+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 60, Advice on spec and gear

Level 60, Advice on spec and gear

Like the title, I just hit outlands last night. Only level 59 right now, but will be 60 by tonight. Since I get the free respec today, I would like to respec prot, since I will be tanking with my group of friends (all 70, but not geared) once I catch up. I play on instance grinding with them to level, but would like the ability to solo if need be. Looking for advice on decent gear for a level 60, and a good prot build for me. Thanks.

Armory Lite - The WoW Armory Alternative: Tortan of Illidan

Moved to armory Suggestions forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

level 60 gear is gonna be hard to come by, instead you should just instance what you can, pick up pieces of gear that give defense and stam, and instance everything you can, it'll be hard at first, especially if you're new to tanking but feel free to read the guides posted here to help you out. In the Gear List and Rankings forums, there's an excellent guide at gear you can get right when you hit 70 from quests, and crafting without relying on a lucky instance drop or raiding. Polar's Pre-Karazhan Gear Guide is what it should be labeled.

Good luck and happy leveling in Outlands!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

any advice for my prot talent build?

Attempting to DPS as protection without Devestate is impossible......

But its 3.0 so those days may be over.

I would honestly recommend dumping all your talents into protection, just because shockwave will be better than the little bits of damage you'd get from another tree. Then as you level throw those talents into another tree.

You also might want to just level fury and tank instances that way. It isn't the same, but its doable (I tanked everything on my way to 70 as fury). You could even do like a mix match build. Like 0/41/10 or something.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Maybe something like that. But don't take my advice too heavy. I have spent NO time playing a warrior with the new talents.

I can tell you that threat is easier, but doing instances with level 70s....its gonna be tough to keep aggro even if they are scrubs. (If its really bad you might wanna get vigilance or something.)

You might have to respec a few times to really figure out what works for you. I can tell you that my DPS in my fury build is way better than dual wielding as a protection specced warrior, but spamming devestate and having decent gear makes up for it. Doing dailies ins't bad at all. And if I didn't love fury as much as I love prot, I might have leveled to 80 as prot. But I'm just gonna respec every few levels and do the instances.

**Just looked over your gear. You will be really happy after you finish questing through Hellfire. You are gonna get a LOT of serious upgrades. Here's a tip though. Make sure you do both Hellfire Citadel instances and all 4 quests (get one to go to Ramparts and another one is an item that drops off the last boss, but lead to 2 more in BloodFurnace) and you should be able to hit Honored with Thrallmar. The axes you get as a faction reward are SEXY. Decent damage (especially at that level), easy to get, and +hit!!

Something that confuses me about your gear is how you got the Rune of the Guard Captain but didn't also get the Woven Ivy Necklace. Which is definitely an upgrade. Don't seat it though. You can get the one from: Source of the Corruption - Quest - World of Warcraft very soon.

And on a side note... You will notice a huge increase in your damage output as Fury after you get some gear from the Outlands. Once you get some hit, it makes a HUUUUGE difference.
    Last edited by NmEnforcer; 10-14-2008 at 01:28 PM.

Yeah I think I picked up that Rune of the guard captain in the AH a few levels ago. Thanks for the advice about talents, and yeah, i know my gear sucks
    I cant wait to get better stuff.

The Rune is from a quest in the Hinterlands. Specifically Jinth'Alor.
    Last edited by NmEnforcer; 10-14-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: spelling.

+ Reply to Thread