+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Survey - What is your guild experience?

Survey - What is your guild experience?

I am writing this because I have always been curious as to what guild experiences we have in this community. Please fill out the survey!

Guild experience survey!
    • How many guilds have you been a part of?
    • What faction do you play primarly? Why?
    • In any of these guilds have you been an officer, raid leader, or GM?
    • What is your current guild name? What is your position in this guild?
    • Why did you chose to join your current guild?
    • What is the highest level of progression you have achieved?
    • What loot system does your guild use? Are you happy with it?
    • What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
    • What is your guild doing to prepare for it?
    Tanks: We like it rough.

* How many guilds have you been a part of?
    Over 15

* What faction do you play primarly? Why?
    Horde. I like the character models and the atmosphere more than Alliance.

* In any of these guilds have you been an officer, raid leader, or GM?
    More than one of them

* What is your current guild name? What is your position in this guild?
    Guildless

* Why did you chose to join your current guild?
    I didnt choose to be guildless so much as the last few guilds I have been in have died/merged...I merged with them, didnt really like what I got into, and left...this time causing me to really not have the urge to play the game anymore.

* What is the highest level of progression you have achieved?
    Cleared BT and Kalecgoes. Guild merged after 2 weeks of poor attempts on Brutallus

* What loot system does your guild use? Are you happy with it?
    We used officer loot/best upgrade. I loved it far more than DKSuck

* What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion?
    Meh. I doubt I'll be playing WotLK

What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
    Nothing at all.

* What is your guild doing to prepare for it?
    Doesnt apply
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

Four.
    Horde because my friends played Horde. Plus Gnomes are ugly.
    I have been officer and raid leader in my previous two guilds.
    <Vilified> I am a standard member.
    Because they have solid progression, good leadership, and I was friends with their MT.
    Gorefiend in BT.
    We are using a tiered roll system. We're not satisfied with it and are changing things around to suit our needs better.
    • What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
    I am really excited. I think WoW is about to become a LOT more fun for tanks. I am mostly just grinding gold and leveling proffessions. I also plan on grinding some rep while I still can.
    We are taking a break from raiding until the 3.0 patch to let our raiders rest a bit. Beyond that we are selling off some of the items in our guild bank and working on a new loot system.

Guild experience survey!
    3. My first guild was terrible. It was run by a Marine, his wife, and his mother-in-law. My second was my own guild (a group of like 5 friends). The third is a real guild.
    Horde. Orcs are awesome, and I hate short people.
    I was GM of my second guild, but that barely counts. I am officer/class leader/and a frequent raid leader in my current guild.
    Presence of Gurubashi. There's a weird mark on one of the e's and I don't know the alt code. See above for my position.
    I was specifically recruited after tanking heroics PuGs with an officer of the guild. They needed tanks, and I was good. I brought myself (current #1 tank), my pally tank friend (Current #1 pally tank) and my pocket priest friend (current #2 healer behind the Co-GM and healing officer).
    Teron Gorefiend. 2/5 MH, 4/9 BT
    We use a loot council that distributes loot based on reliability, performance, and when you last got loot. It has worked well enough, but I would be happier with a more math-based system (EPGP or something similar).
    • What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion?
    We're excited for 10-man raiding. We'll probably have 25-mans 2 nights a week, and have a 10-man officer/class leader group 2 other nights one tier ahead of the rest of the guild: to learn fights and because the officers/class leaders are simply better and more reliable.
    • What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
    I, personally, have taken 2 days vacation and will probably play for the majority of my 96-hour weekend doing instances from 70 to 80. (Instance grinding because it is both useful and because there will be about 50,000 people levelling with quests).
    The guild is stockpiling gold and forming small 5-man sub-groups for instance grinding. The officers are helping members find levelling and profession guides, as well as instance information for instance grinding.
    I. Am. Warrior.

How many guilds have you been a part of?
    Three in WoW

What faction do you play primarly? Why?
    I only play alliance because horde smells.

In any of these guilds have you been an officer, raid leader, or GM?
    All of them.

What is your current guild name? What is your position in this guild?
    Clowns on Fire. I am the officer in charge of loot/DKP and complaints. I tend to handle tank recruiting when we need to.

Why did you chose to join your current guild?
    We came up with the idea for CoF during a really terrible Nefarian fight near the end of vanilla WoW.

What is the highest level of progression you have achieved?
    We're working on Brutallus right now.

What loot system does your guild use? Are you happy with it?
    We use an open ended DKP system right now. It doesn't quite serve all our needs, so we'll be moving to EPGP for WLK.

What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
    I'm looking forward to the warrior changes. There's a lot of simplification going on - for the most part it seems to be in a good direction. I'm busy doing warrior threat testing and writing addon code like crazy.

What is your guild doing to prepare for it?
    - Recruiting to make sure our roster is solid through the transition
    - Getting policy and procedure changes ready to roll (e.g. DKP system, main changes/deathknights, etc.)
    - Trying to get as many people their missing T6 gear as possible to help in levelling to 80

Thanks for the responses!

Oh and Satrina, I would love to see what you come up with for an EPGP system and tracking method. My guild is currently discussing changing loot systems right now and EPGP has been thrown on the table.

Two. One was a guild composed of my RL friends, the second was a larger guild, consisting of great people we'd met in-game and got along with, who basically one day said "Hey you guys should all join us!" and so we did.

Strictly Alliance, simply because my friends started WoW as Alliance, I only really play with my RL friends, and have zero cause to play as Horde.
    Yes, yes, and no. I hate social leadership positions, but am forced into officer/RL positions just due to being an MT, understanding game mechanics/encounters better than everyone else, and no one else willing to lead anything.
    Pirates of Janeiro! I'm an officer.
    See above. Met the Pirates early on, one day during a raid their guild leader said "Hey guys, join us!" and we did.
    5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 2/5 Hyjal (with a non-guild raid).
    Guild doesn't raid, but my raid group uses DKP. I am quite happy with it.
    What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion?
    Quite possibly the most exciting thing to happen to WoW. Sounds awesome from every angle.

What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
    Taking a break from WoW to avoid burnout and build excitement.

Same as me.

Guild experience survey!

Barthilas: 4
    Dreadmaul: 1
    Ursin: 3

Horde because my RL friend got me in to wow and he plays Horde..

On my current guild i'm an Officer, Warrior class leader and the MT also Raid leader when i want to lead a raid, I don't let anyone assign tanks or pulls because as MT it's my job.

The Drama Ward (Read above)

I didn't i was guildless for a while scouting for a guild to raid with and my current gm comes near me inspects me and asks me to join and tells me they would be hitting SSC/TK with in 2 weeks so i decided to give them a try.

Not worth mentioning

DKP and yes

What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
    Taking a break from wow so i come back fresh and ready to instance grind

Read above

Guild experience survey!
      I've belonged to 4 guilds.
      I play alliance. I randomly picked alliance in '05 and just never had time to level up toons on the horde side.
      Officer
      Council of the Dedicated, Officer
      I choose this guild because of the fair and open system for picking raiders for casual players.
      Battle for Mount Hyjal: Winterchill
      DKP, yes
      I'm excited for the ex-pac. I'm working so much right now I haven't had time to play much.
      We have an open discussion on our forums asking guild members what raid rules they'd like to see used in Wrath. Also we continue raiding as much as possible (we are down to once per week) and recruiting via the Realm forums.
    Last edited by Bogota; 10-06-2008 at 11:48 AM.

5 (only 2 for any length of time, though)

Alliance. Just got started there, and it stuck.

GM on an alt in one of the off guilds, little used.. My main I've run 10 man raids, but no other leadership postions.

DeadMine Champions (member)

After being with prior guild for several months, ran a few raids with DMC, and found that they actually were able to have FUN running raids, while prior guild saw them as a job. DMC maintains disipline without taking the fun out of the run.

TTK (1/4), SSC (0/6, 2 tries) Plateau trash runs only. Guild is mostly a bit higher.

Roll on need for epics for main set only. If noone needs for main set, then roll for off set. Only one epic (roll) per run to any single toon, unless noone else can use it. Everything else is held by raidleader to be DE'd unless specifically asked for by someone. DE's passed out after raid by roll. Very happy with it.

While eager to try it out, still progressing on BC, so am trying to build cash and equipment to be ready in time.

See above, with a secondary recruiting effort to build a better raiding group, but only looking for qualified raiders.

Guild experience survey!
      Horde. Mostly because it's where I started.
      Yes.
      <Warcraft Dervish> Guild Leader
      It was formed by the members of a counter-strike community I was an admin of.
      1/6 SSC, 3/4 TK
      We use Suicide Kings Geo, and I've been extremely happy with it (some in game addon issues aside).
      I'm very excited. My guild had trouble initially getting into "serious" raid content due to attendance issues. We had 15 solid people who would make 90% of raids, but the turnover/reliability of the last 10 slots was horrible. The new 10/25 option on raids gives us the ability to adapt to running one 10, two 10s or a 25 based on attendance any given week which takes a lot of the edge off.
      To prepare we're creating a set raider list where we reward reliability with guaranteed raid slots while still allowing room for our casuals to fill in and keep the stress as low as possible on our core raiders.
      See above (being the GL and main tank it's hard to separate what "I'm" doing from what the guild is doing).

[*]How many guilds have you been a part of?

Four. An RFC guild to stop the guild invite spam, a real leveling guild. A wanna be MC raid guild that absorbed 15 leveling guilds, and lasted a month. And for the last 3+ years, a 12 hour/week raid guild.
    [*]What faction do you play primarly? Why?

Horde. I knew the initial game would have more people playing alliance, and I didn't want to contribute to the imbalance.
    [*]In any of these guilds have you been an officer, raid leader, or GM?

Yes, for the vast majority of my WoW experience.
    [*]What is your current guild name? What is your position in this guild?

< E X A L T E D >
    GM, and I share the raid leader and MT hats with a number of other officers.

[*]Why did you chose to join your current guild?

