+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post-Blizzcon Updates from Ghostcrawler

Post-Blizzcon Updates from Ghostcrawler

Dr. Ghostcrawler's been hitting the forums again today, with a few quick updates:

Single Target Taunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ghostcrawler, WotLK Developer
    [blizzard]From my POV, the homogenization argument isn't ridiculous. It's something that is a concern for a lot of players. Just because you may not agree, doesn't mean we can discount that. Paladin and warrior tanks particularly (because they are both plate-wearers who use a shield) risk feeling like they're the same class. Each has gotten several of the abilities or functionality of the others, and I could find a few threads requesting all of the things that aren't shared yet to be shared. Remember, we've already essentially said that their threat and survivability need to be very close.

If we find that the lack of a single-target taunt really hurts paladins, then we'll give it to them. But we're not convinced that is the case yet.[/blizzard]
    [blizzard]Telling us it is necessary != us being convinced it is necessary. A lot of bad changes would go into the game if we just made whatever changes players asked for in forums. We have to be very cautious.[/blizzard]
    So, the plan at the moment is not to incorporate a single-target taunt into the Paladin repertoire, but don't be too concerned: it's not completely ruled out, they're just not sure it's necessary. At this point I think "wait and see" is probably the best approach, and if it does become an issue, bring it up again.

Shield of Righteousness Rank 2
    [blizzard]It has two ranks. Rank 1 is level 75 and rank 2 is level 80.[/blizzard]
    So we won't be seeing ShoR until Wrath release, but that's probably a good thing in the long term, as Rank 2 at level 80 will more than likely be an upgrade!

Avenger's Shield Daze
    In response to a question about whether the Daze effect on Avenger's Shield would be removed or replaced with something else:
    [blizzard]It's something we are considering. If it was a change we had already decided to make I would have posted it.[/blizzard]
    Another "wait and see" here. He also mentioned that they have more glyphs already planned to release slowly over time, so there's a possibility of seeing something there.

Health Gap
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ghostcrawler, Hot Chick
    [blizzard]You're going to have trouble convincing me that a 1000 health delta (if that's even it) is going to be the difference between getting invited to a raid or not. Bosses can hit for easily 10 times that now and you can shield block for more than that. A number that small can easily get swalled up just depending on the gear that drops for you. Are you expecting a guild to take a paladin tank and then swap one out when the warrior gets his shoulders to drop? I'm not going to promise all stats will be identical.[/blizzard]
    Basically, this just says they're not concerned about the health gap at this point, and I honestly agree. A 1000 hp gap isn't nearly as big at 80 as it was at 70. I think we'll be just fine.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I met Ghostcrawler at BlizzCon. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Velhym View Post
    I met Ghostcrawler at BlizzCon.
    Come on man, you gotta give up more details than that. You met Ghostcrawler at Blizzcon annnnddd.....
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

And I told him you wanted to be his Valentine, and he LAUGHED AT YOU.

The only tank without a single target direct taunt...

You cast righteous defense on Zod but mean while the mob switches to erik, erik dies followed by zod dies. Sure we won't encounter that much at all in wotlk with the threat generation given but it is a concern.

I think lore's analysis is right on righteous defense though i have tried to bring its flaws and issues to light.

With regards too 1000 health it hurts but its not unbearable mitigation gained from various talent changes should make up for it..

Hopefully things work out good im going with the wait and see crowd this time then we can pull out bollywood forums about ghostcrawler and paladins etc. As well as ive grown to 'trust' ghostcrawler somewhat and if he says its not a big deal it really shouldn't be a big deal. If it is the community will address it..

Okay but really, if you follow the Donor Forums it was discussed that I had acquired a Tankspot hat to showcase around but I ended up having a better idea and instead of ever removing the tags and wearing it I carefully stored it, then proceeded to ambush the mighty Ghostcrawler after the WoW Q&A panel and presented him with the Legendary Tankspot hat on behalf of the Tankspot community, which he graciously accepted.

I want an SS of dr GC wearing our hat!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Okay but really, if you follow the Donor Forums it was discussed that I had acquired a Tankspot hat to showcase around but I ended up having a better idea and instead of ever removing the tags and wearing it I carefully stored it, then proceeded to ambush the mighty Ghostcrawler after the WoW Q&A panel and presented him with the Legendary Tankspot hat on behalf of the Tankspot community, which he graciously accepted.
    There's your problem....you shoulda bought 2 hats, noob.

oh...MOAR MUVIE NEWZ!
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Personally single pt. taunt is useless, b/c Pally is and will be King of multi. mob aggro (even w/ other tank classes getting AOE abilities). Its an ability Most in raids respect b/c Pallys hold and perform it so well. W/ all the new changes if Pallys were to get single trgt. taunt what would have to be sacrificed, There will always be a give and get situation.

And I told him you wanted to be his Valentine, and he LAUGHED AT YOU.
    Harsh. Coulda at least let Lore down easy...

+ Reply to Thread