+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wow...massive TBC raiding nerf?

Wow...massive TBC raiding nerf?

According to mmo-champion TBC bosses and trash are getting nerfed into oblivion, having their HPs reduced by 30% across the board:

It seems that the latest build brought an interesting change to TBC instances : all monsters in TBC raid instances had their health points reduced by 30%, bosses included.
    Is this going live? I guess it'll be nice for people to see endgame content and gear up the last few weeks before Wrath. What do you think?

30% is 30%....people will still stand in the fire. It means different things for different
    fights but yeah, its pretty massive.

There is going to be alot of outcry from the hardcore community about 'caving to casuals' /shrug. Meh, not sure how I feel about it.

Have to agree with Horacio on that point. Our DPS is a bit overpowered if they manage to all live through the D&D/Fire etc.

I'm happy with this change. My guild isn't exactly a team of all star players and I'll happily accept content nerfs along with talent buffs in order to keep people motivated to get through a little bit more of the content. I don't want to be stuck at level 80 trying to get people to run old content just because I never got to beat it.

Wasn't there a post on this site before about how content nerfs are policy?

Well don't forget a lot of min/maxing is going by the wayside in 3.0. Chain chugging pots, massive DPS buff/debuff stacking, etc.

I imagine most current content (hi2u Brutallus) would be completely impossible in 3.0 without nerfs.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Oh, that's an interesting point I hadn't considered. Although overall raid buffs should be better in an "average" guild rather than worse, no?

But yeah, true min/maxing is going to be a lot harder. And let's face it, all of the true progression guilds are at least on SWP now, so it'll be nice to let the scrub "play with our friends" PVE guilds (like mine ) get a crack at the big time, if only for the fun and gear factor.

I think its potentially different for everyone.

I hitched a ride through BT from start to 1 pull on Teron last week on my druid. My healing was ok but I never came close to running short on mana. I've over stocked my regen stats massively and I ended up spamming high cost Regrowths on top of LB stacks and still used 2 pots all night and gave away my innervates.

This is going to kick my mage in the nuts....hard. I'm deep arcane and I lob frostbolts for a bit then drop the hammer with AP+IV+Trinkets and start bombing....but it costs a ton of mana. I'm built around being an alchemist with the Sorc's Alch Stone so 40% more mana back from a pot.

I might have to go back to fire or maybe frost. On that note....Locks are even more OP...they can tap and get a HoT or drain life back when out, never using a pot.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Remember that the mana regen mechanics have changed to help out situations like your mage, Horacio, along with things like the lowered cooldown on Evocate.

My experience in 3.0 thus far has been that dps has increased so dramatically across the board that longevity is not as much of an issue in the TBC fights as bosses are dying so damn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

I have to agree that this is quite the welcome change to my situation. With my work hours being completely rediculous for any real play-time and raid schedule, I find myself leading pugs into t5 stuff more often than doing any guild-wide instances.

With my warrior doing 800+dps while tanking a static raid boss, I can see these bosses getting much much easier, provided, of course, people don't stand in fire, don't suck terribly, all that jazz.

Can't wait personally til 3.0 goes live, I am going to be the happiest Orc in Kalimdor!

Along with Horacio's comment, I'm not sure that 30% less health on the bosses will save casual guilds for one last push. Maybe they could just make fire burn 30% cooler?

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    On that note....Locks are even more OP...they can tap and get a HoT or drain life back when out, never using a pot.

life tap got a massive nerf, it now goes off of spirit instead of spellpower, about 50% decrease in mana return from live to PTR from what i heard from the locks in my guild, thats a lot of globals they have to spend now.

casters will lose a lot more damage than melee, sure melee lose some but the shadowpriest/warlock synergy is totally gone, imp shadowbolt is now a self buff not a target debuff so even other warlocks wont synergize with their own class

/rant
    furthermore, i am a bit considered that protector of the pack is still party based, my warrior has 4 pieces of kara tanking gear everything else is green/blue quest rewards and i can solo things on PTR my druid could never do. o well, the game isnt balanced at 70 or balanced around soloing.

i will just have to have faith that when GC says druids take so much less damage than other tanks that no one wants anything but druids he realizes that the charaters they use to test in house all have hand picked gear that may take 6 months to accumulate on live servers because of drop rate.
    /rant end

Quote Originally Posted by Jasra View Post
    Along with Horacio's comment, I'm not sure that 30% less health on the bosses will save casual guilds for one last push. Maybe they could just make fire burn 30% cooler?
    Well, a combination of 30% less health and dps buffs could easily result in fight lasting half the time of what they do now. So there will be less chances to stand in a fire, dramatically increasing raid success chance.

Quote Originally Posted by orcstar View Post
    Well, a combination of 30% less health and dps buffs could easily result in fight lasting half the time of what they do now. So there will be less chances to stand in a fire, dramatically increasing raid success chance.
    except most casters will be seeing DPS nerfs and losing windfury is pretty big too, sure it averages out to the same ammount of extra attacks but those extra attacks to not have the extra AP of a windfury proc. raid stacking is totally gone now if it still takes 5 minutes to kill brut it would not suprise me

I seem to remember somebody on the official forums mentioning this a few days ago, and getting the response that it wasn't unusual for Blizzard to nerf existing boss health to facilitate raid testing on the test realms. I'm not getting my hopes up that the changes will go live.

I think the more progressed guilds will welcome the nerf so they can get through the weekly raiding grind a lot quicker. Also the casual guilds going through BT/Hyjal will be able to get a few more bosses down which is great including the more hard core guilds still trying to knock off Muru etc.

Eh, true...I don't think it will be a serious outcry but the Wow forums will be full of trolls....so basically normal.

No doubt, it will make every boss more killable and many casual guilds will clean up a few more progression slots they miss if they keep raiding. Redicing the number of chances to stand in the fire, as it were, will mean better chance for success.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    I think its potentially different for everyone.

I hitched a ride through BT from start to 1 pull on Teron last week on my druid. My healing was ok but I never came close to running short on mana. I've over stocked my regen stats massively and I ended up spamming high cost Regrowths on top of LB stacks and still used 2 pots all night and gave away my innervates.

This is going to kick my mage in the nuts....hard. I'm deep arcane and I lob frostbolts for a bit then drop the hammer with AP+IV+Trinkets and start bombing....but it costs a ton of mana. I'm built around being an alchemist with the Sorc's Alch Stone so 40% more mana back from a pot.

I might have to go back to fire or maybe frost. On that note....Locks are even more OP...they can tap and get a HoT or drain life back when out, never using a pot.
    I wish that were possible for a resto shaman...unfortunately once you stack haste...you either chug mana pots or go oom quickly. I probably went through 20-40 mana pots on every given raid night depending on the fight and whether I got put in the shadow priest group or not(usually not)... ugh that sucked.

To comment on the topic..perhaps they should just nerf every fight to make it so that there is no fire, there is no idiot check...there is no moving, you just stand there and dps. That way everyone can see the 'content'. I mean honestly...does it really count as seeing content if its no longer even the same fight as before? (Yes, I do not like this change at all...but i'll stop ranting now to not sound like a complete and total jerk... GG Bliz)
    Last edited by klor; 10-02-2008 at 07:47 AM.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

+ Reply to Thread