The folks I met in my leveling guild were pretty cool, and when we tried to raid under someone else's tent, it didn't work. We decided we could run a much tighter ship. So we did.
    [*]What is the highest level of progression you have achieved?

Just started working on M'uru.
    [*]What loot system does your guild use? Are you happy with it?

A bid DKP system. It does the job well enough.
    [*]What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?

Pretty excited about the tank changes, and their attempts to simplify and re balance parts of the game should be good over all changes. We're trying to finish off Sunwell before we run out of time. We'll see whether 3.0.2 helps, or complicates that task. I'm vaguely trying to pick up a bit more PVP gear before the xpac hits, but S4 is pretty ridiculous right now. Once the profession changes finish shaking out, I'll probably be changing professions.
    [*]What is your guild doing to prepare for it?

Right now, we're more concerned with finishing off Sunwell. We're updating our policies and trying to shake out some bugs to avoid some of the problems we ran into in the first expansion. But things can change so quickly, we'll have to play a lot of it by ear.

8 That has been serious and raiding

• Horde because my freinds played it when i started the game and i just never tried alliance really. also a huge fan of taurens
    • Yeah been guild leader in one Officer in 2 and like Co GM/Raid leader in one where i was also Main tank.

• Atm unguildied due to someone hacking my account my former guild were on kalec tho.

• Fun guild overall + freinds in there and good progress.

• Bt 4 bosses mh everything exept archi. would be longer without the hacking tho

• normal dkp system and it works perfect
    • Well not much i can do before my acc is back i got around 1k gold worth of pots hopfully not loosing them + other nice stuff to level with.

• Just getting gear and stuff to lvl fast and get decent gear from professions and stuff to easily get gear enough for the starting raids.

Guild experience survey!

Uh probbly 10 or so over my wow Life

Alliance, Started as horde, Guild died, wanted a pally, They brainwashed me.

Yes, most of the time with me not wanting to be

Seven Sins - Co GM/Raid leader

Wife wanted her own guild - Had no real choice

SSC

DKP - Very very happy

* What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
    Gimmie gimmie gimmie - I have stopped raiding waiting for it.

Selling off guild bank...

Thanks for all the responses! I am going to eventually compile this data in a meaningful way after I get a large enough response pool, so keep them coming!

Horde; Brother that got me into the game was Horde
    Officer in Guild 3, Class Lead in Guild 4
    <TG>; 1BJShortofPromo
    Raid progression, raid with a friend again, Guild 3 was dying.
    3/6 Sunwell
    AP, like it much better than DKP
    Still neutral about the "heroic raid" stuff they're doing. As for tanking it seems more enjoyable, though greatly dumbed down.
    In preparation, bring on the achievements.
    Progressing

What's AP? never heard of that loot system.

First guild was kinda just a lvling guild back in the day
    second was my guild i created with a friend
    third was a raiding guild pre BC
    fourth was another attempt to start a guild
    fifth is the guild i am in now

Alliance, watched LoTR's right before i started playing wow.. decided a dwarf would be cool

Was a GM of the second one and fourth. Was a Raid leader/mt and officer of the third and fifth

Momit. Currently taking a leave for warhammer but im slowly coming back as i absolutely hate the community of retards in war. My position was MT/OT and adviser mainly

Was looking for a casual style after raiding 6 days a week for a while.. seemed like a good fit and they where.

6/6 SSC 4/4 TK 5/5 and 5/9 when i took my leave

SK, meh i don't really care about loot believe it or not.

Im actually starting to get excited about wotlk.. Im going to be attempting to finish off getting exalted with as many factions as i can and have around 10k gold for my toons.

Not sure.. haven't logged in about 2 months

Horde, always been just cause I loved orcs in warcraft 2 :>
    Officer in my second guild, GM in the third...
    Blood and Tears, Normal member
    Needed progress which my former guild couldn't supply.
    1/6 SWP personally, guild is 2/6
    DKP with blind biddings, works fine..
    • What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King
    • expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
    Looking forward to lvling and questing about again not doing much to prepare, will regem/enchant gear when 3.0 goes live, but that's not really just for the exp :P
    Not much as of yet, trying to set up guild rules for future raiding..
    Last edited by Navlelo; 10-06-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: submitted before I was done :<

Here you go; I hope you publish a summar of the responses?

Three. 2 were leveling guilds with no raiding. Still in No. 3.

Alliance. First rolled to be on same server as a RL friend; haven't been able to get into any horde toons.

No.

The Outcasts. Member.

I came late to WoW, and a former member of my leveling guild had joined this guild. They were already clearing T4 when I joined, and it was a gret opportunity to see some raids.

Personally, 4/6 ZA. Tanked Gruul's Lair and Mags several times, but haven't been an active 25-man raider.

Everyone can roll on every piece of loot for their main spec. No, I am not happy with it.

* What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion?

Very excited about the dps changes to Prot and the expanded opportunity for 10-man raiding.

* What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?

Saving a little gold, leveling an alt.

Trying to down a few t5 bosses.

+ Reply to Thread