+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's your tanking glyphs this coming tuesday?

What's your tanking glyphs this coming tuesday?

Since some of the good ones such as glyph of blocking aren't available till wotlk levels. I'm thinking up of 2 major and 3 minor ones to use, definitely getting the sunder armor glyph.

My main concern when 3.0 hits will be trying to clear some more of Sunwell in a MT role, so I'm leaning towards the following:

Glyph of Heroic Strike
    Glyph of Revenge
    Glyph of Thunder Clap
    Glyph of Charge
    Glyph of Battle

The last two won't really matter in raids, but they're better than empty glyph slots. :P
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

Yes Glyph of Charge will matter. Now that we can charge for free and in defensive stance it is highly important to be able to keep mobile. From my experience on the PTR Glyph of Charge and the talent Warbringer are both extremely valuable to any tanking situation.

But yeah, glyph of battle? Not so much.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Glyph of Bloodrage
    Is fairly nice I think. Certainly better then Charge or Battle.

Glyph of Mocking Blow
    Since it is an actual DPS increase albeit a minor one.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanstone View Post
    Glyph of Bloodrage
    Is fairly nice I think. Certainly better then Charge or Battle.
    Better than Battle, maybe, but no way is it better than Charge.

Glyph of Revenge

I am still not sold on this other than in maybe a 5man situation. With HS being our only rage dump currently. Add in the fact that we will be getting hit A LOT more than we used to be, giving us more rage. I just do not see us needing this anywhere but a 5man or maybe general leveling (since we will not be coming out of defensive stance.)

@70:
    Sunder Armor
    Blocking (if its still there, haven't seen it yet)

@80:
    Heroic Strike (if the numbers pan out to be what I think they will be.)
    or situationally
    Resonating Power

As for minors...

Thunderclap
    Charge
    Battle (for leveling)
    Bloodrage (@80)

... Battle may not be as powerful as say Bloodrage, but for leveling purposes its just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post
    My main concern when 3.0 hits will be trying to clear some more of Sunwell in a MT role, so I'm leaning towards the following:

Glyph of Heroic Strike
    Glyph of Revenge
    Glyph of Thunder Clap
    Glyph of Charge
    Glyph of Battle

The last two won't really matter in raids, but they're better than empty glyph slots. :P
    I don't see the point on wasting a Major Glyph slot to make a rage dump ability cost zero rage.

I might not count out bloodrage when leveling. With our very large health pools, and so much downtime when we do get low on health, this keeps us grinding longer. With our new TC, and the potential to solo 3-4 mobs at once, anything that saves up HP is a good thing.

As far as the free heroic strike... I wouldn't count that out either. Think of it not as a a waste of rage dump, but as a bonus to threat. Early on in a fight, you shield slam as soon as you can, and by that time usually revenge is up. Establishing threat early is never a bad thing, and a heroic strike tossed in in the first 5-10 seconds of a fight lets your DPS open up just a bit more.
    November 23, 2004 8:27:03 AM - Glomgore 10+ Years of tanking? Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Terraflop View Post
    I don't see the point on wasting a Major Glyph slot to make a rage dump ability cost zero rage.
    Because "rage dumps" are scalable and don't diminish in effectiveness unless you're capping out at 100 rage.

glyphs

When i was playing on the PTR i was using Glyph of Sunder Armor and Glyph of Revenge (some of the others weren't available so i chose those)...... the free heroic strike after every revenge was great and sundering two mobs with every mouseover sunder was pretty sweet. I'm probably gonna stick with those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Because "rage dumps" are scalable and don't diminish in effectiveness unless you're capping out at 100 rage.
    Yeah, but this is was is going to happen. You get the free HS a 60 rage, and then get hit for 50. So you didn't win anything. Of course this is not going to happen all the time, and don't get me wrong, the glyphs ARE good. It's just not that you effectively get a free HS for every Revenge or 10 rage for every HS crit in the end. Some will be wasted.

I wonder if... with the overall better rage generation, all the rage talents pls these glyphs... will there ever be a rage overkill? That we Heroic Strike on every swing and still have a full rage bar?

