+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have a few questions.

Have a few questions.

Well, I am the MT for my guild and have been for quite some time. They always say that I take A LOT of damage. And I just can't seem why, to me it seems that I take just as much damage as any other prot warrior would take at my gear level ect. We are 4/5 and 5/9 and I MT all of it for the most part. But recently they just got fed up with it and started having out druid MT it, or prot pally.

Now, that was the last straw, I need to know if its my gear, or our healers, or what. Link to armory: The World of Warcraft Armory Link to WWS: Wow Web Stats ( this is an old wws so it may not be accurate, its from surpremus - teron, teron attempts 4-6 are where i tanked ( stupid people not being able to do construct.. lol) I will update this with a wws from tonights raid after they post it. Again any and all feed back will be very helpful.

The only thing I might suggest is use the Sunguard Legplates instead of the ones you are wearing. But please wait for a real tank to reply...hehe

Gear wise it`s seems ok, also Skillwise the important mitigation talents are there. Maybe you could link the other tanks gear too?

Mostly Healer`s see things, for example, the bear has proably more HP then you and more mitigation through armor, so the hits are smaller and will take a "less big chunk" out of the HP bar. But in the end, the total amount of healing should be equal. You should have no problem with any boss you are on now.

The only problem would be playstyle mistakes, forgetting shield block, no prober debuffing with thunderclap and demoshout.

From what I can see, you should have around 19-20k+ HP when fully raid buffed. The only thing I might think, is that you are missing Shield block on the CDs, or not tclapping, or not demo'n, or having someone else do these things.

W/the moroes trinket, make sure you are blowing it every CD you get.

I can't view the WWS as I am at work and it refused to cooperate.

As Lac said, maybe your other tanks in the run are way overgearing you, which doesn't seem likely, maybe your debuffs are falling off, making you take more dmg, or maybe you're missing cooldowns on things like SB/Moroes trink/ironshield pots.

Make sure you are doing everything you can to decrease your incoming dmg, as long as that is what needs reducing, not the healers turning down the suck.

You wear that one set of gear for everything I bet, right?

- You're over hit cap for bosses (and way over for trash)
    - Give those Praetorian legs to an enemy and get Sunguard
    - I'd wear the SSO badge ring instead of that Signet of the Last Defender in almost any gear set

Other than that, what Wars said; there could be a bit of PEBKAC but I'm more inclined to think lazy healers.

well this is my " main " set but I do use other sets depending on the boss ect. And I have more HP the the bear, but his midi is way more then mine ( duh hes a bear :P ) I do keep SB up at all times, I usually don't keep up TC, usually the other tank does, so he may forget to put it up and it is not on the boss for a lil bit. Demo is usually never up, a warlock takes care of that through their curses. And i will looking into the sunguard legs. Anything else?

I think you are confused a bit on the warlock curse. I would think you are thinking of recklessness, which is a common curse for progression kills as it reduces armor of the boss.

Demo shout is a pretty much static cancellation of this curse, as the curse also buffs the atk power of the boss.

If he is using CoWeakness, you must carry quite a lot of warlocks, or they are making bad curse choices.

Keep demo up. Try to involve tclap every 4 rotations, just get shield slam/revenge on cooldown, and instead of doing deva/deva, do tclap/demo while continually queue'n heroic strike to keep up some semblance of good tps. This should give you consistent tps while also making sure that the debuff is kept up, you will take much less dmg this way(between 10-15%!).

Also, I can assure you, when those other guys are taking, your job is to solely sunder/demo/tclap those mobs, meaning they have those debuffs up all the time, really not a fair comparison!

Yeah when they are tanking i keep up TC and yes a lock keeps up weakness, we bring around 4-5 locks a raid so. Thanks for the input, also, after comparing to other tanks WWS around my gear level, I take a considerable less damage then they do. So would it be safe to assume its the healers fault?

if TC and demo are up, if you keep shield block on cooldown, and you pop ironshields constantly, its always the healers fault (but if any one of those conditions is not met its the fault of whoever was supposed to put them up and didnt.)

on felmyst we had an arms warrior blood frenzy recruit, demo fell off multiple times, and 3 wipes in a row the tank died to a corrosion cleave. we kicked him and the fury warrior kept up demo and we had no more wipes.

