+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 3.0.3 Sudden Death Nerf

Yeah, the loss of Imp Zerker and the increased usage of an ability with a positive threat modifier (Execute) makes our threat higher than other classes who put out the same exact DPS. [edited by Fame: assuming you ment DPS not TPS] Add to that a lack of a threat dump, and Vigilance should be given to an arms warrior over any other class (presuming the arms warrior is the same gear as all other options)
    Last edited by Fame; 10-24-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: corrected TPS to DPS.

Given the situation I'm sure Hand of Salvation - Spell - World of Warcraft and Intervene - Spell - World of Warcraft can be applied on us as well (one can hope), thus rendering threat a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fame View Post
    Given the situation I'm sure Hand of Salvation - Spell - World of Warcraft and Intervene - Spell - World of Warcraft can be applied on us as well (one can hope), thus rendering threat a non issue.
    Yeh, guess Arms warriors are probably in the worst position in terms of Aggro whore & lack of an aggro dump.

Went into Onyxia Lair with 6 others & a pretty decently geared warrior tank from my new guild. Even with vigilance, I started pulling Thr in P2 & ended having to hold back some for him to get aggro back... only to have me pull Thr again in P3 during afterwhich I just DPS tanked Ony.

Ended up doing 28% of the total Raid DPS, which just made me to myself at how much dmg arms kicks out now.
    Damage Meters are like Boobs, they both draw my attention away from my Threatmeter!!
    Chops of Shandris

I did Ony last night too...I pulled aggro at phase 1. I tanked him till she flew up. By the time she landed, she had 15% health left. I giggled.

Poor thing...didn't even know what hit her.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

-cough-

Warrior Talent Calculator

Sudden Death, up with the latest patch notes from latest beta build. So I was wrong, they did bring it down to 9% hit. Well this is going to change the way things go.

Tankspot Moderator

GAHHHHH, you sure? failsauce!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

no, I'm tonypablos. I don't know who this 'sure' you speak of is exactly.

But yeah, looks like they brought it down, then decided to toy with more nerfs, disliked that, then switched back to buffing Fury.

Tankspot Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fame View Post
    When was the last time a Warrior tank could intervene on a dps warrior? The range on intervene does not normally allow for it (8-25 yards). I think vigilance is better choice these if you're going to be a consistent 'threat.'

Keza
    "serious walnut- crunching ass power" from: Merry Christmas, Bob, By Chris Shugart

I've personally found myself threat-capping our guild arms warrior a few, although it was due more to my lack of attentiveness than his massive threat. What generally happens is this:

*Mero is lazy tank*
    Arms Warrior: "Need Salvation Plz!!!"
    Mero: "Fuck that! No he doesn't"
    *Mero pops recklessness and goes berserk on the boss*
    Arms Warrior: "Nvmkthxlol"
    I. Am. Warrior.

now I wish most people were more like you Mero but that doesn't always happen

Tankspot Moderator

+ Reply to Thread