+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warrior Threat Simulator

After going into the simulator I would like to make some questions and considerations:

- It apparently uses the two swings / "clocks" (CGD and weapon), but please confirm.
    - It would be very useful to stablish a timeline since it will make simpler to go into the combatlog and see many things they might scape at first sight.
    - To make things even easier for newbies, like me , to separate rage gained from threat generated, it would be great.
    - Now, with 71 points to spent, many configurations for talents can be made. Id go for an "impale / deep wounds" talent build, rather than for an "armored to the teeth" one. But this is just a like for a way of tanking with balances to HS, improved thunderclap, etc.. This is just an appreciation for your simulator to collect some alternative builds.

I hope this helps, and give a meat for thought. As I previosly said, it is a great luck to count on a tool like this.

Thank you very much.
    Jova from EU Zul'Jin

Source code can be found where?

Quote Originally Posted by bagelbite View Post
    Source code can be found where?
    At this point in time I'm keeping the source to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

I was just working on a build similar to this in which I also took deep wounds at 80 by dropping AttT. With all the crit we are getting why not spec into it and roll deep wounds on the target? Unfortunately the threat simulator does not have this talent in it to run some tests. What do you guys think?

15/5/51 via Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Ugh, wrong forum, sorry. But I'll leave this here for the OPs consideration of putting a way to calculate threat from deep wounds

Quote Originally Posted by Optimoos View Post
    At this point in time I'm keeping the source to myself.
    Definately your choice but i wont touch it until i can see the source.

looks like a good tool though.

Is there any way of having a "use shield block on cooldown" option for added threat?

Looks like a great tool.... any chance of adding a DPS display, or possibly just exporting a bliz style combat log that could be plugged into the various combat log analyzers out there.
    Farothin of Rexxar <Avaledan>
    Paranoia is just another word for longevity.

I finally got around to looking at this and like it a lot.

There is one thing that I would suggest though, which is to add a variable of player response lag after the gcd. After pouring through lots of different wwses, I realize that even extremely good players lose about .3 seconds average after each global cooldown, which can make things that affect white damage a slightly bigger deal than we often think it is.

Awesome sim!

A suggestion though if I might.
    Would you be able to add-in Glyph support?

I've been using both the Glyph of Heroic Strike and the Glyph of Revenge.

Those two Glyphs should help greatly with TPS and overall threat generation. It'd be nice to see it reflected in the Sim if at all possible.

Regards, and thanks for the app regardless.

Nice Sw

really good work!

but, if u have the time,... itd be interesting how much threat is generated by Deep Wounds ... just to test it

thank for the simulator, anyways

Just so it doesn't look like I'm ignoring this thread, yes, I'm working on updating the sim with the latest requests. I'm re-organizing how a lot of it works though so it's taking some extra time to get the next version out. Hopefully in the next week or two I should have something for you all.

people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

You're prolly regretting making this thing by now due to all the requests for more you've had but I'd like to throw some more tasks on your shoulders if you'd take them on:

-Use Concussive Blow/Shockwave/Heroic Throw, after the first five sunders have been applied, when Shield slam cooldown < ~2 seconds and revenge is on cooldown as well while still using Devastate once every ~30 seconds (this sounded less difficult in my head than it does typed out, sorry to ask this)
    -Add a DPS output box thingy
    -Glove enchant option (specifically 2% threat)(I could calculate after the fact but I'm lazy and you seem smart )
    -Raid buffs
    -all the other things people said: expertise, sb on cd, etc.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure character sheet ap includes ap gained from AttT, could be wrong, but your simulator adds input ap to what it calculates AttT gives you.
    Last edited by OnourisofRavencrest; 12-11-2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: changed an e to an o

Quote Originally Posted by Optimoos View Post
    Ok, after all the discussion about this talent being better than that talent, and trying to decide what's the best way to go, and feeling like static spreadsheets are woefully inadequate, I spent my evening writing up a threat simulator.

