+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 3.0 Preparedness -- Your Tuesday Guide

Just so we're clear, prayer of mending /earth shield were intentionally changed so that the caster gets the aggro from the heal no matter when it was cast.

Cider, there are more glyphs unavailable and some are quite a pain.

The following glyphs are unavailable because they require Ink of the Sea, a reagent gathered from herbs that grow only in Northrend.

Glyph of Blocking (10% block value after a Shield Slam)
    Glyph of Devastate (Devastate now does two applications of Sunder Armor)
    Glyph of Intervene (+1 attacks absorbed)
    Glyph of Last Stand (-3min on the Cooldown, -10% on the effect)
    Glyph of Resonating Power (-5rage cost on Thunder Clap)
    Glyph of Taunt (+8% hit on Taunt)

Among with a few DPS glyphs. Basically everything that looks even remotely good is locked out with the following exceptions: Rapid Charge, Cleaving, Heroic Strike, Revenge, Sunder Armor, Barbaric Insults and Rending. I myself am going for Heroic Strike and Revenge it seems.

Why is no one taking imp bloodrage anymore? I can sort of see the sense in ditching it if u manage to get warbringer, but in the lvl 70 raid build in this thread it has neither warbringer or imp bloodrage. I just wanna know the reasoning behind this? I always used my imp bloodrage so i coudl get a a huge slam in the boss, to get a nice boost of early agro, which is especially important on hard trash pulls or mini bosses were u wont get no md. So what would be the first move you do now instead?(since without bloodrage it wont be a slam)

Moved this back up to the top for today's patch. Also, adjusted some raid talent spec information from a discussion on WoW forums.

Just in case anyone of you wakes up tomorrow and has lost his crit immunity due to talent & badge-gear-changes, you might find what you need in a glance in my little writeup of "easy to get +def gear" right over here:

<a href="http://warriortanking.com/equip/pre-wotlk-def-rating-guid/">Pre WotLK patch defense rating gear guide - how to get uncrittable again</a>

Good luck & have fun - can't wait for the new tanking
    - Ma feet may be naked. Still enough to boot you though.
    Troll Prot Warrior (Armory) @ WarriorTanking.com

Quote Originally Posted by Donjuan View Post
    Why is no one taking imp bloodrage anymore? I can sort of see the sense in ditching it if u manage to get warbringer, but in the lvl 70 raid build in this thread it has neither warbringer or imp bloodrage. I just wanna know the reasoning behind this? I always used my imp bloodrage so i coudl get a a huge slam in the boss, to get a nice boost of early agro, which is especially important on hard trash pulls or mini bosses were u wont get no md. So what would be the first move you do now instead?(since without bloodrage it wont be a slam)
    You get much more rage from white damage than you do now, as such the talents are better spent elsewhere. If you want to still Shield Slam right off the bat you can use Bloodrage a few seconds earlier.
    In group environments it's easy to keep your rage high between pulls, so unless you really need the extra rage it really isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Donjuan View Post
    With the new talents there's pretty good chance for you to land an early SS for free - so why "waste" the initial rage on it? Also, with charge (warbringer is a must-have for me, and if only for the fun) you'll get an extra 15 rage too.

Asking again so I don't misread o get old info:
    Threat from Earth Shield, Prayer of mending and Lifebloom are gonna switch to their casters instead of the healed targets?

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Asking again so I don't misread o get old info:
    Threat from Earth Shield, Prayer of mending and Lifebloom are gonna switch to their casters instead of the healed targets?

yes intended and documented change by blue posters

where did lores posts go?

Sorry, I have a bit of a newbie question here, its seems that with the changes to protection, leveling and grinding seems like it will be faster using a shield and 1-hander as opposed to dual wielding. Is that correct or am I just understanding the changes wrong?

think thats way they want prot to dps so they can balance prot warriors with prot palas both using sword n boards

Glyph of Resonating Power (Req. lvl. 15) - Reduces the rage cost of your Thunder Clap ability by 5.

