WTB less jumping.

Nicely done otherwise.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Talking makes me jumpy.

Great video. I'm a new tank myself and I'm trying to learn different tricks. This was really helpful to me.

Nice little tutorial. I was actually thinking of making something like this earlier. "Pulling" is one of those things that separates the good from the bad.

Hadn't thought about using LoS after Shockwave. That's given me some new tricks to try, thanks.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

wow this has changed

aight dude thanks so much I stopped playing about 4 months ago and coming back and the tanking is a lot different now geez personally before the changes I never found any problems except dps being idiots and dpsing stuff that wasn't main target in aoe pulls but thanks so much ur tatics are sure to help me. sry long post

Curious, what mod are you using that's telling you when to revenge, when SB is up, SW, etc.? I generally don't use combat text mods, but that may be handy.

Great video.

Ditto on the less jumping.

Once again, great addition.

Any chance you could post the mods, macros, and gear setup you use. I really like your UI (clean with functionality), I've been looking for more macros to use, and I'm very curious to know your gear combination(you always log off in your epeen gear it seems).

Great Jumping
    :P

Thanks for your effort Cider. I value your info and as always some great stuff....but..

I nearly had an epileptic fit trying to watch this vid. The jumping around was too painful to watch. Please remember that people watching the vid do not have the same view as you do in game. It is grainly and lower resolution. Colour contrast is less and requires people to squint and try to make out the faint details, especially in this particularly dark instance.

Suggestions for your next:
    Stop infront of the pack you are about to pull. Hands of keyboard. Describe the pack. Describe the pull. Go over your actions. Then when ready. Execute and give your example. Perhaps even mark the pack to highlight who's melle, who's caster etc.

You may even want to type out your thoughts first. You might find a structure for your comments. Fit it into a logical framework. To be honest i think most of what i gained from this vid was done by infering the rest from your first couple comments as i couldnt bear to pay attention through the rest.

love the multimedia on the site.... I want to try the targeting that back mob and charge....
    i love warbringer for zipping around... I try and use it on every cd too with the casters... charge in silence and by the time the melee mobs catch you one of your aoe cooldowns is up....

+ Reply to Thread