Then you start cleaving

Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Yeah, but this is was is going to happen. You get the free HS a 60 rage, and then get hit for 50. So you didn't win anything. Of course this is not going to happen all the time, and don't get me wrong, the glyphs ARE good. It's just not that you effectively get a free HS for every Revenge or 10 rage for every HS crit in the end. Some will be wasted.

I wonder if... with the overall better rage generation, all the rage talents pls these glyphs... will there ever be a rage overkill? That we Heroic Strike on every swing and still have a full rage bar?
    The better rage generation isn't from dmg coming in - it's from damage going out.

As far as Glyph of Revenge goes (in regards to the second post specifically which is refering to sunwell) a lot of tanks are going to be hit LESS frequently nt more so - on many fights as fast and hard hitting as they are in sunwell I do find myself rage starved for a few seconds here or there currently - it is possible to bottom out especially when trying to pump as much threat as you can. It's not as much of an issue in a fight like Brutallus do to his extreme damage output and fast chaining of attacks (special attacks and dual wield), but atleast for my guild I know I've been starved more than a few times on Kalecgos especially while fighting the demon - yes he hits like a truck - but, only if he hits, it's entirly possible to lose threat on him due to dodges / misses.

The revenge glyph @ 70 looks like a godsend to me - free rage is free rage, and it's better to not 'bottom out' than to be worried about being 'over the top'. Bottoming out becomes more of a factor the higher and higher your evasion comes as you're waiting to be hit or for that next spell damage effect to supply you a full bar. The removal of avoidance hit in SWP is going to make this an extremely effective (atleast for tanks in my situation) glyph.

None until people level up Inscription.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arrivan View Post
    None until people level up Inscription.
    Which will happen as soon as they log in. I know several people all prepared for leveling inscription.
    "Do you see us for what we are, and accept what we do? Do you seek aid and succor of us?" -Roland of Gilead, Gunslinger
    "Solving problems ain't our line. We deal in lead." - Steve McQueen
    http://www.evensfell.com/tankspotsig...xxar/image.jpg

I find the Glyph of Revenge to be my favourite. Unless you're already putting a brick on that heroic strike key, to use a Koraa expression, it's a (almost) free heroic strike every five or so seconds. That's pretty damn huge. Which ones are not available at 70 other than Blocking? Devastate?

Edit: Woops, forgot the loss of white rage.
    Last edited by Finelle; 10-13-2008 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endure View Post
    Which will happen as soon as they log in. I know several people all prepared for leveling inscription.
    Yeah, I have 4500 herbs stockpiled and 5000g, so give me a couple of hours Stormrage.
    Loyalty above all, except Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Endure View Post
    It was a joke Deadpan loses its effect on the internet >.<
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

I am liking the Glyph of Revenge, tbh. I'm a spammer and I have to pull off HS in low rage situations. *I* use HS....Alot. Probably more than I should. /shrug.

My wife is leveling Inscription on her main that is becoming her #1 alt but will still be played alot. We have 97 metric craptons of low level herbs and a fair amount of mid level stuff. The easy way is to start a new alt, pick up herbalism and go to town. Running around low zones as a lvl 70 sucks and you don't get anything else done. As a lowbie, you're questing and multitasking. I made a rogue(15), shaman(20), and pally(23) and 2 of the 3 herb.

Another thing to consider is that Inscription adds another level of complexity to the game and it is interdependant upon other issues.

Glyph of Heroic Strike becomes more attractive if you can spare the points for Cruelty and Incite. What's that? 20% more crit for HS? So...and average of 2 rage for every HS you use? If you use Glyph of Revenge, some of them will be free, even. If you have...oh, 10% base crit.....and spend 3 points on Imp HS....hrm...

Point is, Glyph decisions will make this a sort of mini game that you really have to study and figure out. Pretty cool, IMO.
    Last edited by Horacio; 10-13-2008 at 07:04 AM.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post

Glyph of Heroic Strike
    Glyph of Revenge
    Glyph of Thunder Clap
    Glyph of Charge
    Glyph of Battle

Those exactly. Poor semira lol, one of our Boomkinikins has all the stuff stashed to power level her inscription up the second she can get on. The whole guild is going to be breathing down her neck for several days lol

+ Reply to Thread