Been thinking about this one alot. Much depends on how rage generation shakes out but -5 rage is a significant savings. Obviously, going toe to toe with a raid boss isn't generally going to make this attractive but running 5 mans, grinding, and even 10 mans...this is pretty nice. That rage savings will mean quite a few more TCs and mor threat as yo'll have more rage.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Quote Originally Posted by Seph View Post
    About Xav's macro:
    Code:
    /cast Charge
    /cast Taunt
    I really liked it when he posted it on the UK speed run topic, but now that Taunt has a longer range it's still functional?
    I wanted to ask about this as well.

Can you still use this macro now that Taunt's range has been increased? I guess I'm just curious how it would function.

If the mob is in range for both charge and taunt, will you charge the mob and then taunt it? Any drawbacks where where neither will function if one is on cooldown?

I LOVE this idea, as I always mapped Charge / Intercept / Taunt to the same key and it simply changed based on which stance I was in. If this works effectively, that's one less reflex I'll need to relearn!

The priority list seems suspect.... Revenge is really good, but I didn't think that even with 2 points in imp revenge it becomes better threat wholesale than SS. Also, by prioritizing putting SS on cd above revenge you gain the benefit of increasing the likelihood that you'll get a SS before the 6sec cd is up. Your list seems more to prioritize rage efficiency over net threat output, which should be noted somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanstone View Post
    Exactly how much rage can I expect to be generating whilst raid tanking in 3.0.2. My primary concern is helping the healers who will have to get used to not chain chugging mana pots on every encounter (or me and my Ironshield habit).
    I think I loose about 8% avoidance on my gear, but you gain 25% from Sunwell radiance. Between that, and the big spike in attack power. You won't be eating 15 rage for shield block every 5 seconds either. You'll have lots of rage. With a revenge glyph, you'll probably get a ton of HS uptime, along with everything else.

-------------------------

A few questions for people once live hits.
    Armed for the Teeth was bugged on PTR last time I tried it, is it working on Live? Do you get the extra AP when ancestral fortitude procs, or you pop an ironshield?

Is Improved Spell Reflect providing PVE spell miss rates? For only single target spells, or for AOE spells as well? In other words - is it an active damage reducer in Sunwell?

Quote Originally Posted by Kavtor View Post
    Is Improved Spell Reflect providing PVE spell miss rates? For only single target spells, or for AOE spells as well? In other words - is it an active damage reducer in Sunwell?
    Some boss level spells can "miss". I checked a recent Naj'entus WWS and he let off 100 hits. 3 failed due to immunity effects, 5 were resisted fully (which may imply a miss). Two of those fully resisted attacks were against a rogue (who missed a 3rd CoS possibly due to latency).

As for Sunwell, I don't know. Looking at some WWS, I noticed that KJ's Flame Darts and Lightning can "miss". Same for Lady Sacrolash's Shadow Blades. Not seeing much else unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparan View Post
    The priority list seems suspect.... Revenge is really good, but I didn't think that even with 2 points in imp revenge it becomes better threat wholesale than SS. Also, by prioritizing putting SS on cd above revenge you gain the benefit of increasing the likelihood that you'll get a SS before the 6sec cd is up. Your list seems more to prioritize rage efficiency over net threat output, which should be noted somewhere.
    I agree. In an infinite rage fight like Brutalus, isnt SS (S&B or not) > Rv > Dv better?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparan View Post
    It depends on so many factors, which is what I suggest in the post. Because of Heroic Strike, Rage Efficiency means quite a bit except for the half dozen encounters that are truly infinite rage. That's the reasoning behind my priority. Throw in Revenge glyph and the fact that Heroic Strikes have crit that normal attacks do not and it goes a step further.

It very well could change because of raid buffs allowing substantially more rage gain. It very well could be wrong off the bat because of Sword and Board crit, etc. There's a lot of math to be done.

+ Reply to Thread