Well yeah, obviously if you are taking considerably less damage, then it is the healers fault. They are more than likely jumping on the "Warriors are old school, tough to heal, tanks" vibe that has come around on many servers these days.

Tell your healers to pick it up, reference the WWS and if they still bitch, well....they just like to bitch.

see its getting to the point where they wont let me tank anything for this reason, if I tell them its the healers fault, even tho I have proof, they will still fall back onto me saying its my prob ect..

Obvoiusly if you have proof, bring it up to someone, if they don't want to hear it, bring it up to someone else. Eventually if they don't want you to tank anything, screw em. You're doing your job, find someone else who will take you for a good tank spot(C WUT I DID THERE?) and gquit out of that popsicle stand!

really appreciate the feedback, thanks guys

I had a very brief look over the WWS where you were tanking. You used cooldowns and the odd ironshield, that looks good. However, you're not using shield block as often as you think you are. Attempt 5 is over 6 minutes long. You gain shield block 24 times. That doesnt add up to you keeping it on cooldown.

One more thing - its been mentioned before, but you should have your OTs demo shout or do it yourself. Sorry, but CoWeakness shouldn't be up. Teron is a DPS fight, where every single teeny bit of extra damage helps to cut down the number of ghosts you get. That warlock should be applying CoRecklessness or CoDoom/Agony. Your offtanks aren't exactly doing such amazing super damage that they can't afford 10 rage every 30 seconds.

Also: one of your hunters should be applying Scorpid Sting. It wasn't up.

Because my main is a healadin, I had a glance over your healers. You have nine healers for a fight that only needs eight, and is doable with seven with no real issues. This isn't really optimal for a dps race fight. Also: either the assignments are badly thought through, or they aren't following them. What gets me is that the majority of your healing on attempt 5 comes from druids and shaman. What are your paladins doing? Raid healing? Without a good steady source of direct healing (lifebloom is good, yes, and chainhealing through the MT is fine too, they shouldnt stop it) the damage Teron puts out is too spiky. Don't start me on the priests... sigh. What I would have done with a similar team is to have both paladins spam healing the tank, both druids roll lifeblooms, and then help the raid healing, and have the shammies and priests raid heal, as they have the tools for it.

When you died in attempt 4, you took a crushing blow (shield block was last applied 10 seconds before the crushing), thunderclap wasn't up, and you had no direct heals incoming. You had some hots, but that won't heal you through 11k damage fast enough on that fight.

Hope that's helpful.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

If I remember correctly I was really rage starved for that attempt, and didn't have the rage to put up a SB when it came off CD, and the OT was doing TC at that point for me.

Not sure how healing is set up for that fight, we don't have many healing pallys. You may be thinking of our pally tank, he goes in healing gear and he is the dispell biotch for the fight.

Next time we do teron ill make sure one keeps up scorpic.

And I missed a few Ironshield pots because as soon as it came off cooldown I was really low on health and had to pop a healing pot.

I mix in DPS gear to remove avoidance when tanking Teron or I inevitably get streaks that kill my threat gen. I can't imagine asking for Scorpid O_o

I just wear an odd mix of hit expertise and stam gear so I can turn the rage in to massive tps.

Quote Originally Posted by treyu View Post
    If I remember correctly I was really rage starved for that attempt, and didn't have the rage to put up a SB when it came off CD, and the OT was doing TC at that point for me.
    Looking at attempts 4 and 5 on Terron, there is some room for improvement.

You are casting alot of heroic strikes which is not so good if you are rage starved. Your Sheild Slam, Revenge and Devastate casts indicate to me that you arent keeping up your rotation very well.

You should be doing SS -> Rev -> Dev -> Dev then repeating (look for equal numbers of SS and Rev and roughly double that number of Dev's).

If your OT's aren't keeping up Demo and TC for whatever reason and you need to do it cast them in place of a Devastate.

Keep the rotation going, keep shield block up and if you still have spare rage then you can start to Heroic Strike.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

+ Reply to Thread