+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon Enchant

Weapon Enchant

Post 3.0.2 what is the best Protection Warrior weapon enchant WITH some mitigation/avoidance - eg. Mongoose or Potency? Is Potency any good now considering its +shield block value?

not sure what specific numbers say, but potency is by far the best value of the 2 enchants. mongoose is probably better for avoidance but you never know when it will proc. I hate relying on procs, personally.

for Weapon Enchant i did think about it , Mangoose give us only Crit / Attack speed/ Armor so its for TPS mainly now , For Avoidance i was thinking about 20 Strengh enchant i think its the only Avoidance thing we get like 10 more block Value from it i think stackable with Kings blablabla
    So choices we got is : Mangoose . Excutieener both for TPS or Potency thing which is only Avoidence

Quote Originally Posted by cutilicious View Post
    So choices we got is : Mangoose . Excutieener both for TPS or Potency thing which is only Avoidence
    How is 20 str only avoidance? Thats AP and SBV, SBV has some avoidance mechanic in it but also enhances your shield slams and damaging shield, AP enhances your shockwave, devestate, revenge and white attacks.
    I think potency has more threat value to it then avoidance.

Im not saying its better then the current enchants, haven't ran the numbers on it.

I'm not going to make another thread, so I'll just ask here.
    At the moment, I have two weapons. One for avoidance and the other one for threat. Avoidance is enchanted with Mongoose and Executioner is on the threat weapon.
    My question is: Is Potency nowadays better than Executioner on threat weapon? 40 AP + 10 SBV can be pretty useful for threat, but armor penetration is also a nice stat to have. Which one would be better?

Aplogise for my reply before : Agility still Gives Dodge rating but seems not as much as before

Agility seems to give less dodge than before because of the diminishing returns on all avoidance stats. It's still the only weapon enchant that will do anything noteworthy to your avoidance, so it still belongs on your avoidance weapons.

Executioner is somewhat unique in the world as of right now because it actually ignores armor instead increasing armor penetration rating. The DPS warriors still prefer Executioner as their main-hand enchant, which leads me to believe that it's probably the better dps/threat increase for Protection as well. However, Potency is significantly cheaper, and is probably the better enchant for soloing/leveling as it will help with damage shield and TC/SW when fighting tons of mobs: which you should be doing when soloing/leveling.
    I. Am. Warrior.

+ Reply to Thread