Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: WOTLK Feral Druid Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Dimness View Post
    Noob question:
    I see a lot of tanking specs without Improved Mark of the Wild. Is that because you should remove the two points and dump them somewhere else for raiding?

I've done the easy cheesy raids like 10 and 25 man vault. And so far, I've come across very few druids.
    No feral GROUP build should have this talent. Leave improved marking for healers or boomkins, that's the reason you see no ferals with it. If the raid doesn't have one, oh well. There are a few fights that are dps races, such as Archavon or Patchwerk, where having an IMotW might actually make the difference between a kill and a wipe for an undergeared group, but it'll never be worth the sacrifice it will cost you in other talents.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

My new spec of choice once dual spec comes out

i currently have Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

2 in feral instinct moved to KOTJ and the third to shredding attacks because i still DPS quite a bit

I've been gearing up my feral set through 5,10, and 25 man groups by healing in preparation for dual spec. Right now unbuffed, unferal, and unbear form I'm sittin at 24k unbuffed and 25% dodge. In my yellow sockets in my t7 I am putting def/stam gems or hit/stam gems. I am aware of the fact that defense is worthless, but it does add a little bit of dodge and I get the socket bonus, which is stamina. tbh I have no idea what I should be putting in any of my sockets. In my blue sockets I put straight stam and in red I put dodge/stam.

So what I'm asking is:
    What should I put in those yellow sockets?
    When should I stop stacking stamina and get more dodge/expertise?

Because currently I'm in my resto set and spec I didn't post my armory. If someone wants, I will list my gear if it will help them answer my question.

Edit: My current spec for feral is Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    Last edited by Pwnsammich; 02-17-2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to post spec

You should be stacking agility in every possible slot, a random def/stam gem or whatever to make your meta work or for a slot bonus is fine. Between all the stam on gear plus the "forced" stam enchants on legs and wrists, you will have all the health you need to tank any fight save Sarth 3D. Stacking stam to infinity gimps your threat, damage, armor and avoidance for no reason other than e-peen stroking.

You only need 30k health fully buffed to tank 25 man Naxx, and with Naxx gear you'll be beyond that unbuffed easily.

Your spec looks fine; you have all the basics and after that it's just preference and playstyle. Remember that bear specs are flexible and are easily customized to your raid and your role. For example if you have a DK or a good warrior IW is a waste because it gets overwritten by Thunderclap and Icy Touch, otherwise it's mandatory. Same with Feral Agression, it gets overwritten by warrior shouts. If you glyph Mangle, the Imp Mangle talent is a waste of points for tanking. Master Shapeshifter is far better for cats than for bears, for tanking Feral Aggression would be a better use of the points.

If you are OT and will be expected to go kitty a lot you would need a hybrid spec, which is quite different to what you posted. Let us know the role you expect to play and we can give you better information.
    Last edited by Oiysters; 02-19-2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: added spec info

Quote Originally Posted by lucero View Post
    No feral GROUP build should have this talent. Leave improved marking for healers or boomkins, that's the reason you see no ferals with it. If the raid doesn't have one, oh well. There are a few fights that are dps races, such as Archavon or Patchwerk, where having an IMotW might actually make the difference between a kill and a wipe for an undergeared group, but it'll never be worth the sacrifice it will cost you in other talents.
    Disagree. I MT 10 mans where I am frequently the only druid. I spec into Imp MotW for those fights and sacrifice nothing for it. I respec for each raid based on makeup though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiysters View Post
    If you glyph Mangle, the Imp Mangle talent is a waste of points for tanking. Master Shapeshifter is far better for cats than for bears, for tanking Feral Aggression would be a better use of the points.

This is very wrong

Imp mangle has nothing do to with keeping up the debuff, imp mangle is about mangling every 3rd global instead of every 4th

also, master shapeshifter is an amazing bear talent, and because of the removal of crushing blows imp demo shout has no were near the importance it had in BC. Also, i could be wrong, but in BC imp demo gave enough reduction to reduce a bosses AP to 0 even with reck on the target, now that is now longer possible even fully talented

Okay when I respec feral I'll change out my stam gems for agil., thanks for that piece of info.
    As feral, my brother and I will be carrying my guild's alts through 5 man heroics. I will also OT 10 Naxx for them and for pugs. I would like to MT reg and H vaults and I would like to do no drakes up OS. I plan on just healing for H naxx and ulduar until I get some better feral gear. My main goal is to tank and not to dps. I realize that ferals have to go cat dps for some fights when they're not needed, but I plan on using my build straight for tanking.
    How much dodge should I have before I start stacking expertise if ever?
    Last edited by Pwnsammich; 02-19-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: More info

Thank you for putting this together. I have been a casual player from the beginning but am now starting to gear towards raiding and enjoying the rest of the content Blizzard as put together.

