+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: From Patch to Wrath -- 3.0 Warriors & Paladins

Block Plus Plus.

B++.

take that, C#.

I like Bishoptwo's Idea. "Blockvoidance" really could catch on if people start saying it.

Sooo..

The term uncrushable is obsolete since bosses in Wrath routinely will not crush tanks anymore.

The term unhittable refers to having enough block/dodge/parry so that every incoming attack from a boss is blocked/dodged/parried.

The term is unhittable is argued to be misleading since players not familiar with tanking theory will assume unhittable means I can not be hit.

Does this sound like an accurate summary?

Also given Wrath's itemization, will both Warriors and Paladins be able to obtain enough block/dodge/parry so that every attack is blocked/dodged/parried?

edit: How about the term Hit Immune?
    Last edited by Tywin; 10-06-2008 at 03:06 PM.

BoB means Best of Breeds, cmon guys, we can't go there.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Passively marmot - I think this is a phrase all of tank spot can get behind... And just think when some one asks what it is, theres a chance at free adverting for tankspot.

What about just calling it DA? Damage Absorb. Cause really, thats whats happening you're taking the hit still but its being Absorbed.

Also, this thread is silly.

All this terminology speak is silly, people will learn what unhittable is when they research it, if they don't research it, they'll ask what it means elsewhere and get their info there, if they don't than they're bad.

Passively Marmot is awesome but, of course, non-tankspotters will just be like wtf?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Funny I was thinking of the phrase "Block or Better" just as I was about to post too.

BoB for short?

Are you BoB?

Yes, I think a BoB trend must begin. I'm in my BoB gear, are you?
    "We're throwing a party, it's BYOBoBG!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    All this terminology speak is silly, people will learn what unhittable is when they research it, if they don't research it, they'll ask what it means elsewhere and get their info there, if they don't than they're bad.

Passively Marmot is awesome but, of course, non-tankspotters will just be like wtf?
    And thats when you direct them to the new Sticky - So you want to be Marmot too?

And the Follow up guide - How to gear Marmot Style

And cant forget the post Marmot Vs Stam stacking Vs Avoidance.

As far as the taunt change goes, I agree that we probably will see some encounters that will require tanks to taunt from a distance, but I think one other utility detail is possibly being overlooked.

I'm currently playing a Ironbreaker in Warhammer Online who is a dwarf tanking class (there is a purpose to this, believe me). The Ironbreaker and actually all of the other tank classes in Warhammer have a taunt that works similarly to Taunt's new design in WoW in that it taunts from a decent distance, however whenever you taunt an opponent, it causes them to take 30% more damage from your attacks until they either hit you 3 times or after a certain time the debuff will fade. This usually leads me to actually pulling mobs to me when I'm questing using my taunt ability, which does work quite nicely.

I'm not sure if taunting a mob that is not in combat from a distance in WoW post 3.0 will actually pull it, but if it does, Taunt could become an additional pulling tool, which is always nice.

I believe the new term should be AoC (Avoidance of the Chinchilla), I mean who could really hit a chinchilla?

Party member -"Are you geared enough for this?"
    Tank - "I have avoidance of the chinchilla"
    Party member - "omg, will you have my babies"
    Last edited by Parah; 10-07-2008 at 12:09 AM.

You know, I get the feeling that people aren't aware of the fact that charge is usable in Defensive Stance.

My typical pull on PTR is usually shoot/throw, run back, charge, thunderclap, etc. I mean it's 15-25 free rage every 15 seconds; what's not to love about that?

As for dpsing when you're Prot specced and in a raid setting, spamming Devastate for the Sword and Board proc while charging every 15 seconds along with Bloodrage doesn't seem too bad of a combo for me.

Or I could be out of the loop and charging in Defensive Stance isn't all that great.

And sorry for changing the topic. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Parah View Post
    I mean who could really hit a chinchilla?
    They are fast, so you have to aim a bit in front of their run direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Parah View Post
    I believe the new term should be AoC (Avoidance of the Chinchilla), I mean who could really hit a chinchilla?

Party member -"Are you geared enough for this?"
    Tank - "I have avoidance of the chinchilla"
    Party member - "omg, will you have my babies"
    Are you really wanting to inflict that misspelling nightmare on the trade chats of your server. Chincilla Chinchillia Chunchilla, and the possible spelling problems go on and on.... Not so with Passive Marmot, Nice simple and Furry

why not just go with untouchable.

To hit something you have to make contact or touch it right so if its unhittable its also untouchable.

Party: "Are you untouchable?"
    Tank: "Damn right I am and don't you forget it"
    grinding in the African bush...........

Quote Originally Posted by Blatman View Post
    why not just go with untouchable.

To hit something you have to make contact or touch it right so if its unhittable its also untouchable.

Party: "Are you untouchable?"
    Tank: "Damn right I am and don't you forget it"
    Because blocking counts as unhittable. That was the whole argument they were saying if your blocking your being hit, the rest were saying a block is a block not a hit

Quote Originally Posted by kpxneophyte View Post
    You know, I get the feeling that people aren't aware of the fact that charge is usable in Defensive Stance.

My typical pull on PTR is usually shoot/throw, run back, charge, thunderclap, etc. I mean it's 15-25 free rage every 15 seconds; what's not to love about that?
    I forget it a lot. When I do remember, I love to hit Shockwave, back up, and then charge back in. Good times.

"Tanktastic"

Many warriors are tanks, but it takes the right amount of Block/Dodge/Parry to be tanktastic

I've been pondering this for quite a while and I would suggest instead of passive unhittable (which does bring to mind avoidance) that we use the term Deflection as the term for our block & (avoidance + block), thereby giving us an idea of how many hits are going to be actually hitting us.

As in, currently, Smaken sits at 27/70. That's 27% block / 43% (dodge/miss/parry) + 27% block = 70% of the time I'm not getting hit for full damage.
    I'm so tanky I get up at 5:40 in the morning.

Just call it "300" and really mess everyone up...

"Are you 300?"

+ Reply to Thread