Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Satrina Buff Frames

Satrina Buff Frames

Since I'm here more than on WoWInterface, I don't mind taking bug reports and feature requests here as well.

SBF 3.0 is in beta right now, since I got hammered by work pretty hard and didn't have enough time to get it complete before the patch. I'm hoping to get it to full release by the end of the week. Lots of new features and goodness!

Find it here: WoWInterface - Satrina Buff Frames 3.0

Some screenshots:
    http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw11458.jpg
    http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw11459.jpg
    http://evilempireguild.org/misc/SatUI_explained.jpg

i couldnt see any screenshots there.. is there a place where I can see how this looks ?

Yeah, satrina, I would be very happy to try it out, just want to see a nice pic first!

You can make it look like whatever you want =) I added a few sample screenshots, though.

i rly do like your buff frames, but the unitframes seems alittle, hmm how to put it, a little dull tbh =). im not complaining, just mearly saying i love the buff frames, and not hte unitframes =)
    Never Fear When Baronen Is Near

The unit frames were never going to be a publically released addon, actually. I am one of those apparently very rare people who get no useful information from a status bar that is used to show a quantity. On the other hand, I can observe a number in my peripheral vision and parse it without having to pay full attention to it. That led me to make a set of unit frames with no status bars in them to cater to my own quirks.

Someone saw them in a screen shot and asked for them, then another, and so I eventually put them up for download. Eventually I put the casting bar back on the target frame because people were asking, but I still use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Progress2.html in place of a casting bar. By my reckoning, for every 400 people who download, one will actually want to use them.

I don't worry at all about who doesn't use my unit frames, because they are definitely not for everyone. Definitely a "if you like em, here you go" sort of thing =)

Buff frames, on the other hand, is designed to cater to how you want your buffs to look. It's been becoming more and more popular since I released version 2.8 a few months ago.
    Last edited by Satrina; 10-15-2008 at 06:36 AM. Reason: what happened to URL tags?

i like that.. i am rebuilding my UI from scratch tonight and will give this a shot.

Hmm think something is off on the Options folder. Mod works fine. However when I try to resize and stuff (/sbf options) I don't get the menu box. The buff, debuff, and enchant placeholders are displayed along with the timers below though. But once you can't exit out and the placeholder icons stay no matter what and requires me to log out to reset them.

That means you have gotten an error, but don't have Lua error reporting turned on in the game.

Escape -> Interface -> Help -> Display Lua Errors

Are you using cyCircled?

No I am not. Let me start turning off some mods and see if I can find one that is conflicting.

Nope, turned them all off and SBF was the only thing running and still getting the error. I can post what I see of the lua string if you'd like. I am assuming btw I am the only one that is having a problem hehe. Also, I noticed SBF options is in red text at the add on menu.
    Last edited by Anna; 10-15-2008 at 02:54 PM.

If you're still getting the problem after you load beta 6, posting the error string would be great. Thanks!

Beta 6 is up:
    - The positioning window is hopefully now in a more obvious place
    - Positioning window also has labels now!
    - Profile stuff (new, use, copy, delete) now works
    - Fixed an error where you could sometimes only adjust positions of items in frame 1
    - Increased the maximum scale to 3.0x
    - The spells tab works normally again for setting up show in frame/always warn (though filter diagnosis is broken currently)
    - cyCircled support should be working now

Is it possible to have one buff showing in two different frames?
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

I fixed buff mirroring in beta 7, yep. It's currently by frame, so you'd use a filter or "show in frame" to move buffs to a different frame, say frame 3, then set frame 3 to mirror its buffs (on the layout tab) which would show them also in frame 1 (buffs) or frame 2 (debuffs).

I plan to allow people to set mirroring by individual buffs, probably for 3.1. Probably will allow mirroring to an arbitrary frame as well.

Ok it is not working for characters I previously had at 3.0.1. A brand new character with sbf running works fine. Must be a saved variable file somewhere is my only guess.

Well I just deleted my WTF folder to fix it. Only thing I can think of to do. Off to redo all my addons! weeee
    Last edited by Anna; 10-17-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Few things you can try there in future:

1) /sbf options and go to the Global tab, click the "Reset Frames" button

2) /sbf options and go to the Global tab, copy the profile from a character that doesn't have a problem and work from there

3) /sbf options and go to the Global tab, create a new profile then select it using the Using Profile dropdown (and delete the old one that was busted afterwards)

4) Log out of WoW then go into .../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/ACCOUNTNAME/SavedVariables and delete SatrinaBuffFrame.lua

Quite like it satrina. However the copy to frame two from frame one doesnt seem to work for me.

Otherwise no complaints.

I was just wondering if this will show S&B procs as a buff? It look pretty cool, either way, thanks for this Satrina.

After seeing your suggestion on the thread about SnB proc indicators I had to try it out. Best thing I have done in a long time, loving the mod. My only complaint is no button to click for options (that I have found). Any chance of a fubar connection or at least addition of a minimap button. (or instructions on how to find this button if it's already implemented and I'm just being [dense stone])

Closed Thread