In the last couple of raids/heroics i have done with pugs I have had multiple players ask why I am wearing DPS gear instead of tank gear and question my talent selection.

Gear
    Talent Build

If any druid tanks would not mind looking at my current build/talent selection and comment on what I can do to improve it i would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

yeah some of the other builds I have seen I don't see why not putting into IMoTW over things like 5/5 in Furor which honestly in bear is not needed as most do not change in and out to get 10 rage when Enrage and one hit will give it back. I run 2 in IMoTW and 3 in Furor just to get up to Naturalist.

I also like the Master Shapeshifter for more damage and crit as I had not used it till I saw this thread. And the small amounts I use shred/lacerate those 2 points can make up for IMoTW as well. Also I bypasse Omen since in most raids having just one attack cancel rage or energy to me is not worth the skill point. Now for DPS it might be worth it, but taking I feel it is a waste.

Improved Mark of the Wild: Now also increases all of your total attributes by 1/2%.

IMP MARK IS NOW A MANDATORY TALENT FOR ALL FERAL DRUIDS

*Will be! :>

The critting rake/rip looks nice too, wonder how many points it'll cost and where it is in the tree.

the new talent trees are up on MMO

I think I love you.

I was thinking of dropping a couple points of Furor to pick up the new Imp MoTW. Particularly for cat. The bleed crit is a little tougher to find a point for. Maybe from Imp LoTP?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9614

tank

cat

Just as a note: I will not be updating the main post UNTIL THE PTR IS FINISHED AND ALL THE CHANGES ARE FINALIZED

Looks about right to me. For tanking, I'd add a build that swaps NS/MS for IW (throw the remaining two in FA?).

For kitty, I'd probably take the points out of FA and put them into IS and/or NI. I'm guessing the changes to savage roar are going to make ferocious bite even less attractive as a finisher, so it probably won't see much use. Never hurts to have a couple of more defensive talents. Dead kitties do no dps!

Quote Originally Posted by Finkleroy View Post
    Looks about right to me. For tanking, I'd add a build that swaps NS/MS for IW (throw the remaining two in FA?).

For kitty, I'd probably take the points out of FA and put them into IS and/or NI. I'm guessing the changes to savage roar are going to make ferocious bite even less attractive as a finisher, so it probably won't see much use. Never hurts to have a couple of more defensive talents. Dead kitties do no dps!
    by is i assume you mean SI

those 2 points are defiantly fillers, and NI is not a bad idea for cat actually

i have also decided that any guild that gets both MSS and IW is severally gimping yourself (see http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9614 )

this build has 2 free points, if you want take 1 out of KOTJ or IW but i always run with a frost DK so i save myself the points
    Last edited by Darksend; 02-25-2009 at 03:28 PM.

I did mean SI, sorry. It's pretty marginal as kitty even for a one pointer, but not altogether useless in a Vortex-like situation.

On the last build you linked maybe you could take 1 point out of Imp LotP or Primal Fury to finish off IW. It would be painful, but Primal Fury is not quite as important to bears.
    Last edited by Finkleroy; 02-25-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by Finkleroy View Post
    I did mean SI, sorry. It's pretty marginal as kitty even for a one pointer, but not altogether useless in a Vortex-like situation.

On the last build you linked maybe you could take 1 point out of Imp LotP or Primal Fury to finish off IW. It would be painful, but Primal Fury is not quite as important to bears.
    Imp LOTP is amazing especially for progression raiding, i know i initially downrated it in my earlier posts, but i just checked my WWS from last night, the average heal from it was ~2K, granted most of it was overhealing, but it goes back to how many times have you lived with less than 100 health, this is probably the #1 must have talent for me now (after mangle of course)

primal fury is more about AOE and off tanking, if you were to take a point out of primal fury you would be better off tanking it out of feral instinct

just a note, the old swipe threat modifier + 3/3 feral instinct was less threat than a swipe now with 0/3 feral instinct

Moonkin question

I have been having a discussion with one of our guild bears about FF feral vs. Imp FF. Since the FFF is doing dmg and increasing threat the tank feels that generally the bear should be using FFF in the rotation.

I think that since the 3% hit and 3% crit (we do not run with a s. priest) is such a decent raid bonus, that the moonkin should generally handle the FF duties.

I checked thedailydruid.com, elitistjerks.com, and a few other druid websites for info on this, but have not found anything. Any advice would be really appreciated.