+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WoTLK Warrior Utgarde Speed Run Video!

WoTLK Warrior Utgarde Speed Run Video!

I actually made this to show guildies how my speed run group is going to operate.

This was made 2 builds ago, when Thunderclap was still 4 targets, and before ATT got bugged to be super-strength (it was still however 3 str/400 armor or whatever). Couple flukes in it, but eh.

Tanking in DPS gear... to do more dps! Should show you how fun warrior can be now because I'm still using all my abilities on nearly every pull, and keeping aggro (whenever mobs turned away it was almost always unfortunately because of the Shockwave bug :/)

At the very least it'll give you ideas for powerleveling to 80 as fast as you can.

The instance is Utgarde Keep, wasn't using any glyphs (glyph vendor wasn't in yet, and I didn't care really), we were all level 70.

[ame="http://files.filefront.com/PremoUtgardeSpeedavi/;11968603;/fileinfo.html"]PremoUtgardeSpeed.avi - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static4.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=798956@@AMEPARAM@@static4.filefront .com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=798956[/ame]
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Love it. Can't wait ^_^
    November 23, 2004 8:27:03 AM - Glomgore 10+ Years of tanking? Priceless

I haven't had much opportunity to play on Beta due to my work schedule lately. And I stopped reading the Beta forums as they degenerated into a smaller version of the live forums. So... what is the Shockwave bug?

Edit:
    From what little I've played on Beta, I've actually come to appreciate the default UI again. I'm considering dumping a great many of the mods I currently use, most notably Bartender and SCT/MSBT. I did like your setup, very minimalistic. What was that cooldown mod you were using?

Chances are I'm going to keep Pitbull, a cooldown mod, and IceHud. I've used a HuD for far too long and I can't exist without one now.
    Last edited by tobarstep; 10-04-2008 at 06:56 AM. Reason: added more

[filefront]798956[/filefront]

PHP Code:
    [filefront]798956[/filefront

Quote Originally Posted by tobarstep View Post
    I haven't had much opportunity to play on Beta due to my work schedule lately. And I stopped reading the Beta forums as they degenerated into a smaller version of the live forums. So... what is the Shockwave bug?
    Right now, whenever you shockwave stun mobs, once the stun fades the mobs head towards/attack the person 2nd on aggro, rather than the tank (you). You can snap their attention back to you with any threat, but the timing has to be precise, so basically if any melee dps is high on threat nearby they'll get swung at, or a caster.

It's a pretty crippling bug in large-ish pulls of mobs and easily noticeable, sometimes there will be noone on the mobs but the tank and a healer, and you can shockwave everything for like 834583 threat, yet when it fades they'll go charging for your healer.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Seemed more like you had to do something to get your threat back after a stun, so mobs would go for whoever heals or hits them first.
    Anyway, it looks like the bug is gone with the latest build. At least I haven't noticed it so far.

what was that mod on the right hand side of your screen? it looked cool
    Nom Nom NOM =D

There are two mods which pop up on the side of his screen, One is a threatmeter, diamondthreatmeter.

The second is a mod which tracks the parties(or raids) cooldowns with fun bars!!

Don't know what the name of the mod is, see xav's ui thread in the UI discussion for more info.

wow nice video

Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Seemed more like you had to do something to get your threat back after a stun, so mobs would go for whoever heals or hits them first.
    Anyway, it looks like the bug is gone with the latest build. At least I haven't noticed it so far.
    Oooh, really? I sent lots and lots of feedback about how to reproduce it and the problem with it. Definitely going to need to test it today, if it was fixed, that is amazingly good news

Quote Originally Posted by Aughban View Post
    what was that mod on the right hand side of your screen? it looked cool
    The one at the beginning was Diamond Threat Meter, but I turned it off because it takes too long to open up the threat list for a mob (in the first pull you can see I change targets so quickly that you never see any of the bars populate, it takes so long to graphically change).

The one more in the middle of my screen is cooldowntimers2, which is part of my UI compilation and pretty much the only part of my UI still working in 3.0 =/
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

I think the bug is a bit different now, unless this was the best they could do to fix it:
    In the current build, when a mob loses its target because of a stun or something similar, it will often wander around for a split second while it picks up its threat list again. After that it will go for the person with the highest threat. There was also a thread about this odd mob behavior after stuns on the US beta boards (while there was a thread about the old stun bug on the EU beta boards for over a month... please read that too Devs!).
    I hope this is still going to get completely fixed soon, but this is still preferable over random rogue deaths.

Very nice,
    Love the speed of the run. What's your avg timing for a clear? Do you know what kind of exp per run your getting? You using Sunwell dps gear? I run with a mix of BT/MH but also have some S2/S3. I'm trying to figure what I might need to open up some bag space, lol. Thanks again for view.

Lyonhearrt

What's that marking addon you're using?

Nicely done, Xav. Thanks again for taking the time help out the rest of the community!

Skindred FTW!!!

I am so excited for 3.0 / WoTLK!!!!

+---------------------------------------------------------1111---
    --1-------1-------1----111111-----111111---111111111---1111---
    ---1-----1-1-----1----1------1---1------1-------11-------1111---
    ----1---1---1---1-----1------1---1------1-------11---------------
    -----111-----111-------11111-----111111------- 11-------1111---
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frode View Post
    Its called runinandaggroeverythingnoneedformarks

What song is that in the video!

What speed was it set to? That's the only possible complaint I could have. That since it was speed up it can be a bit disorienting following all the action.

Still it gets all the major points across. Especially if you've played a Prot War on PTR (Like I) or in beta. Then you know what to look for. It hadn't occurred to me how useful warbringer would be for speed runs like this.

Is your DPS gear AP heavy or BV heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonhearrt View Post
    Very nice,
    Love the speed of the run. What's your avg timing for a clear? Do you know what kind of exp per run your getting? You using Sunwell dps gear? I run with a mix of BT/MH but also have some S2/S3. I'm trying to figure what I might need to open up some bag space, lol. Thanks again for view.

Lyonhearrt
    14-15 minutes a run, there's a timer running in the video. (Video is at 200% speed). With the changes to classes and overall being more effective, I think we can shave off a bit more time, too.

Sunwell/BT level dps gear mostly, though you can tank that in any good gear, even non-dps gear, you'll just do less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Frode View Post
    That would be Baud Mark, the best mark addon ever. And nice catching it since I only marked one thing in the whole run and it's on screen for like half a second, hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    What song is that in the video!
    Skindred - Nobody, and Skindred - Set It Off

Quote Originally Posted by Zoft View Post
    Is your DPS gear AP heavy or BV heavy?
    It's crit heavy, but naturally comes with a lot of str/ap/armor pen. No actual "tank" gear is equipped.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz

Awesome video and thanks for turning me on to Skindred. It's like Soulfly, 311 and System of a Down had an illegitimate child.

I am so excited to try tanking with the new talents and the xpac!

*wave bye CC*

+ Reply to Thread