+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pauldrons of Stone Resolve good in Wrath?

Pauldrons of Stone Resolve good in Wrath?

Hey guys, I just looked at the new and improved Pauldrons of Stone Resolve - Item - World of Warcraft in the PTR and I must say, they actually look appealing compared to their previous 'bad' status.

Any thoughts on this?

Since when were they ever a 'bad' item? I find them pretty damn decent and they've lasted me up to MH so far. They're pretty sweet as it is if you ask me.

Hmm I think they were OK before the changes, it's just that they were overshadowed by the warrior T5 shoulders, which weren't that inaccessible.

True, but consider the fact that they are from a 10-man instance and also alot more accessible than T5. You also get a socket bonus!

I guess it depends if you like the severed-gnome-heads look...

Nah they're a decent item.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Hi there, sorry to semi-hijack as such but it's relevant to some extent! I didn't want to create a new thread for this simple question I intend to be prot come the patch and have currently Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury and Pauldrons of Stone Resolve, I think up until the patch the Pauldrons of AF were the better choice, especially since protection is my "offspec" though I much prefer it, and my gear ranges wildly from Kara to BT, as such I felt I needed the massive avoidance chunk on the AF's. But what would become better in the patch/wrath?

Regards,

Kaladrin

Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury are actually better on 3.0 then live since the added strength is gonna be a decent amount of SBV too. I think they are still higher stam and avoidance then Stone Resolve. I think they will still be the better choice in general, but (like live) Stone Resolve is really good for 5mans/AoE tanking.
    Galushi - 85 Dwarf Warrior - Shadowsong US Alliance.
    Branigan - 85 Goblin Warrior - Kilrogg US Horde.

I have Stone Resolves in my bag, even though I have t 4 and 5 too. It occurs to me that I will never use them as is, but I might if I didnt have t5.
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

+ Reply to Thread