Closed Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40

Thread: Death Knight AOE Spec, MT Spec and Rotations

Satori, is what I'm doing the correct approch in build my DK as a tank?

For AOE tanking as frost, I simply use DND, HB, and then finish with BB. Are there any weaknesses to that?

Based on what, Boanerges?

I haven't seen your talents. =)

And, because I like to nitpick, there is more than one way to do anything, and it is possible to do something different than the "best" (for whatever your aim is) that will still work well enough to be "correct."

And Dimness, from what little you shared, I see nothing wrong with it. Glyphed HB?
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

seems like alot of folks like to run a 1-disease rotation with glyph'd HB for aoe rotations. nothing wrong with that at all.

right now i run a 2-disease rotation personally, takes a little longer to set up but i've never had any problems with it:

on pull:

DnD - IT - PS - PE

then i lock into:

HB - BB - PE - OB

...with the hope that the OB procs a free HB. this rotation has served me well. sometimes i will lead with howling blast if i feel the snap is needed to get control of the mobs. all depends on the encounter. but often what will happen is that I will throw down DnD, deathgrip one of the mobs to me, and I will have both diseases on him before the rest of the mobs catch up, and then I hit Pestilence, and the threat from DnD and the diseases is usually enough to keep everything on me until I can throw an HB at them, at which point, more often than not, I've got a killing machine proc waiting to be used.

Aye, I've tended to favor a 1-disease rotation for aoe just for the simplicity and quickness. I don't think it's actually better, or necessary though.

I really like your frost hardmode spec. I am playing with a build that is very much alike. I made some small tweeks such as unbreakable armor instead of threat of thassarian and i put my extra points into abominations might for increased raid attack power by 10% plus a 2% strength boost. Hope you like!

The World of Warcraft Armory

I may start a new thread in this vein, since this has grown quite out of date, and Merko is nowhere to be seen.

New unholy spec

Hey guys, long time no post. Last I was here I was looking for a frost AoE spec, but I've come back with a solid Unholy AoE. I figured I would share the spec and rotation atm until I can do some real raid testing. Apart from Heroics, I've used it only twice in Ony as OT, once in 25m Uld on Thorim, and the results I have to admit are brilliant.

Can either check my guy linked to my tankspot acct. or follow the link below. (Glyph's are included for your benefit, I use these and they work wonders, but you can change them up a bit if you wish.)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...qhaY,YS3,10571

Now the rotation is very very simple, if timed right, always rolling.

1st Rot. DND > PS > IT > PEST
    2nd Rot. BB > DS > DND

Now after that second DND there, you roll into the PS > IT > PEST. and back to BB > DS, I've worked it out so that if you wait roughly 1-2 secs, anyone who knows the 2sr or 2 second rule knows its benefits, you can keep an upkeep of DnD and Diseases all the time.

What I've discovered so far, on average is around 4.2-4.5k TPS (Threat per sec) on the main target and a whopping 2.3-2.5k TPS on the Disease targets. Please note these numbers are estimates until I can further run some numbers.

With this spec that I have, you have some points for customization.

I have chosen SS and Desecratation as placement points, Desecration being more of a 2 point filler to reach the Rivendare.

For the 2 talent point "must-need" fillers, the most likely choices are:
    1. Desecration - Spell - World of Warcraft
    2. On a Pale Horse - Spell - World of Warcraft
    3. Unholy Command - Spell - World of Warcraft
    4. Improved Unholy Presence - Spell - World of Warcraft

Reasons for Fillers:
    1.If you require some assistance running into those groups of mobs. We all know mages and their love for AoE and sometimes they start too soon. So this little biddy will help give you more control over the situation.

2. No real raid use but some may prefer for world use, the convenience for dailies, mining, herbing (someone will laugh @ that), etc. Only really fight that fears is Ony, and lets face it, warriors tend to MT that part of the fight.

3. Are you an OT? Did someone single target a mob halfway to death and it's running away? If ever in one of these situations, you may need to taunt but not too often to warrant using this. In any case, useful for a bad moment if you need a 3rd distance taunt cause "Rising Legion Warlock" couldn't resist soulfire on an AoE pull...

4. 15% run speed, nuff said. Okay not really, many tanks run with Scroll of Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality - Item - World of Warcraft and the 8% increase isn't too appealing when you realize the space your fighting in really isn't that big to warrant you going faster. Some may find uses for Faction Champs, Anub, Ony.

Don't concern yourselves with the SS talent, that's better off elsewhere, and if you wish you could get a 3 point talent instead of the listed 2 points for a filler.

Anyway, first real big post , hope it helps. I will come back with numbers and more info on SS, I see a use, but it's unsure whether it will be beneficial for this spec as of yet .

Cheers! Any questions, PM me!

I currently use a MT blood spec for tanking which I use only when needed. Mostly I am dpsing but my guild does require me to help tank certain fights. ie. Thorim, Gen, HM Beasts etc.

I am currently using a 58/5/8 spec which works massively with single target threat.

My rotation for MT is: IT PS HS HS DS - HS HS HS PE DS - dump. RS spam during procs.
    My rotation for AOE is: DND IT PS PE - BB BB BB BB DS - dump. RS tabbing during procs.

Link here Granted I always debate changing points around from IMP Blood to Bladed Armor. However my TPS usually hovers in the 6-8K range and threat isn't much of an issue. If you have issues I would recommend Bladed Armor.

Frost I like but as is often pointed out the RNG is annoying. Watch for this wait to hit that. I have enough to worry about with Gormok hitting me for 40K during impales.

Unholy I haven't ran much but the rotation is again a pain keep up this and too much watching of the RP and keeping things running. Again too much to watch creates havoc with hard hitters.

Sort of a dumb question, I know...

When you have a blood spec like the one posted above, are you in Blood Presence or still using Frost?

As a tank, always use Frost Presence. The threat multiplier is one of the single biggest factors in threat for a tank. I've held threat without it (by accidentally not switching presences back), but it made me fight to keep a lead, I was frequently on the verge of losing it, and I normally had a fairly commanding lead. Now that wouldn't work at all, my dps have caught up again on the oscillation of tank threat vs dps output. =)

Also, I've reincarnated the thread to start fresh, you can find the new one here:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/5...cs-styles.html

The spec: "Unholy Single Target Threat" is missing 13 talents point. Only 58 are used out of 71 available.

Is it supposed to be like that, and you let everyone decide the last 13 points for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbs View Post
    The spec: "Unholy Single Target Threat" is missing 13 talents point. Only 58 are used out of 71 available.

Is it supposed to be like that, and you let everyone decide the last 13 points for themselves?
    This thread is 'outdated' ... go to this one instead.

^^ What he said, this thread has not been maintained for a good long time. Those 13 talent points missing are because of changes to the tree.

what is the best tank spec for the dk in raids and hc's

We could tell you but then we'd have to shoot you.

Or you can just go read the forums and decide by yourself.

i know you can tank in all the specs
    thats the problem
    i never tank before thats wy i ask what the best is
    the ppl i know the say all an other spec
    some says unholy is beter because you can tank allot of mobs
    the other says that blood is beter for bosses
    and frost for more protection
    it is driving me grazzy
    i cant dicide anymore what the best is

I'm going to request that this thread be closed so people stop bumping it. Historically interesting, but very little is currently relevant.

Hello

i have dk,warr,priest,lock (lv 80)...and i was wandering witch char should i play in new expansion( i like to play as tank but im sick of warr so i want some advice about dk tank builds) ofc this is a request only if u have time...Thank you for help

Closed Thread