+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder O' Fury

Thunder O' Fury

So back in the day pre-BC I played a Tauren Warrior as a main tank. I spent 9 months in MC trying to get my thunderfury and in those nine months I got nothing except full might, which at the time rocked.

But since then I played a priest to 70 and was holy up through MH/BT, but now I am switching back to a prot warrior and have leveled a draeni warrior up to 63 and should be 70 before expac.

My question is who here has farmed for thunderfury as a level 70? Hoping to get some advice on how you went about doing it for speed purposes. I am sure there are ways to get in and out pretty fast just fighting the two bosses you need. What was your group make-up? What MUST you have to make it work with five people? If it is possible with five people.

Thanks in advance guys!

A. Draeneis are annoying and ugly. Stick with the moomoo.

B. Do a search. There was a good thread about it a few months ago.

Although, with 3.0 coming out the soloability is probably going to be broke(maybe not, haven't checked)

Draenei women are about 10x cooler than Tauren men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Draenei women are about 10x cooler than Tauren men.
    If you manage to ignore the icky alliance factor, maybe... maybe...

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimoos View Post
    If you manage to ignore the icky alliance factor, maybe... maybe...

:P
    just no
    www.soundcloud.com/auralise

What do you mean by the soloability of it being broken?

Since Avoidance will start having diminishing returns, it'll be more difficult to be passively uncrushable. My set is going from ~104.5% uncrushability to ~98% =/. I doubt I could solo Garr with that, but who knows?

Beyond that, you have to kill Baron Geddon for the other half of Thunderfury, and it's a pain in the ass if not impossible to do alone. I couldn't figure out how to single pull him, and those lava packs will annihilate a level 70.

Oh i wasnt even thinking about going solo. I would take my friends. Druid, hunter, mage + my warrior.

Yeah Geddon still hasn't dropped my binding either.
    All I do is try to organise a full clear over the weekend when raid guilds typically take a break for RL; if that doesn't happen I take some (5-10) guildies on Monday night and kill Geddon in 20 mins, slap on another 5 for Garr. Obviously the more there are the easier it is.
    Many servers have old-school raid PuGs pre-organised (I imagine this will be on the increase again with achievements for kills not being retro-active unless you completed a quest or still have the loot).
    There are no men like me, there is only me.

do you have your elementium?

Quote Originally Posted by Kininye View Post
    Since Avoidance will start having diminishing returns, it'll be more difficult to be passively uncrushable. My set is going from ~104.5% uncrushability to ~98% =/. I doubt I could solo Garr with that, but who knows?
    Bosses won't be able to crush any more, either. A mob will have to be 4 levels higher than you to crush now.

Quote Originally Posted by tobarstep View Post
    Bosses won't be able to crush any more, either. A mob will have to be 4 levels higher than you to crush now.

i think he meant block or avoid every attack since every block would have been a full block as weak as garr hits.

or i could be totally wrong

Quote Originally Posted by darksend View Post
    i think he meant block or avoid every attack since every block would have been a full block as weak as garr hits.

or i could be totally wrong
    Yeah the reason for passive uncrush in mc was so that you could get never get hurt, as you would never take a unblocked hit, and with enough bv that blocked hit would be negligible enough to allow you to whittle away at his 300k+ hp with 300 loldps.

Exactly. Hopefully the term will get adjusted from Passive Uncrushable to Passive *******. Up to a certain point in damage per hit (SBV) you won't get hurt at all. It really hasn't changed the mechanics of the gear, but the term seems a little off now.

Hunters will want to go tame Corehounds so there's you some DPS. Find some healers and GtG.

Yeah, don't forget the mats....they are brutal and nearly as available these days. If you don't have the Elementium, try some of the guilds on your server....they may have some stashed in thier guild bank.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Yeah i was all ready working on arcanite bars but totally forgot about the eternium part. Thanks for that heads up.

I 3-5 manned Geddon every week for about a year to get my other binding (I soloed the Garr binding). It's fine to do, and you can single pull Geddon (but kill the first lava pack on the right) without problems, with some practice and a Decapitator. (Or have someone else pull)

I now will be wearing my long, long awaited (3+ years) thunderfury to tank everything until I'm forced to use something better for actual hard content. (Which... probably wont be till the Ulduar patch!)

Good luck.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

You solo'd Garr? How did you get to him without clearing stuff? When I went in there on my priest and my brothers warrior the front two giants coming running at you when you get close. They seemed to have a large agro radius.

Soloing garr was possible ages ago, I was actually the originator of it, posted about it, and it spread like wildfire. (Who would have guessed, soloing your way to part of a legendary invokes interest?!)

The short story is you jump in lava and evade some mobs and run around to skip trash, and then invis potion 2x to get in the final position.

The long story can be google searched.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Maintankadin :: View topic - How to Solo Garr: A Guide for Warrior and Paladin Tanks

It takes some practice and patience, but it's doable. I've gotten down to Garr killing only two mobs on both my druid and my warrior.

I don't remember when, but sometime this year a patch made people forget how to smelt elementium. You may not just have trouble finding the ore, but someone who can smelt it, too. Hit up BWL for it and maybe an Achievement .

+ Reply to Thread