+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thunder O' Fury

yeah I know the fight I guess I am more curious about where people are fighting him at and what classes you brought. I was going to go in and do garr tonight with a druid and hunter. But not sure that makeup will work againts baron, since you need to be able to dispell the mana drain.

I know I am necroing, but anyone at 80 try this yet?

I think I may try this. Even if some hits get through on Garr, maybe spacing out the use of shield wall and enraged regeneration will be enough to mitigate it...but who knows.

Tried this late last night...Didn't really last longer than 1.5 minutes or so, but my avoidance is very low and I also dont have figurine of the colossus.

best of luck to you tryin to get the TF....it took me 3 years to finally get garr to drop his binding for me =( but definately worth it....best set so far is standing around in 9/9 dreadnaught with face of death and a TF...i get so many gawkers in dalaran

I solo'd Garr in T7ish gear last night, quite a way from uncrushable, and using the Figurine and Valor Medal, Last Stand+Enraged Regen and Shield Wall. Finished with half health in about 8 minutes.

I really want to try Geddon, but I'm going to need a healer, and another dps would be nice too..

Been after the binding from Geddon for over 2 years now, but cant solo the bugger, even at 80 in my naxx gear Need my brothers holy pala to help me on Geddon, but with him Geddon dies in 6-7 mins or so.

Garr on the other side is a push-over, i even killed him pre 3.0 solo (stacked sbv and block) just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Been after the binding from Geddon for over 2 years now, but cant solo the bugger, even at 80 in my naxx gear Need my brothers holy pala to help me on Geddon, but with him Geddon dies in 6-7 mins or so.

Garr on the other side is a push-over, i even killed him pre 3.0 solo (stacked sbv and block) just for the fun of it.
    At 80 how much trash do you have to kill to get to geddon and gar?

Quote Originally Posted by loquatious View Post
    At 80 how much trash do you have to kill to get to geddon and gar?
    If you use invis pots, only one mob to get to garr.

I couldn't avoid a single corehound when I 2 manned it with shammy(course, we didn't try to avoid em, but the agro range is abnormally big for a 62 mob), just need garr bindings but they wont drop.

You can get to Garr/Geddon without aggroing a single trash mob if you're careful. Inevitably I aggro a couple, but they are easy to kill.

I got Geddon down yesterday with a resto druid. We wiped a few times (pulled with adds, healer oom, few problems) but we did well on the last one. I fought him in the hall, but fall dmg is still significant. Run out of inferno. Druid would go into cat form to dps occassionaly, can't think what the talent is that restores mana but it's pretty OP. Didn't have any oom problems at all that time. It's a long fight with a fair bit of damage, but not too bad. We duo'd Garr in a couple of minutes it was cake.

Spent a bit of time on Lethon (world boss). Had him at half health but got a bit sloppy and we both got sleeped and wiped. >< Quite a boring fight that one, a DPS class would be nice.

I'm going to work on a Fire Res. suit now so I can try Ony.

Kinda necroing this thread but I have relevant information!

Since some guilde of mine somehow convinced me to duo Zul'Gurub with him, I somehow decieded to try to solo garr even without being passively blockcaped on my paladin. Went quite smoth standart prot spec, just under 9 mins, BoSanc+adds really helped.

Then someone wrote in guild chat that I couldn't solo Geddon , well I did, but I had to respec holy, got a Flask of Cromatic Wonders and some Inferno Temperd Leggins(slapped +20fireres on them, don't ask why I had 3 of these in my bank ) and used fireresistance aura, which got me to 240 fire resist.

I had to kill the one core hound in the "tunnel" after garr's room. That's where I fought geddon, I could almost complety avoid falldmg and just healed throu everything else, the fight would be realy easy but since I was to slow with damage the core hound respawned and it got a little hectic, but I still was able to pull it off(using bubble to get throu armageddon).
    Killing Geddon and the Core Hound add took exactly 20min.

To bad no bindings droped, maybe next week :X

Been working on this for some time and finally manged to get the left binding off Baron Last night.

I solo Garr and have a druid friend come in to help with Baron.

In case you need any help with Garr, just stack block value and use your CD's appropriately and you'll eventually figure it out. But i discovered that if your back is not AGAINST the wall during teh fight you will be taking hits that will wear you down.
    Last edited by Nrred; 01-08-2009 at 08:23 AM.
    Redbrox; Uldaman's Premier Heroic tank!

I was sitting in Dalaran when this happened. I've had my mats sitting in my bank for months now waiting for at least one of the bindings to drop.

Lightp, a paladin in my guild, managed to solo Garr and Geddon, and hilariously came out of MC with both bindings. We decided to go to BWL to get him some ore and managed to 5 man the entire instance. I got the drop to smelt the elementium, so now I at least have my ore smelted and ready to go.

Long story short, Lightp gets bindings, I die a little on the inside.

EDIT: I did hear a slight rumor that maybe the drop rate of the bindings when they added Death Knights to the classes?

What kind of a healer do I need for this? Does my brothers 70 Prot-specced pally in "heal"-gear do the job or should I get someone with solid spec and gear.

Yeah I want to finally try this with my warrior. His SBV isnt the best but he is def capp'd and with an 80 holy pally I hope we can two man them easily.

Ok so i went into MC for the first time since the Xpac came out. The last time I went in their with shitty gear and with a shitty geared holy pally and we struggled to kill the double giant pull at the begining. (I know you dont have to pull that) We jsut wanted to see how hard things hit. Well now at level 80 and in hte best pre-25man gear I was able to solo the double giant pull with 50% health left, so with a healer binding farming is going to be so much easier at 80.

An appropriately geared warrior can solo Garr and Geddon both now, so with enough determination (re: Luck), you'll have it.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Ok well on my second week of farming for Bindings Garr was nice enough to drop his binding for me today. Cant complain at all on that rate. Now heres hoping Baron will be as nice. All ready have all my elementium bars ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    An appropriately geared warrior can solo Garr and Geddon both now, so with enough determination (re: Luck), you'll have it.
    Is this still assuming the Bloodthirst spec you mentioned earlier? I tried it in my normal 15/5/51 spec with around 300 FR (with other pieces being ilvl 213ish) and only managed 40% or so. I was in the tunnel, up on the ledge at Garr's end, running back and forth to stay out of the inferno. So the falling damage was nil - it was just the gradual attrition of fire damage that got me. So I'm wondering if the healing from Bloodthirst would be enough to offset this.

The changes to resistance make it much more predictable, but also harder or impossible to get the full 100% resists like we used to see.

+ Reply to Thread