The current build is likely buggy but I'm happier with the math it is spitting out. All of the threat numbers should be reported in the combat log for anyone to verify what is going on.

Here are a few things I'm presently concerned about:

- I ignored flat damage bonuses available through imp disarm and imp defensive stance (via enrage) talents, I can add these later as necessary
    - I've tried to emulate the combat table as best as I can. I've left out incoming crits no matter what your avoidance stats are based on the fact that as tanks we will all aim for crit immunity.

Update 1: I've fixed a lot of the major bugs and the numbers the simulator is spitting out are much more reasonable now. Basically at this point I need someone else to take a look at the math it's doing and make sure it's valid. The two biggest items to be aware of - when a mob blocks it is absorbing the full damage, I can't recall if this is how things work on live/beta or what the deal is, so this needs to be adjusted. Also, there is no sanity checking on the input boxes - if you type random words in and your computer explodes, please don't blame me.

Update 2: Threat was being generated on slam/revenge dodge and parries, this has been fixed. Thanks to Mefear for this one.

Update 3: Thunderclap is now available. I think I have now covered all of the essential threat generation abilities. The current priority order is to Shield Slam, Thunderclap (if you've enabled it), Revenge, then Devastate. I'm pretty happy with where this little app is at right now and without any comments or feedback I'm not going to do much more with it, so play around if you like, or... don't. :P

Update 4: Reposted to Theory & Articles for public consumption

Update 5:

- error in the combat table fixed, crits should happen at appropriate intervals now
    - special attacks only use 1/5th rage when they miss, are dodged or parried (apart from Thunderclap which will always use full rage)
    - ALL special abilites when they miss or are dodged/parried no longer generate threat (only fixed one of them when I found this bug before, doh)
    - mob block % has always been modifiable via interface - I've added mob block value and set it to 54 as default
    - damage reduction from mob armor has changed to always be applied last after all other modifiers
    - rage "c" value modified to 320.67
    - damage shield logging is clearer now to indicate crits vs regular hits

Further replies below

Update 6 (Build 1.0.3.2)

- quick fix to solve the crash, I'm implementing the parry system and will release that shortly

Update 7 (Build 1.0.4.0)

- Crash should actually be fixed now
    - Implemented parry hasting per the math provided by talisfears
    - have started the conversion from text boxes to number boxes to make input a little more sane

Update 8 (Build 1.0.5.0)

- all input boxes are properly constrained, time for me to let this sit for awhile until I get more feedback

Downloading
    I've managed to just attach the .exe this time so the download isn't as big and it fits right on the forum. If it doesn't work for you, make sure you've got the .Net framework. Version 3.5 is available here:

Download details: .NET Framework 3.5

Would love to get some feedback, thanks!

thats awesome can you do the same with avoidance? i've searched for avoidance simulators but nothing.. no luck :/

i'm from europe germany so please forgive my bad english

Comments :

Why not make an import function to import from the wow armory ? Most of these requests can all be found there and should be possible to import it including the current talent build.

This way you only have to create the math formulas in combination with the chosesn talents and stuff

But i must say it's pretty fucking awesome and it gives you a nice quick overview of a reasonable tps indication.

As a fellow programmer, I applaud you for the effort and bringing this to the community; I think everyone likes stuff they can fiddle with!

Feature Request: Addition of Average TPS, High / Low TPS Value, Ability to graph sim session (some people are just more visual than others)

All-in-all, great work and thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"In other news, Sarth 3D makes me want to stab kittens." - Horacio

Help Please

I am sorry for posting what is probably a very stupid question, but how do I find the exact information to supply for the boss boxes ?
    Ive tried Google, elitist jerks and here, and I'm either missing something or it is information that is so well known that no one posts it.
    Thank You
    P.S. This tool is awesome from what I have figured out so far.

Add a way to save stats added.

Please see updated news on the first post - I'm canceling this project in favor of a new, more diverse one I am starting.

oo, let me know when you have the new one up so i can unsticky this one.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread