+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For you Normal (PVE) Server Tanks

For you Normal (PVE) Server Tanks

I've got a guild, Top Gun, on Boulderfist-PVP at the moment, but I am considering a change of servers, and possibly rulesets as well. We are known on our server for our 10 man PUGs, (And sometimes 25 man when we're feeling frisky) as we start off with us 5 (Protection Warrior, Holy Pally, Resto Druid, Warlock and Rogue) and fill in 5 others to clear instances in a fairly efficient way.

But, Boulderfist's lack of good PUGgers, and seemingly lack of PVE focus in general, has been wearing on us, and we were thinking of possibly moving to a PVE Server with a high population that may be more conducive to our way of playing the game. Playing on a PVP server, nearly our entire side is filled with Shadowstep Rogues, MS Warriors, and SL Warlocks, which doesn't usually make for a good raid. We plan on 10 manning just about everything in WotLK, which means we need a pretty solid group of people to PUG from.

So, my questions are, do you PVE Realm folks find that you normally have a good wealth of players to choose from that have a PVE focus? Do you find that they are normally specced for PVE raiding more often than not? Is there a thriving PUG community on your Horde side, and would you even recommend your current server for our new home?
    <Top Gun> - Boulderfist

I play on Suramar-US PvE. It's a pretty decent server all and all. It's much much better than it used to be.

But don't feel like you're the only realm to have PUG issues. While I don't have a very difficult time finding runs when I want to, I'm also a well known tank with a very good reputation and a long friends list. With the impending launch of WoTLK many people fail to see the point in PuGing or doing PvE in general.

I also have a warlock (little bro's old toon) on Boulderfist, and It wasn't THAT terrible to find PvE based players to run with.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Try ysera, it has a great pugging community.
    "You must either conquer and rule or lose and serve, suffer or triumph, and be the anvil or hammer"-Goethe

I am on Ysera - US also. Most of the time pugs here are ok. However, like on every server, there are those times where pugging is more painful than pulling teeth. I moved from Draenor to Ysera about a year ago. Ysear's progression is further and the server is less populated. Makes for a good combination in my book.

Antonidas is a mixed bag.
    Horde has a really low pop, but lots of PUGers. This is typcially because there are few guilds that are capable of end game raiding.

Normally spec for PvE raiding? LOL yeah right. Most players (horde) here are not optimized for PvE playing at all. Tons of PUGs done with SL/SL Warlocks and Disc Priests.
    Last edited by Andenthal; 10-03-2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: misread OP
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Just be warned that pugging on new content is nothing like pugging on easy nerfed content. Even 5man pugs while levelling can be a hell of a ride let alone 10 when woltk comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Einlanzer View Post
    ISo, my questions are, do you PVE Realm folks find that you normally have a good wealth of players to choose from that have a PVE focus? Do you find that they are normally specced for PVE raiding more often than not? Is there a thriving PUG community on your Horde side, and would you even recommend your current server for our new home?
    For the most part, the people I find in PUGs are raid speced. I rarely find someone who is a pure pvp spec. I can't speak for Garona's horde side but on alliance there are a lot of like "pug alliances" and a chat channel that exists for basically creating/scheduleing PUG raids outside of lfg and trade.
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

I found the pug community on Tortheldrin (US-PVE hordeside) to be made of fail, from the perspective of a holy priest who travelled with a pocket tank. Shadow Council (US-RP hordeside) was likewise hard to find pug groups on, even for level 70 content.

I recently transferred to Sen'jin and have few issues finding groups to pug heroics, and lately there've been some 25-man pug groups going up due to the health reduction and most of our bleeding-edge raid guilds waiting out the last few weeks to Wrath.

I have been on 3 realms now with the one toon, I was shocked in:

THe difference in how the realms run with lag and shutdowns.

THe difference in ecconomy

and the greatest diff i found

THe realm im on now is PvE dead. Apparently when ----> PvP transfers became posible, the most of the top guilds folded leaving a baren realm of noobs. Initially i thought all the lower lvl toons were experienced players lvling alts pre wrath, but i have been shocked at how much coaching i need to do for what ever fight we are about to execute. They also have an absolute lack of raid culture or care.

If i am to see end game of wrath, it wont b on my current realm.

Quote Originally Posted by bludwork View Post
    Just be warned that pugging on new content is nothing like pugging on easy nerfed content. Even 5man pugs while levelling can be a hell of a ride let alone 10 when woltk comes out.

^ this. It is hard as hell to co-ordinate 9 to 24 strangers to kill a boss that is unfamiliar.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

I play on Hellscream - US - PVE and we pugged kara, za, grull, mag, ssc full clear, tk full clear, Hyjal to archi, and BT to illidan in 1 week. All post patch of course...

I'm on Dunemaul - US - PVP - Alliance and not to bad to pug a Kara or a SSC even but raid content you will be kicked from party if members think you are undergeared. Horde side has a higher pop than Ally

Barthilas Horde (PVP) that my rogue is on pugs more raids than Aggramar Alliance (PVE) that my warrior and paladin are on. However, Aggramar tends to pug more heroics and Barthilas demand "geared" players (without specifying how "geared" they want people to be, it really pisses me off but that's not for this thread) but pugs more raid content. I don't know if this is unique to Oceanic PVP servers but the community as a whole seem to be much more elitist and immature than Aggramar.

However since the patch Aggramar has been starting to pug SSC and TK, so that's a start at least
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by automatics View Post
    I play on Hellscream - US - PVE and we pugged kara, za, grull, mag, ssc full clear, tk full clear, Hyjal to archi, and BT to illidan in 1 week. All post patch of course...

im sure if i was back on frostmourne, that would be the case.

+ Reply to Thread