+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Revenge Vs Heroic strike

Revenge Vs Heroic strike

Ok, having a discussion with someone about the new warrior talents.

If you had to choose between Incite (15% HS cleave and TC) or Improved Revenge (20% revenge boost)

Which would you choose.

Please reply with maths based replies

Depends on what part of the game is important to you. I'd think 3/3 Incite will benefit more tanks though. Right now in most single-target tanking scenarios you should be able to HS almost every swing (again, this depends on the rest of your spec, your gear and what exactly you are tanking), in which case 15% crit will easily surpass the benefit of Imp. Revenge from a damage standpoint alone.

On top of that, Glyph of Heroic Strike returns 10 rage on HS crits.

If you do any prot DW DPS, Incite is obviously beneficial while Imp Revenge isn't.

Lastly, the extra crit on Cleave and TC helps with AoE tanking.

Overall just a much more versatile talent.

Imp. Revenge is a very nice talent as well, arguably more beneficial than Incite for solo grinding, tanking 5-mans and for PvP. Personally I would try to squeeze both talents in pretty much any build, unless I needed to free up points for some very unusual combination of defensive talents for some "gimmick" encounter.

I don't have time to do math right now, but I think most of this should be pretty straightforward. Up to you to decide if it applies to your particular case.
    Last edited by Armstrong; 10-17-2008 at 04:26 PM.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Need more input - what are you focuing on?

PvP?
    Leveling?
    5 man instances?
    25 man instances?
    Topping the Healing Meters?
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

25 man content, t6 tank

Killed brutalus pre 3.0 and now were on felmyst

Imp Rev and Incite are mandatory in my opinion. Glyph of Revenge and Glyph of HS make these talents no brainers. Big revenge + big HS + rage gen = yes please.

I am able to "one shot" most mobs with a rev/free hs/ss (and maybe a couple of other hits ).

Imp. Rev is definitely NOT mandatory for no other reason than the stun.

Random stuns are not fun.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Revenge stun is awesome, mostly because it doesn't share diminishing returns timer with Shockwave and Concussion Blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Revenge stun is awesome, mostly because it doesn't share diminishing returns timer with Shockwave and Concussion Blow.
    I haven't tested this now, but pre 3.0 it did share returns with Charge Stun, Conc Blow stun etc...

Stuns aside - I think you would get more out of Incite than Improved Revenge.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    I haven't tested this now, but pre 3.0 it did share returns with Charge Stun, Conc Blow stun etc...
    I actually specced improved revenge back when heroics were hard, and it didn't share a DR with Conc Blow or Charge.

I have specced into both, and I really enjoy it. I have the glyph of revenge and glyph of heroic strike and I use them both all the time. Revenge is pretty cheap, and when if you ever run low on rage, you can hit revenge and get a free heroic strike. If that heroic strike crits, 10 rage for me.

+ Reply to Thread