+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Paladinning On Patch Day

Sorry to bring this post up to 'front' but I'm really dis-agree with including the Glyph of Blessing of Kings in the minnor Glyphs for a tankadin.

I'm playing a tankadin and with the new patch and our new talent tree's is imposible to pick kings in a MT viable build. There are so many must-have talentos for a tankadin to pick that is iomposible to afford the current 5 points in kings.

I consider that nowadays kings is maybe a holydin exclusive buff.

Holy paladins are the least likely to pick up Kings.

And it's definitely not impossible to pick up Kings in an "MT viable" build.

Also, only one Paladin minor glyph is even worth the mats, so I wouldn't worry about them too hard.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Yeah, picking up BoK is not hard at all. You can get it in a MT build no problem. Now you may not be able to pick up other cool stuff like Divine Guardian or Improved HoJ, but at that point it comes a choice of utility. If you can guarantee that someone else will be bringing BoK to your raids everytime, then sure, skip it and get a different glyph while you are at it. Not everyone can guarantee that.

Lore's guide was for the general paladin, and the "general" paladin will need to pick up BoK. If specifically you don't need it, then there is 5 points for you right there to pick up cool things.

For example, I might be the only paladin in our 10 man runs, so I will have to have it for those situations. For 25 mans, I will probably be ok (though there have been plenty of times where I was our only paladin in a 25 man raid...it happens), but I will be doing both 10 and 25 mans, so I will want to be prepared.

My starter spec at 70 will be:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

The 1 point in improved devo is for moving up the tree.

Eventually, I will move to:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

With the last 2 points going where-ever I think they are needed.

A very viable MT spec that picks up all the necessary mitigation talents, BoK, and a lot of threat talents.

When dual spec'ing comes out, I think it might be worthwhile to look at a build that has BoK and one that doesn't (unless you want to use a pvp or healing build as your other), but for patch 3.0.2 that isn't available yet, so I only have one spec to work with.

okay i have a question i am currently using the merciless gladiator's gavel with +40 spell damage and my question is should i drop that and use kings defender or mallet of tides with mongoose on it?

At this stage in the game it probably doesn't matter a whole lot. Basically your tradeoffs are:

Gavel: Higher consecration and judgements
    Tank Weapon: Higher HotR

There is a nice thread about it at maintankadin, but only really addresses TPS from a 75+ perspective if I remember correctly (Shield of Righteousness is included in the calculation I think):
    Maintankadin :: View topic - (Build 9095) WotLK TPS Weapons Spreadsheet

If it was me, I would just play with the numbers.

1. Figure out the different HotR values you get from each weapon and divide by 6.
    2. Figure out the different Consecration values you get from each weapon
    3. Figure out the different Judgement values you get and divide by 9
    4. Figure out the different Seal values you get and divide by 3

Add 2,3, and 4 together and compare that to 1. This will tell you the rough threat difference (not exactly, but a rough comparison).

Then decide for yourself, if you don't really need the tanking stats right now, then go with whichever gives you the most threat. If you need the tanking stats, use the tanking weapon.

Once again disappointed in your tankspot posts. Although they are informative, still dont get the job done for threat in hardcore raiding.

As most fo you have known, threat wasnt an issue when Wrath came out, although with the DPS starting to push numbers in excess of 8k DPS on a boss, threat has once again, has become any tanks nightmare.

To give you an example, the best threat gen scenario I have found is MT'ing Malygos 6 mins. If you want to down him on 6 mins and dont have any hunters or rouges to continuously MD or Tricks to u, then u have to look at a high threat composition with burst threat options to it.

As a result, you need to start mixing around your rotation and as a result you must also throw away the old meathod of 69696...

Glyphing and rotations are key to this.

Glyphs:
    1) Seal of Rightousness Glyph...
    2) Concecration
    3) Judgement.

Rotation:
    1) Seal of VEngence
    2) WINGS
    2) Avengers Shield (the pull)
    3)Seal of Vengence (till stacks r up)
    4-6) follow std rotation (6969)
    7) switch to Seal of Rightousness.

Threat is about 300 TPS higher than 69696 and with the potential changes that are being put out post 3.1.... the 696969 will disappear.

wait, you resurrected a 6month old post, to first insult the original poster, then post yours with nothing more than hearsay?

Good try.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Threat is about 300 TPS higher than 69696 and with the potential changes that are being put out post 3.1.... the 696969 will disappear.
    forgive me if I am wrong, but If I am understanding the paladin changes correctly, the only thing possibly changing in the rotation is the inclusion of exorcism on all bosses. You will, however, still have free global cooldowns to weave seals as you see fit, I do not see the end of the 9696 rotation.

There are no "free" GCDs when doing 969 properly. If you're using exorcism, holy wrath, averger's shield, seal twisting, etc. (anything not in the standard 969) you are substituting for one of the five 969 abilities, and are losing threat overall.

If you have "free" time in a 969 rotation to throw in extra abilites, you're doing it wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZyOoMKtREI]YouTube - Protection Paladin TPS / DPS Attack Rotation[/ame]

Just wondering maybe a knob question but is there anywhere i can get the lastest info as of 3.1 Usually a holy pally but now after a few guildys have left I'm now in the other hot seat of being the tank :-S Atm I'm tanking Naxx 10, but just wondering if there is somewhere with info in case i have missed anything or buggered something up. Please and thankyou :-)

My stats with devo aura only are as follows

Hp - 25567
    Armor - 25567
    Def - 550
    Dodge - 20.41%
    Parry - 17.63%
    Block - 14.90%

I have been told by some other pallys that my def only needs to be 540 and i do realise my parry and block need to go up but just want to know what i should be aiming for for an overall tank, any help is much appreciated being thrown in the deep is fun and all but not if it's going to cause problems in raids.

I think it's worth mentioning and granted I know that this was posted before these glyphs were added to the game, however I felt that it would be beneficial to link them as they seem, at least to me, to be good tools for prot pallies.

Glyph of Divine Plea
    Glyph of Seal of Vengence
    Glyph of Hammer of Righteousness

The second two I think are more my personal preference than anything else but honestly I think every prot paladin should have the Divine Plea glyph. When used in conjunction with Guarded by the Light(Rank 2) it provides a solid 3% damage reduction.

Yes, in case anyone was wondering, this should definitely not be viewed as current information. This is several months old and was created for the release of the 3.0 patch.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Wharz update plz HALp

I'm finally getting around to leveling my paly (just ding'd 67) and looking for advice. I want to tank, but not sure which stats are most important after all the changes since WLK release.

Quick Question im not sure im in the correct forum so i apologize>
    Ret Paladins
    What Seal is the Best for DPS and What rotation should i be using
    ATM I use SoC with Wiz J, Concencrate, CS, DS, then Exo and rotate through again i usually do around 3.5k dps in heroic 5 man dungeons i was told for my Gear score i should be doin allot more , (GS= 4315) toons Name is Ihatepaladin.please help me im lost

+ Reply to Thread