+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What level should I be tanking?

What level should I be tanking?

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys could critique and let me know where I could be at? Looking at trying to get into some gruul/mag/za runs and wondering if i'm viable to at least OT those.

Thanks for any comments,

The World of Warcraft Armory

Cheers.

You have some of the nicer pieces from Kara. The brightbrew charm is a decent stam trinket, you can work on the commendation from heroic mgt. I think you're well enough geared to be doing a tanking role for High King where you can pick up your T4 shoulders. OTing Gruul himself as a warrior can be slightly annoying as it's easy to get rage starved, but it can be done. With the right group you could probably MT him, but you really need shoulders, chest, and boots before thinking about it.

Waiting for drops is a pain, and shoulders are only drops - you need to get your T4 shoulders or even the ones of netherspite. The kara trash drop boots are excellent.

The merc shield wall is fine, you can consider switching to the SSO exalted one once you have that rep. You need to pick up the badge Stoicism chest, and could pick up the pally boots until you get the kara trash ones.

You've got a good start on your gear, try getting into some Gruul's and see what happens. You can easily be one of the sorcerer tanks in Mags. ZA is another beast altogether, the bosses in there will likely give you a bit of trouble, but it really depends on how geared the people you run with are. If they're similar to you, it's going to be very difficult. If you're carried by great dps and heals, you could be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

what are you doing with all the badges you have gotten from running kara? the 2.4 chest and leggings are huge upgrades and have helped me push to new fights without waiting around for dropped upgrades. with those pieces, your defense stats will become boosted enough that the merciless shoulders from BGs were a suitable upgrade (very high armor and stamina) that i dont even think i would equip the mantle from netherspite if he dropped it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tcdgais View Post
    what are you doing with all the badges you have gotten from running kara? the 2.4 chest and leggings are huge upgrades and have helped me push to new fights without waiting around for dropped upgrades. with those pieces, your defense stats will become boosted enough that the merciless shoulders from BGs were a suitable upgrade (very high armor and stamina) that i dont even think i would equip the mantle from netherspite if he dropped it tomorrow.
    Well, tbh i would love to have the badge chest and legs, but I haven't run Kara the approximate 8-10 times it would take me to get 200 badges. I have spent the badges i've gotten on the badge tanking ring (which was promptly replaced by the ring from shade) and the badge cloak, which I don't think will be replaced soon.

I need about 5k honor for the merciless shoulders, and I might just go ahead and get them, depending on what it would do to my defense rating (esp after 3.0 hits and I lose 20 defense rating off the top).

I don't usually have alot of time to run pugs every day for heroics, and my guild doesn't usually do 5mans at all (BT/Hyjal being run every weekday night).

I know I need to replace the blues, was just looking on where I could be comfortalble tanking, as I've yet to do anything beyond karazhan.

Thanks again for the comments,

Quote Originally Posted by shanogre View Post
    I have spent the badges i've gotten on the badge tanking ring (which was promptly replaced by the ring from shade) and the badge cloak, which I don't think will be replaced soon.
    The badge cloak will last you until T6 content, it's fine. Which badge ring did you replace with the [item]Shermanar Great-Ring[/item]? The 60 badge [item]Ring of the Stalwart Protector[/item] is far superior to the Shermanar if you can afford the defense loss, and even the [item]Ring of Unyielding Force[/item] is comparable. If it's the latter two I might use the Unyielding and Shermanar combined until being exalted with the Violet Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

+ Reply to Thread