+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Impale vs. Cruelty comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Glomgore View Post
    This has been smashed into the ground.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

problem solved.
    Anticipation is a must have for non-ezmode content IMO.

5/5 shield block is not a necessity, its why alot of builds are only going 2/5 improved shield block.
    "You must either conquer and rule or lose and serve, suffer or triumph, and be the anvil or hammer"-Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Glomgore View Post
    This has been smashed into the ground.

problem solved.
    I like that one, and also, I really dislike avoidance in general haha. I might go for that build for a full TPS build and maybe a 2nd one more balanced one. Not sure yet. :P

I'd love to get to impale but the opportunity cost for my playstyle is too great. If the math showed that Impale blew Cruelty away, I'd be all over it. Now that charge is a bigger part of our toolbox than it had been, its not exactly flushing talent points down the toilet but....I don't know if I can spare the points for Imp HS either(I'm banking on freebies from Glyph of Revenge to wash some of that out)

Hrmm....
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

If i assume right, that armored to the teeth is still better than both discussed.. i would anyway go for:

- keeping all major survival abilities, for helping my raid
    - assuming for bosses tanking, you wont have any problems with rage (anyway from crits you got some more rage.. so maybe thats completely out of qstn)
    - instead of impr hstr u can choose whatever.. rend, reduced stun dur.. doesnt matter
    .:: Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional ::.

I noticed some Warrior Prot builds I have looked up have Deep Wounds. Is this a PvP thing or is Deep Wounds worth getting for DPS/TPS for PvE?

Pst - look at the date.

The math was done before LK hit the stores. So no one got to try it out as lvl 80 in real scenarios, so it was all math. DW's is kinda hard to model math-wise and the stigma was still around or something. Maybe we just weren't creative enough back then, shrug.

Anyways DW thread:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f64/4...ur-damage.html

As has been posted many times, Cruelty is basically garbage in the current environment. It's one of the single worst TPS/DPS increasing talents a Warrior has available to them per point.

Impale is one of the best (with really Improved Defensive Stance and Deep Wounds being the only better per point increases) and probably worth over twice as much per point as Cruelty. Armored to the Teeth is quite a bit better than Cruelty per point.

As far as the numbers I've seen go, for me I believe Cruelty is worth around 60-75 TPS per point, whereas Impale is worth around 150-200 TPS per point. Deep Wounds was worth around 200-225 before the double-dipping hotfix, and probably about 10-15% lower now.

+ Reply to Thread