+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WoTLK Warrior Utgarde Speed Run Video!

Did you feel your BV was low? Or did Str and the quality of your shield more then make up for it?

Would it be possible to upload it to another video hosting site? Filefront hates me for some reason...always tells me the video is unavailable.

i cant get it to work in windows media player or divx what codex do i need to download

oddly enough it works on VLC media player without problems dont know why

Awesome video, cannot wait for 3.0.2 && Wotlk. You mentioned that you were wearing all dps gear; what was your d rating like and armor etc, it did not seem like you were taking much dmg, but then again you were backed by, I'm assuming, fantastic hearlers. Also what is the add-on that tracks your demo shout, TC, and sunders below the target frame window?

Edit: Also what is your build like at 70? Just looking for ideas come 3.0.2
    Last edited by quikdeth; 10-05-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Is it possible to have a mirror for the download? Looks like Filefront is sluggish at best today

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

I think is the build I used.

Damage intake was never really bad, only pull where it can be awful is the first double-pack I pull right at the start, but I always shield wall/last stand through it - ever since the first time I tried it and died. Also, human racial is great for that pull beause I can 'trinket' out of the first stun (the mobs in the first few pulls use concussion blow), and greatly reduce damage taken. And naturally the healer is fully sunwell geared and experienced so he's entirely capable of healing through stuff.

The codec used, by the way, is x264 - if you can't get it to play in a player and want to go download it, try that.

The demo/tc/sunder tracking mod is Smarty (from dtguilds.com - highly configurable), and isn't updated, which is why it doesn't show the time on them/fading, talked to the mod author, he's going to see if he can update it for 3.0/wotlk.

My gear/stats - obviously not a particularly high amount of BV, but high crit/AP (and I don't even have max cruelty). Between shield block, and the new 10% bv glyph on shield slam, it's just fine. (Wasn't using glyphs in the video though)
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Nice Xav, thank you.

Cider wrote some times ago that LK 5-man instances have been designed to be ran faster, but I didn't figured that fast.

I evaluate a run at roughly 50% faster than a current BC instance (based on this video, with your stuff, etc.), do you agree ?
    Check-Raise, always.

Thanks a ton for the add on. Truly a necessity.

How much XP did you get in that run?

I'm talking with my friends about doing a first day of instance rushing.

Edit: Seems like 220K with rested. Pretty good.
    Last edited by fr0d0b0ls0n; 10-06-2008 at 06:56 AM.
    Follow the Moeko Principle.

Posting here too just because...

It seems you're using a charge macro Xav. I'm not sure how warbringer works exactly as I haven't had a chance to be in a non-pug setting.

So could you share your macro with the rest of the class?

This video was awesome. My friends and I are totally thinking about doing a lot of instances on the way up, though we're worried about the xp/time on it vs group questing. Our gear level isn't nearly at sunwell so we won't be able to do the pulls quite as fast as you but that definitely gives us something to shoot for.

I'd definltey be interested in either seeing more videos, or hearing your strategies for other instances on the way up. Even if its "like that video, but a different instance".

Video was going so fast, was tough to see what you were doing :P.

My question is about cleave, were you using cleave , as i kept seeing huge crits on two targest? I saw your heroic strike button flashing alot, and personally i prefer hs.

hello

can i ask u what is the rotation u use in this video and what macro u use ... is in the left side w tha "cleave" sign ... if it is a macro

/have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    The codec used, by the way, is x264 - if you can't get it to play in a player and want to go download it, try that.
    Do you know where to download that codec? I've tried a couple different sites, and neither one I've tried works.

Try googling:
    Combined Community Codec Pack

It's what I use, it basically has everything you'll need.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

The "charge" macro is just /cast charge and /cast taunt, it's so I save a hotkey. Obviously if I press it and the target is far away, I charge to the target. If I press it and the target is too close to charge, I taunt it instead. It works nice because taunt isn't on GCD so it functions well in a simple macro like that.

The other instance strategies are like that, but other instances I don't think I'll share the exact route we're going to take

I use cleave a lot, but I have no "cleave"-looking macro on the left side of the screen.. the only cleave I have on the screen is to the far right. It's not a macro, just cleave. Shift+C is my cleave hotkey. Many of my hotkeys aren't on the screen because they copied over, some didn't, that's why there's a few on the screen in random locations. I tried to use cleave whenever there was 2+ mobs up and rage permitted, obviously

Really, there's nothing 'special' in the video other than an illustration of "Wow, prot warrior 5 man tanking is quite a bit different looking/feeling now!"

Oh and so people know, Dots is right. The shockwave 'bug' was definitely fixed, which is a massive help.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Xav i really like your build but what about taking those 2points out of improved sunder and putting them in improved revenge.

sorry if i sound like a noob but does this only work on tuesday or in wotlk as i used this macro and it says your in wrong stance etc, ?

the charge taunt one i mean

Quote Originally Posted by Stoz View Post
    sorry if i sound like a noob but does this only work on tuesday or in wotlk as i used this macro and it says your in wrong stance etc, ?

the charge taunt one i mean
    Because this macro uses charge it will not work in any stance other than battle stance until you spec to Warbringer - Spell - World of Warcraft .

Im having trouble viewing the video. Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread