+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 3.0.2 Tank Glove Enchant: 15str or 2% Threat?

2% threat is only usefull if you are having (or going to have) problems keeping aggro. If your threat without the enchant is fine then its not really doing anything for you. Personally i'm sticking with 2% threat, though thats more because I can't be bothered to re-enchant my gloves atm
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

I've enchanted my gloves with strength and had absolutely no problems generating enough aggro in Sunwell, eg. Brutallus. But I'm still hesitating to change my gems from full stamina to some strength, because a number of our healers are still not comfortable with their rotation and changes.

To whomever said they think threat will always be an issue, you may want to check out Ghostcrawler's statements on that topic...Blizz has said that's not their goal, they want their tanks to focus on other aspects, like using the abilities they have in a TIMELY fashion to stay alive (rather than mashing shield block), and actually helping kill everything...

skipped most of the content in this thread to say.. 15 str ups our dps.. and that's all that matters now.

all kidding aside im going to put 240 armor chant on my new gloves. threat headaches are a thing of the past.

Strength all the way. Added damage and mitigation.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

What do you think I should enchant my threat gloves with?
    My hit rating is not that high, so +15 Hit rating could be useful.
    Then again, +15 Strength gives me +30 AP and 7,5 SBV (Even more with Shield Mastery).
    So, what do you think a tank should benefit more from? Hit rating or Strength?

Also, I got +Stamina gems in my threat gloves at the moment. I got nice avoidance gloves yesterday, so do you think I should change them with +Strength instead? For more AP and SBV.

I would never dream of dropping 2% threat.

People are talking about our increased threat,we're OP, blah blah, but something tells me you are not raiding with a good arms warrior or ret paladin. Either can put out 5-6K TPS in bursts at he beginning of a fight.

Granted, 5 minutes into an encounter, threat is a complete non-issue. But 2% of our increased threat is just MORE goodness. Giving this up for some block rating and AP seems rather foolish to me. If you wantt hat so bad, equip a DPS cloak. Or a ring. And have your threat from those items increased by 2%.

The only time there has been a valid argument about changing the glove enchant is when in pre-3.0.2 Sunwell you may have dropped it for increased avoidance, which was dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stegho View Post
    I would never dream of dropping 2% threat.

People are talking about our increased threat,we're OP, blah blah, but something tells me you are not raiding with a good arms warrior or ret paladin. Either can put out 5-6K TPS in bursts at he beginning of a fight.

Granted, 5 minutes into an encounter, threat is a complete non-issue. But 2% of our increased threat is just MORE goodness.
    [...]
    Hi Steg,

Just curious: Does having a good arms warr/ret pally in your raid ever ended up getting complaints about the TPS you were outputting?

My understanding is that threat becomes an issue when the majority of the DPS classes has to hold back to the point it means more risk of wiping due to an extended fight going through the healers' mana pools.

If that's the case, a threat enchant that scale is a must, that's for sure.
    If not, some other enchant could bring more benefits perhaps...

Unless you're raiding with 24 ret pallies, I guess the one or two guys can learn to hold off a bit until they nerf back the class to the level other DPS are at.

As for myself, the content I'm up to now (definitely NOT including SWP) is so nerfed that I can live with no enchants on anything.
    The point about 2% threat being no longer needed apply to most of the enchants I could use (more mitigation, Stam or avoidance are equally useless at my level). Just like upping my DPS is cute but definetly not a requirement.

My answer would be: No enchant at all until I hit lvl 80, unless they are real cheap or a friend wants to level up his profession.

thanks,

Mayoche

B/c of 3.0 alot of the hit I had on my gear turned into Strength so I'm chanting for +15 hit on my gloves.

(ps: I love armor vellums)

so I must be the only 1 with 3 gloves? why not get both?

I jump in and pop 10-15k threat so fast now, then i just pull away from the crowd, str or hit is good, i currently have str
    "Resistance is Futile"

All I can add to the firey mix is that %2 threat has its place in the world as does STR I personally have STR why......well...../discuss???

Curious to know how much extra threat is generated from the +15 Strength enchant. Could it be more than 2%?

Its all relative

I would have to say your choice of enchants would heavily rely on your typical tanking role. If you are an OT have some gloves with STR simply to bolster your dps if you are a MT who has no issue holding aggro then likewise why not toss some extra STR in the mix for extra block/dps. However if you are struggling to hold aggro or have some insane dps and want that extra insurance that mobs will stay on you like a booger on a finger an extra 2% threat never hurt anyone.....vigillance IMHO certainly didnt hurt the case for putting STR on instead of 2% Threat

replaced my 10 STA with 15 STR.

Due to some reading on this forum, I put 15 hit on my gloves. Much rather reassure that I'll connect with the early hits. Anything after that is irrelevent as I get so far ahead.

What's the name for the 240 armor enchant? It's not an enchant, it's an armor kit right?

*$

I also recently dropped 2% threat from my t6 gloves and went with a 10 stam kit. After raping BT lolstyle and then running SW. The stam is a non-issue, I have since switched to +15 str to my gloves and absolutely love it. I am now sitting on exactly 1100 SBV completely unbuffed, with the Coin and AutoBlocker both ready to pop to shoot me up to 1500, then shield block making it hit the nice 3k mark 10125 dmg shield slam anyone (and no the target wasnt naked)

Quote Originally Posted by bludwork View Post
    so I must be the only 1 with 3 gloves? why not get both?
    This. Dunno why people turn these sorts of things into a mutually exclusive decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    What's the name for the 240 armor enchant? It's not an enchant, it's an armor kit right?

*$
    Glove Reinforcements

+ Reply to Thread