+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thunder O' Fury

ya hitting up bwl for the ore should be pretty easy. im sure alot of people will be going back there soon for acheivements

If you can catch worldie on tankspot you might ask him, he has been doing it for a good bit.

I never realized how much people still want this sword. I have one even though I don't use it much. It took me about 7 months to get both pieces back in 2006. I still remember the guild effort it took to get the elementium and arcanite. It was prob one of my most memorable moments in wow. I know I am being old school but guild efforts like that just don't occur these days. Good luck to everyone trying to get one it is still the best looking sword in the game.

Yeah I am getting the feeling that the 10x Eternium Bars will be the hard part.... who'd a thought it.

any info on wether or not soloing geddon is possible at 80? i was thinking maybe some weird prot-BT fury build to get some modium of self healing, along with enraged regen. i didnt try it on the beta, didnt think my t6 would be good enough for the task.

Yeah I am curious how Thunderfury farming will be for level 80. Since that is probably when I will start doing it, since WoTLK is 3 weeks away.

I've been running Garr solo for awhile now each week trying to get my finally binding. I heard about the patch that would make people unlearn smelting elementium, so I manage to track down someone to smelt them a couple weeks ago.
    Now though, my only concern is how DR on avoidance is going to effect my solo effort. Guess it will just take some playing around with gear to get the right amount of avoidance, at least getting enough SBV to contend with the damage being blocked will be way easier. At least I hope anyways.
    We hit people with sticks and/or sharp objects in varying degrees of severity. Some of us are smart enough to get behind shields.

I need the binding off Baron Geddon - we ran MC 3-4 man and I couldnt really sneak past many of the mobs (started with the right side wall/lava jump). Is barod Geddon Soloable in Lvl 70 FR gear?

Geddon isn't soloable at 70, and questionable if he will be at 80 (by a warrior, anyway).

I may try it just to see if it's possible, in a max FR/stam set with a fury/something build, utilizing bloodthirst+enraged regeneration/timer chaining to barely eek by. May be impossible, especially because of the Bomb which would be chaincast on you and is insane damage. So actually, I doubt it.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

If you've managed getting TF (or be the lucky one crushing dragons with it in preBC) for how long is it usable?

Are there any informations if TF will be still a good weapon for tanking in the future?

Well i have had my TF for about 2.5 years or so.. tanked BWL, aq 40 and naxx with it, i didn't upgrade the sword till SSC. Never seen a kings defender or suneater.. but i would think those two would out threat a TF. As for the future.. unless they upgrade it with a quest... which they have said many times they are not.. then it will sadly sit in my bags.. its still the coolest damn looking tanking sword in the game.. and i still use it in heroics for coolness factor :P

I could use a TF forever, especially the way tank scaling works now. The threat difference between TF and another weapon will never be large enough to cause you to need to swap.

However, there are certainly much better mitigation weapons now. When I truly need mitigation, I won't use TF. Otherwise, I will always use it. Orange sword. Sexy. Years and years and years of waiting. Damnit, I'm using it.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by nobel View Post
    Well i have had my TF for about 2.5 years or so.. tanked BWL, aq 40 and naxx with it, i didn't upgrade the sword till SSC. Never seen a kings defender or suneater.. but i would think those two would out threat a TF.
    KD I understand, but Suneater has no threat stats on it...
    I. Am. Warrior.

On a separate note:

What's the best way to get to Gedon? I take about 3 people with me whenever it resets just to make Garr trivial, but we've never done Gedon because we don't know the best way to get to him. Any advice?
    I. Am. Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Hunters will want to go tame Corehounds so there's you some DPS. Find some healers and GtG.

Yeah, don't forget the mats....they are brutal and nearly as available these days. If you don't have the Elementium, try some of the guilds on your server....they may have some stashed in thier guild bank.
    well if you are in dire need for it, i remember a site that sells the mats for like 15$

i think it was called guild-bank.com

Quote Originally Posted by mero12513 View Post
    KD I understand, but Suneater has no threat stats on it...

The DPS is a threat stat. I realize the green numbers are stam, defense and dodge but you need to look at the nitty gritty, sometimes the actual damage per second of a tanking weapon goes overlooked as opposed to, say a Fury mainhand or a rogue mainhand; but it's just as important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by mero12513 View Post
    On a separate note:

What's the best way to get to Gedon? I take about 3 people with me whenever it resets just to make Garr trivial, but we've never done Gedon because we don't know the best way to get to him. Any advice?
    Just down the hallway from Garr's room there's a dog and surger patrol, kill those two and wait just at the end of the hallway. You will see Barron path through the room ever so often. You'll see a pack of 4 mobs to your right, one behind that and another to the left of the one in the back. Geddon will path between those two back ones. When he's between those two back packs is your best bet for pulling him but I will warn you now it will take some trial and error depending on the method you use to pull him. I figured out the timing for pulling with my Decapitator but if you have someone with an instant cast ability (moonfire, icelance, etc) it would make it a lot easier to tag him. He is tauntable.
    Anyways, I tank him right at the end of that hallway, kind of wedged in the V shape corner.
    Good luck
    We hit people with sticks and/or sharp objects in varying degrees of severity. Some of us are smart enough to get behind shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadis View Post
    Just down the hallway from Garr's room there's a dog and surger patrol, kill those two and wait just at the end of the hallway. You will see Barron path through the room ever so often. You'll see a pack of 4 mobs to your right, one behind that and another to the left of the one in the back. Geddon will path between those two back ones. When he's between those two back packs is your best bet for pulling him but I will warn you now it will take some trial and error depending on the method you use to pull him. I figured out the timing for pulling with my Decapitator but if you have someone with an instant cast ability (moonfire, icelance, etc) it would make it a lot easier to tag him. He is tauntable.
    Anyways, I tank him right at the end of that hallway, kind of wedged in the V shape corner.
    Good luck
    Thanks much! On my way there tonight.
    I. Am. Warrior.

Does anyone have a video link of people 2-3 Maning Baron?

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflehowse View Post
    Does anyone have a video link of people 2-3 Maning Baron?
    We 5-manned him 2 nights ago.....it's a very simple fight. The living bomb is very similar to Astromancer...just get away from the group. The fire waves are easily tankable with a decent healer around.
    I. Am. Warrior.

+ Reply to Thread