+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dps or prot?

Dps or prot?

Hi,
    I have mainly been a dps warrior and when needed an OT in Kara. I pick up the plate items the MT already has, I now find myself being in the strange position of being a well equipped tank and I am quite enjoying it( Whether this is an intentional thing from Blizz setting drop rates is another discussion).My targetting etc needs practice but will come. I am happy with threat rotations etc but could somebody check my gear please and give me advice. I'm told my def is too high and I'm told I may struggle to generate rage. Primarily answers to these questions:

a)What ench should I put on my shield and gloves?
    b)I dropped Wrynns greaves last night at Curator can you recommend gems please.
    c)I saved 60 BOJ for Dorys embrace and am looking at going tank, what chest should I go for, Chestplate of Stoicism?Or wait till the expansion.
    d)Any other observations that you have please.
    My armoury is at The World of Warcraft Armory
    Thanks.

Well you must of logged out in your dps gear so i can't give suggestions based on that but if your below 490 def in your tanking gear then you are to low to tank raids. Im not sure about the last part tho, the rage thing.. if you are below 490 def you will have plenty of rage :P..

Too High Defence

My defence is up around 520, I have been told this is too much and that I will struggle to generate rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    ... I'm told my def is too high and I'm told I may struggle to generate rage. Primarily answers to these questions:

a)What ench should I put on my shield and gloves?
    b)I dropped Wrynns greaves last night at Curator can you recommend gems please.
    c)I saved 60 BOJ for Dorys embrace and am looking at going tank, what chest should I go for, Chestplate of Stoicism?Or wait till the expansion.
    d)Any other observations that you have please.
    My armoury is at The World of Warcraft Armory
    Thanks.
    A) +18 Stam or +18 Block, depending on your needs to mitigate more damage or get and extra 180 health

B) Stam gems all the way. I used to believe that each slot should take its own color gem. Now, just get stam. You will need it come expansion

C) Get the Chest of Stoicism. You will be able to use it effectively till around level 80.

D) Your Def is good at 500+. I currently range in my def as a tank from 516 to 531 (depending on what I am using), and I can tell you that I lost 34 points when I copied over to the PTR. Because of the gear change I now have a Def of 497 on the PTR. This is using the same gear I get 531 defense from on Live. Your defense is just fine. If you start to have problems in places like Kara, learn to switch from a shield to a second weapon. Gain your extra rage, then put your shield back on and let loose.
    Bosco
    "By Grabthar's Hammer... What a savings"

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    My defence is up around 520, I have been told this is too much and that I will struggle to generate rage.

520 is fine. You won't have issues with rage don't know who put that in your head but they are wrong. Issues with rage are when you have some major avoidance numbers and you infact dodge/parry/miss alot of attacks.. if your still in kara then this will not be a factor.

If you do have some +def gems i wouldn't change those yet.. with 3.0 coming you will lose some def..

I agree with the chest up.. its just sexy.. as far as gems if your above the cap then stam is always the logical way to go at your progression lvl

+ Reply to Thread