+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Optimum Badge Choice Heading into WotLK?

Optimum Badge Choice Heading into WotLK?

Greetings tanking gurus!

I'm a warrior emerging from T4 content and heading into ZA, with maybe a little bit of SSC/TK on the horizon before WotLK goes live. I'm almost to 100 badges, and I'm in need of some advice.

I had been saving them for the Sunguard Legplates since Curator and Maulgar are being stingy with my leg drops. I had also considered the 75 badge belt if I could snag Wrynn/T4 before I hit 100 badges.

However, I was browsing the vendor today and TankPoints is telling me that the Chestplate of Stoicism is almost twice as good in terms of TP gains (~5k verus ~2-2.5k for the belt/legs) as my first choices, even though I'm upgrading from T4. I don't care about breaking the set bonus, since it is possibly the most worthless set bonus ever invented, but would the chestpiece really be the best upgrade for me?

The last thing I'm considering is that WotLK is just around the corner and if belt/leg upgrades are going to be available by 72-73 given that I am still in my blues, the chest seems more worthwhile.

Thanks in advance!

The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by Legomyaggro; 10-05-2008 at 05:55 AM.

Well, I'm 1 badge shy of 100 now and closing in on a decision. I checked up on the WotLK revamps of the new badge gear and the chest takes a big hit in terms of raw defense, which is what I think made it so attractive. It's looking more and more like the 100 badge legs will be my best choice.

Thoughts?

Legs are a huge boost in threat gen - Chest is a huge boost in advoidance - get what you need the most

+ Reply to Thread