+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 3.0.2 Tank Glove Enchant: 15str or 2% Threat?

I can not find the answer to this, so I'm just going to ask it here, then give you my reasoning.

What is the magical hit number that tanks should aim for? I talked to my MT and she advised me going for the badge belt with hit over badge belt with expertise, because i have 'no hit gear'. So, I did.

Should I put hit on my gloves too, since my hit is only 2.5%? Or should I go armor when I'm at 17k?

Again, sorry if this is wrong spot, but I felt it kind of added on to *this* specific conversation rather then in armory discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdur View Post
    What do you think I should enchant my threat gloves with?
    My hit rating is not that high, so +15 Hit rating could be useful.
    Then again, +15 Strength gives me +30 AP and 7,5 SBV (Even more with Shield Mastery).
    So, what do you think a tank should benefit more from? Hit rating or Strength?

Also, I got +Stamina gems in my threat gloves at the moment. I got nice avoidance gloves yesterday, so do you think I should change them with +Strength instead? For more AP and SBV.
    There's no +15 Hit rating enchant to gloves, at least not in BC. There is food that you can use to boost your hit rating though, if you are comfortable with your STA/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Taaryn View Post
    There's no +15 Hit rating enchant to gloves, at least not in BC. There is food that you can use to boost your hit rating though, if you are comfortable with your STA/etc.
    yes there is

it used to be spell hit only but with the hit crit haste rating conversion to all be one stat and no longer melee/ranged/spell specific this enchant now effects melee

Quote Originally Posted by Taaryn View Post
    Enchant Gloves - Precise Strikes - Spell - World of Warcraft

i think the question is 15str or 15hit...if you look at the SWP tanking items you can see that there is no +hit on them, so a tank with SWP gear will have around 21hit(only from supremus ring) or 31...MAX 56hit(if you gemed Pauldrons of Perseverance with at least one 10Hit gem so you dont loose the +stamina bonus and also using the pepes back instead of Crimson Paragon's Cover).

15str is good because of the atk pwr and block value but you will always need the +hit so i think the +15hit enchant is the "in fashion" one

^^

Quote Originally Posted by samatas View Post
    i think the question is 15str or 15hit...if you look at the SWP tanking items you can see that there is no +hit on them, so a tank with SWP gear will have around 21hit(only from supremus ring) or 31...MAX 56hit(if you gemed Pauldrons of Perseverance with at least one 10Hit gem so you dont loose the +stamina bonus and also using the pepes back instead of Crimson Paragon's Cover).

15str is good because of the atk pwr and block value but you will always need the +hit so i think the +15hit enchant is the "in fashion" one

^^
    you gem hit in your gloves as well

As I see it generating TPS isn't a issue for alot of T6 tanks.. certainly isn't for me so I intend to re-enchant mine with +15 Str.

Pre-3.0 the 2% threat really did help and I could see the difference on some fight's when the DPS were on you back threat wise.
    Anu (80 Warrior)
    Tank for The Untouchables - Runetotem (EU)

+ Reply to Thread