+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hosting

Hosting

Anyone have any suggestions on good, reliable domain hosting companies? Or perhaps a link to a site that rates/categorizes them?

Web Hosting provider - Virtual Private Servers (VPS) hosting, Reseller hosting, PHP hosting, cheap web hosting, Ecommerce hosting, Frontpage hosting

The above is a link to KnownHost. They've hosted TankSpot since day 1. Have had nothing but good interaction with them, and they have great reviews on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by tobarstep View Post
    Or perhaps a link to a site that rates/categorizes them?
    Any site that rates them is inevitably owned by one of the ones listed in the top 5 of each list.

GoDaddy.com is okay... ultimately with any hosting company... back up regularly and often.

Thanks, guys. Those both look good. To be honest, given GoDaddy's rather unusual name and their commercials I always thought they were a flash-in-the-pan outfit, but they look really solid.

godaddy rocks...

Whats great about godaddy is the little personal touches you get. Every month i get a phone call from them, asking am i happy with the service, have i ran into any problems, ect... That with 24 hour a day free phone support, fast stable hosting and cheap means untill they screw me over i wont be hosting anywhere else.

What are you hosting? If it's nothing you need a dedicated server for then I'd take a look @ Host Monster - Web hosting Cheap, great service and one of the few companies that provides SSH access to a virtual server.

Thanks Temig. I'm just going to be hosting a blog and some other minor things. I'm mostly using it for my own hacking and something of a learning tool. I'm primarily a desktop developer and I'd like to get some web development experience. I prefer to work in Python though, and I don't see Host Monster offering Python support, unless I just don't know where to look. Possible.

Web Hosting by Host Monster

Right column, 6th from the bottom under the "Bonus Features with all Accounts" heading

Basically, they support just about anything you could ever need.

Hrmm... I know I didn't miss something that obvious. I specifically remembered looking in that list, too and all I saw was Perl and Ruby. This does change things though. Thanks!

Ive used godaddy.com for years as far as nameservices go. I use hostmonster for hosting and love it. It has only been down 1 time in the past year, and that was for about an hour.
    You do realize why the Borg are so bad at making dimmer switches don't you?
    Resistance is futile.

+ Reply to Thread